Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Pels at Wolves. Welcome the Beard.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    First, Your not getting a Fournier or Hood for Diallo without giving up a Moore or Hill also

Second, Mirotic can play th 3 4 or 5, so we have room for 4 gigs easily
    Mirotic is not a 3 and never will be one.. he doesn't ever play the 3 for a reason.. just because he can shoot 3s doesn't mean he can play the 3.. we got Boogie for Hield.. people say this and that guy won't be traded every single year and it happens for much less then everyone says.. so everyone thinks Diallo can be this big missing piece for us yet nobody else will take him? How does hay make sense?

It's like we're actively trying to avoid getting the ball to 3ko

uggh tired ugly shooting night. minny have had us whole season, no different tonight. got the win last night so walk away with chin up splitting a very tough b2b, tonight niko got a run with the team and looked good (didn't even get a practice).

As much as it sucks hard that we didn't pull this one out, a lot of good signs here. Mirotic is gonna be huge. First game, 16/12 with 4 steals on 3/8 from 3 and 6 of his rebounds were offensive. Great to see. And he has IQ.
    Basketball.

I had high hopes for Ian Clark because I thought he could shoot 3s. I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't know how a 4th big is getting you a starting wing. Starting wings are harder to come by than 4th bigs.
    But that's not even what you are arguing.. you are basically saying Diallo is still more valuable.. if he is so good and will help us why can't he do the same for another team? He's a 4th big here because we happen to have 2 super stars and the best stretch big in he NBA.. on a young team rebuilding like the Magic he is not a 4th big and is more valuable to them then he is us.. just like Hield was very valuable to the right team landing a super star.. would you say Hield is as good as Boogie?

I wasn’t expecting to win this one. Still wish they would’ve surprised me though. Loved what I saw from Niko.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I wasn’t expecting to win this one. Still wish they would’ve surprised me though. Loved what I saw from Niko.
    This.

Tough loss, but we played hard. Just got to take of business against the Jazz and Pacers at home

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    uggh tired ugly shooting night. minny have had us whole season, no different tonight. got the win last night so walk away with chin up splitting a very tough b2b, tonight niko got a run with the team and looked good (didn't even get a practice).
    I agree 100%! Only discouraging thing for me was Gentrys lineups. Team fought hard on a back to back against a very good team. If we just make a few more shots we possibly win this game. Just wasn't our night.. maybe tired legs?

Game lost in the 1st qtr with Gentry's dumb lineup. We're too short in the backcourt.

Any reason E'Twaun Moore has only played 12 minutes tonight? Injured? Sick? Gentryed?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Mirotic is not a 3 and never will be one.. he doesn't ever play the 3 for a reason.. just because he can shoot 3s doesn't mean he can play the 3.. we got Boogie for Hield.. people say this and that guy won't be traded every single year and it happens for much less then everyone says.. so everyone thinks Diallo can be this big missing piece for us yet nobody else will take him? How does hay make sense?
    Make the salaries work

Diallo ~1 million
    Fournier 17 million

And yes, Niko can and has played at SF before

Can't wait for Solo and Jackson to start playing.. those 2 guys should help a lot making our starting lineup and bench better

Make the salaries work

Diallo ~1 million
    Fournier 17 million

And yes, Niko can and has played at ST before
    Ask anyone who's studied 3kola, and his worse position by far is SF

But that's not even what you are arguing.. you are basically saying Diallo is still more valuable.. if he is so good and will help us why can't he do the same for another team? He's a 4th big here because we happen to have 2 super stars and the best stretch big in he NBA.. on a young team rebuilding like the Magic he is not a 4th big and is more valuable to them then he is us.. just like Hield was very valuable to the right team landing a super star.. would you say Hield is as good as Boogie?
    Hield isn't as good as Boogie, but Heild's potential was huge for the Kings, and he was a shooter which is something that is at a premium in the NBA. Not a similar situation.

You aren't getting a starting sf for a 4th big. It's a "he's worth more to us than he will be to you" type deal.Diallo can be a key contributor on this team next year, and then you can trade him. Trading him now for a "starter" isn't going Ronney you a starter that will move the needle and return move value than Diallo will.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jazz just won @ Spurs. Gonna be a tough game Monday

Make the salaries work

Diallo ~1 million
    Fournier 17 million

And yes, Niko can and has played at ST before
    There would be other fillers like Ajinca thrown in to complete a deal. Not saying straight up but we have the assets to get it done. Diallo, Moore, Ajinca, and picks could get a deal like this done. Love Moore but you can find other players like him

Can't wait for Solo and Jackson to start playing.. those 2 guys should help a lot making our starting lineup and bench better
    High hopes for when they return, but then enters the problem of how do they fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Even at his worst, it's still better than what we have and/or what Diallo could net you in a trade

This offense having one pace(FAST) is kind of getting old. Feels like the team should of done something slower to clamp down on defense better. When we push the pace on BTB. Defense is just bad and lost.

Team defense just has been such a sore spot this year and I really don't understand how we have such great stretches last year when we had such poor shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yea not even going to argue that.. your offense doesn't determine if you can play SF it's your defense.. I would not want Mirotic guarding any SFs in this league or he would he torched.. he's a stretch 4 that is capable of playing the 5 as well. Somebody posted how much he has played SF in his career and it was next to nothing.

Ian Clark 32 minutes, E'Twaun Moore 12......please explain

Nuggets about to beat the Warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    High hopes for when they return, but then enters the problem of how do they fit.
    Pretty easy Solo instantly becomes the starting SF.. the only question which shouldn't be one is does Gentry put Moore or Rondo on the bench.. in Jackson's case if he shows he can play there is no problem because we are dying for guards with his skill set right now.

Thread Information