Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

Hill rejected by McGee at the bucket. Sums up his career

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hill rejected by McGee. Sums up his career
    then passed the ball directly to nick young

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    This is where we miss Boogie.
    Lol and people think they don't need him. With Boogie AD isn't double or triple teamed. Miller, Moore and Clark get open looks.

This team is close.
    Hopefully Boogie comes back 90% by Feb and Hill is 2017 Hill.

They add some length in the backcourt and this team is a top 5 team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    hill has gotta be the worst player in the league
    No that is Asik. We had the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The way to beat GSW is not beating them at their own game in the playoffs. I'm 100% convince. We need to bully ball them like Caves did 2 years ago... Problem... We don't have the defenders to match up.
    You sir are smarter than our coaching staff
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    This is where we miss Boogie.
    Yep I said the further you go in the playoffs, the more you need your superstars. Role players get shut down massively

Dear Erman,

If your defensive scheme is to let Draymond get a triple double in the 1st half again, we’ll lose again.

Signed,

Everybody who watched game 1

When did you know that the fix was in? When one of our key guys got into foul trouble early? When the penalty disparity was 21-15? When the opponent went to the line 30 times to our 11? When Solo Hill suited up?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

grits was arguably our best offensive player tonight

The way Gentry coached tonight was similar to trying to put out a fire and adding more fire. I can’t believe the game plan was to go uptempo against the best uptempo team in the league

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    When did you know that the fix was in? When one of our key guys got into foul trouble early? When the penalty disparity was 21-15? When the opponent went to the line 30 times to our 11? When Solo Hill suited up?
    Solo. Definitely Solo

Michael Jordan

I’m enjoying watching Grits right now despite the blowout.

The Solo contract is definitely Dell's worst decision of his career

He shouldn't get a pass for that contract and the Asik contract

He fell into the DeMarcus and Mirotic trades. He's a middling GM at best
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-28-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Lost by 22 with a 21 FT margin. Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    CP3 said it best on why he made the decision to go to Houston.

"If you're not trying to compete against the Warriors, then what are you doing?"

If we lose this series, which based on tonight's game, I have no confidence that we'll advance. With that quote in mind, what do you guys think need to happen for us to get to their level?

Because I'll be damned if we start next season with the same shooters/scorers.
    Resign Cousins, somehow go on to have a solid enough series that Paul George thinks he can be the missing piece and Rondo/Davis/Cousins can convince him to look for a sign and trade.

Fill out the bench with cheap ring hunting veterans like perceived contender teams can always snag. Hope for health and Cousins coming back to at least 75% by the end of next season.

Rough game. Biggest factor for me was that 2nd quarter officiating. Absolutley terrible. However, we had some shots open in that run and went ice cold. Wasn't there a 20-2 run in the second for GS? Game was over at that point.

Shooting has to get better, someone besides AD has to find a way to attack the boards, refs have to call an even game. Say whatever about the fouls called on us, but they hacked us all night and didn't even have 1 player in foul trouble. Our top 3 guard options all having 4 PF with 10 min to go in the 3rd didnt help.

That run in the second let GS get into their prevent defense (crowd the 13-17ft area and bump and hold everyone who crosses) taking away any drives or rebounding options we had. They usually do that in the late 3rd or 4th. Cant let them get into those situations. It hurts because I thought we did a good job of doing that until the GS FT party.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Resign Cousins, somehow go on to have a solid enough series that Paul George thinks he can be the missing piece and Rondo/Davis/Cousins can convince him to look for a sign and trade.

Fill out the bench with cheap ring hunting veterans like perceived contender teams can always snag. Hope for health and Cousins coming back to at least 75% by the end of next season.
    Is this trading Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Is this trading Jrue?
    Have to find a way to make it work to keep all of them. Which means going deep into the luxury tax and getting the right coordination, discounts, and sign and trades to make it work.

I didn't say it was easy or even highly probable, but it would be what it takes to get to that level to have a punchers chance to beat a healthy Warriors/Rockets in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Have to find a way to make it work to keep all of them. Which means going deep into the luxury tax and getting the right coordination, discounts, and sign and trades to make it work.

I didn't say it was easy or even highly probable, but it would be what it takes to get to that level to have a punchers chance to beat a healthy Warriors/Rockets in a 7 game series.
    And then there's the caveat of OKC agreeing to this sign and trade that would consist of some combo of Mirotic/Moore/Hill/Diallo/Miller/'19 first

You guys think that if we start up a kickstarter or something, we can buy off one of the refs next game? We can't really challenge their front office's budget, but surely one of them will take a lil somethin
    Basketball.

I'd advise folks that this was probably the most probable outcome for game 1. Not surprised and should have been expected.

The key to this series will be the next 2 games, especially this next one. They get smacked again in game 2 and this series will probably go no more than 5.

Oh and yeah, need Cousins. Bad. Mirotic is best as a 6th man.

Anyone think Gentry getting that tech for arguing the initial no call foul by Draymond against AD on the jump ball had something to do with the first half officiating? Ken Mawer(sp?) Gets in his feels from time to time when someone gets hot at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    And then there's the caveat of OKC agreeing to this sign and trade that would consist of some combo of Mirotic/Moore/Hill/Diallo/Miller/'19 first
    Oh you'd have to be willing to give up at least a first rounder and maybe some combo of Mirotic/Moore/Hill/Diallo.

Might even have to help facilitate a trade to get Melo off their books by enticing some team like Brooklyn to take him for another first rounder. Since based on his words last night and today, he's going to be a problem they want to get rid of.

Like I said, it would be a high bar, close to improbable, but I was just trying to answer the question in a way that wasn't full on magical thinking....Though perhaps it's borderline close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You guys think that if we start up a kickstarter or something, we can buy off one of the refs next game? We can't really challenge their front office's budget, but surely one of them will take a lil somethin
    Ken Mauer probably would. He's a convicted felon.

Thread Information