Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans VS Grizzlies January 11th

9 points in the 3rd quarter
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Obviously our true saviour is the tactical genius and cutting analytical mind of Alvin 'The Chessmaster' Gentry.
    Yes I'm sure Gentry was telling Cousins to not give any effort.

18/26 fts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes I'm sure Gentry was telling Cousins to not give any effort.
    I'm not sure Gentry knows that Cousins wasn't moving. Don't think he's watched more than 5 consecutive seconds of this game so far.
    Basketball.

This maybe the worst nba game I’ve ever seen

I blame Gentry for this...

Liggins and Asik should not be in the game at the same time.

Also Moore should never try throwing bullet passes to Asik.

Send the 'cans to the G league

I blame Gentry for this...

Liggins and Asik should not be in the game at the same time.

Also Moore should never try throwing bullet passes to Asik.
    Gentry watched the team give away an 11 point lead and we haven’t been able to rebound. He is an assistant coach not an head coach. He doesn’t really care . He shows no sense of urgency and neither does his team . Why should he care .. he’s been fired by just every other NBA team in the league . He’s probably like whatever

Liggins with the splash

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Gentry watched the team give away an 11 point lead and we haven’t been able to rebound. He is an assistant coach not an head coach. He doesn’t really care . He shows no sense of urgency and neither does his team . Why should he care .. he’s been fired by just every other NBA team in the league . He’s probably like whatever
    I don't believe you can judge Gentry based on the few seconds the camera shows of him. I've been to games and he complains a lot. Honestly I think sometimes he is in disbelief just as much as the rest of us at some of the dumb things the players do.

Cousins watches chalmers drives in for the layup

This is really depressing...like the true definition of depression. I gotta stop watching this. Even Joel and Davids banter can't bring a smile to my face.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

This team is putrid

I don't believe you can judge Gentry based on the few seconds the camera shows of him. I've been to games and he complains a lot. Honestly I think sometimes he is in disbelief just as much as the rest of us at some of the dumb things the players do.
    Disbelief doesn't excuse completely abdicating responsibility for everything, refusing to take action, and spending more time staring into your palm than watching the actual game. If you're in disbelief, call the timeout or yell the plays yourself. Don't just sit there dribbling down your chin.

Disbelief doesn't excuse completely abdicating responsibility for everything, refusing to take action, and spending more time staring into your palm than watching the actual game. If you're in disbelief, call the timeout or yell the plays yourself. Don't just sit there dribbling down your chin.
    That's the part where I said, you can't judge based off of a few seconds of what the camera shows.

That's the part where I said, you can't judge based off of a few seconds of what the camera shows.
    Okay so given that that's all we ever get, what are we supposed to judge him on?

We can't judge him on the product on court, cause that's the players not the coach.
    Can't judge him on sideline activity cause we only see small segments.
    Can't judge him on lack of defense cause that's the players and also Erman.

We supposed to judge him on his post game interviews or something? Cause those suck too.

Jrue 20 feet off Harrison like he's guarding Dwight

I'll never understand how Moore can't make FTs

Finally -- this game would not be close if guys were just hitting open jumpers.

Something so strange about seeing a guard catch a defensive rebound and immediately toss the ball to the center in a panic.
    RIP FlyGirl

Okay so given that that's all we ever get, what are we supposed to judge him on?

We can't judge him on the product on court, cause that's the players not the coach.
    Can't judge him on sideline activity cause we only see small segments.
    Can't judge him on lack of defense cause that's the players and also Erman.

We supposed to judge him on his post game interviews or something? Cause those suck too.
    My point is it's a false narrative. If you go to the actual game you will see he is up and yelling a lot.

And I just criticized him on the rotation he was using. You could also judge him on the offensive scheme and production, his use of timeouts, etc.

I'm sorry. As bad as people want to blame Gentry for stuff the defense isn't on him.

THIS: https://twitter.com/jsgrayson/status...587169792?s=09

THAT'S NOT GENTRY.

We can have the discussion that Gentry is bad. Heck, I've already said I'm MORE than fine with Gentry being fired this summer. But stupidly blaming him for stuff that isn't his fault is still wrong.

That was a flop by Cousins. Lol.

But I'll take it.

My point is it's a false narrative. If you go to the actual game you will see he is up and yelling a lot.

And I just criticized him on the rotation he was using. You could also judge him on the offensive scheme and production, his use of timeouts, etc.

I'm sorry. As bad as people want to blame Gentry for stuff the defense isn't on him.

THIS: https://twitter.com/jsgrayson/status...587169792?s=09

THAT'S NOT GENTRY.

We can have the discussion that Gentry is bad. Heck, I've already said I'm MORE than fine with Gentry being fired this summer. But stupidly blaming him for stuff that isn't his fault is still wrong.
    I know you criticised Gentry on a rotation. I had to blink twice and refresh to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

And yeah, I've been judging him on his awful rotations and awful use of timeouts throughout the season. I'm not some mindless Gentry hater, you can find multiple occurrences of me complimenting some of his out of timeout plays and choices of timeouts throughout the season if you wanted to search (not that I expect you to, by the way, it's kinda boring and a waste of time).

It's just that this alternative narrative that you often move to, which is that it's very rarely Gentry's fault and there's just tons of stuff we never see or don't understand and actually he's not responsible for half of the stuff that happens despite it literally being his job description to be in charge of those things.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle: not as damning as I make out, not as forgiving as you often do. But the fact is when you lose an 11 point lead due to horrible rotations and a staunch refusal to call timeouts, you have to turn to the coach and say man, what are you smoking?

I know you criticised Gentry on a rotation. I had to blink twice and refresh to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

And yeah, I've been judging him on his awful rotations and awful use of timeouts throughout the season. I'm not some mindless Gentry hater, you can find multiple occurrences of me complimenting some of his out of timeout plays and choices of timeouts throughout the season if you wanted to search (not that I expect you to, by the way, it's kinda boring and a waste of time).

It's just that this alternative narrative that you often move to, which is that it's very rarely Gentry's fault and there's just tons of stuff we never see or don't understand and actually he's not responsible for half of the stuff that happens despite it literally being his job description to be in charge of those things.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle: not as damning as I make out, not as forgiving as you often do. But the fact is when you lose an 11 point lead due to horrible rotations and a staunch refusal to call timeouts, you have to turn to the coach and say man, what are you smoking?
    My "alternative narrative" is that I blame the people who are actually responsible for the problem. I wish everyone would do the same instead of parroting blame to one person as if he is the entire fault.

FT shooting...

Thread Information