Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - Game Five

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    I don’t want i to give up Niko and a first round pick for an average 3&d player .

I really want to see this team with cousins
    I rather us do a desperate salary dump of Hill with a 1st round pick again. Then, try to get PG. It's all we need. Develop Jackson.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    draymond was probably the best player in the series. that is pretty depressing
    I loathe him. But he's a perfect compliment to that team. He's their glue guy. Put him on any other team, and he'd be less of a problem. Much less.

Yay anyone else excited about another cavs warriors finals?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thank goodness GS called off the dogs. Anyway great season, now comes decision time. What to do about Cousins.

It could be worse....players could have got injured or play like Toronto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Thank goodness GS called off the dogs. Anyway great season, now comes decision time. What to do about Cousins.
    The team fought back while their all stars were on the floor ..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Basketball Guru
    The team need to learn from jrue how to not mentally check out when you don't get the calls....jrue get beat up attacking the rim and don't get the calls but still manage to stay focus and play hard....

Moore is a backup. 10 points in 40 minutes? On top of that, all those turnovers and error passes? I'm all for keeping him, but damn do we need a legit SF. If moore could just put up 15 ppg, then this series or game would be different.

Tired FTs. No big 3pt runs good season.

I'm pulling for Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    That's actually pretty easy. Does he wanna come back? Re-sign him. If not, see if we can work out a sign and trade somehow. Maybe to Phoenix. Get Josh Jackson and or Marquese Chriss.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    The team need to learn from jrue how to not mentally check out when you don't get the calls....jrue get beat up attacking the rim and don't get the calls but still manage to stay focus and play hard....
    Everyone could learn a whole bunch from Jrue

Pels fought hard....they can hold their heads high.....after those first two games without Boogie NO1 would of seen this coming.....Pels got the only sweep of the 1st round.....gonna miss this squad but looking foward to a brighter future

Good way to end the game. Glad to see AD put some fight in on offense and defense at the end there. We played well, but we just couldn't match up with KD, and they made shots. One of the best teams of all time and we played them well. I do think the horribly officiated games 1 and 2 had a huge impact on how we played the series. They are good, but they shouldn't shoot as many wide open shots as they did. Our guys had no idea what they were allowed to do, and GS could comfortably play everyone on our team as hard as they wanted. Those 3 shooting fouls that AD got in the Last 4 min of this game are the same fouls he was getting all series with no whistle. Just goes to show.

I'm excited for this off season to get some pieces. I think we have a good idea about what we still need. We need a long 3 and a C so that AD doesn't have to play it. The C fix is easy with Boogie, but the 3 will be harder. If we are serious about a title then we find some way to put PG on this team with the rest of our core.

I can’t even properly express how proud I am of this squad. Even I was miserable when Boogie went down, and I never imagined us sweeping the first round, or even making the playoffs at all. #TheResurgence is gonna be AMAZING! Zero doubt, fam.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Everyone could learn a whole bunch from Jrue
    Which is the complete opposite of what everyone was saying last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Proud of this team.

I refuse to watch a game without the Pels in it. Won't support the ratings of a league that manipulates games.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

off season priorities:

1. Salary dump Hill and maybe let got a 1st round pick in the process
    2. Court a legit SF( Paul Goerge)
    3. Resign Rondo to team friendly deal
    4. Max Boogie

Is there anything that I am missing? Going into an offseason basically maxed out salary-wise. It's scary... BUT What are we supposed to do? We are going to have to start keeping 1st round picks, but salary dumping is making it a necessity to trade next years pick after the draft . We just have two bad contract left to move and we were already super close to being a contender this year.

Bonus: Hopefully, Frank Jackson isn't a complete bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    off season priorities:

1. Salary dump Hill and maybe let got a 1st round pick in the process
    2. Court a legit SF( Paul Goerge)
    3. Resign Rondo to team friendly deal
    4. Max Boogie

Is there anything that I am missing? Going into an offseason basically maxed out salary-wise. It's scary... BUT What are we supposed to do? We are going to have to start keeping 1st round picks, but salary dumping is making it a necessity to trade next years pick after the draft . We just have two bad contract left to move and we were already super close to being a contender this year.

Bonus: Hopefully, Frank Jackson isn't a complete bust.
    What you say is possible but a complete nightmare for a captician to make happen

Respect to Draymond as a player (not a person), but I really want to see an officiating crew make him defend without fouling. Make him play a series the way our guys had to play this one. I don't think he can do it. His defensive dominance is predicated on being undersized and having the refs let him get away with stuff because of it. I think he is great 2-4 defender, but he can survive as a 5 because refs give him a handicap to play with and let him maul people. The disrespect that the officiating crew showed AD in that matchup this series was criminal. That being said, Hou has a much bigger meanier dude in Capella and it will be interesting to see what Green does against him for a whole series.

Basketball Guru
    Pels second round playoff and saints second round playoff...our sports season was real good this season...... everybody should be up beat for next season....

The loss stings, but I'm still proud of this team's resiliency. They had to play a completely different style after Boogie went down, and they fought to the end despite the circumstances.

PELS FOREVER!
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    What you say is possible but a complete nightmare for a captician to make happen

I'm going to go out on a limb and say McNamara has outlined how it would work once or twice...

Why he's gone radio silent on Twitter is beyond me.

Oh. He hasn't just gone radio silent. He's deleted his whole page.

Here is a little “the more you know”

You want the playoffs and the NBA Finals to go on to be 7 game series’. If you get a quick 4-0 Conf Final, and then a 4-0 or 4-1 NBA Championship it actually drops the salary cap for the entire league. Right now we are all basing the assumption that this next years salary cap will be X, so our front office is planning for it to be X, but if you get a shorter set of series you X could turn into Y, and then you are going from having and extra $7mil to work with to only having $5mil, and that isn’t small potatoes when you are a team tight against the cap.

So pray for a long set of playoff games, and a long NBA Finals.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

It's not really a nightmare at all. Actually, the hardest part will be finding someone to take on Hill's contract. But the actual "how to get Paul George with our current cap situation" isn't. Resigning cousin's is a non-issue cap wise too.

GSW will slaughter Houston

Thread Information