Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pels Summer League {merged}

I don't see how the Pels can't bring Jalen Jones, Alex Toupane, and even James Young to camp.

They're all young and we desperately need some athletic wings.

If Jones or Toupane can hit 3's and keep improving in that area... We need them

Young could get SG minutes but his shot isn't his problem... Which probably means there is a worse problem

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I don't see how the Pels can't bring Jalen Jones, Alex Toupane, and even James Young to camp.

They're all young and we desperately need some athletic wings.

If Jones or Toupane can hit 3's and keep improving in that area... We need them

Young could get SG minutes but his shot isn't his problem... Which probably means there is a worse problem
    Young has shown nothing I've seen worth taking a shot on. His best thing to his name post Kentucky is his draft position.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Young has shown nothing I've seen worth taking a shot on. His best thing to his name post Kentucky is his draft position.
    True dat.

At least jalen jones hits the boards too

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I've liked what I've seen from Jalen Jones. Great shooter and can drive to the hoop, also while having good size. Bring him in!

I mean......the good news is that you're not going to see any of these guys closing out games for us. Diallo and Cook can ball during the middle of the game, that's all we want, right now.

Not sure how to embed Tweets, but Jim Eichehofer tweeted:

Quinn Cook, Cheick Diallo and Axel Toupane not expected to play. #Pelicans starters listed as I.Cousins, Jok, J.Cousins, Lumpkin, J.Jones

Jok goes from barely playing to starting?!?! Sweet
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-14-2017 at 06:59 PM.

All-Star
    Last game, they saw what they wanted to see from the guys with a contract, now it's to the others to show they are worth a look

The Franchise
    How is everyone watching it?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jok's hit both 3s tonight.

The Franchise
    Thx

Jones and Jok need camp invites. Jok has a sweet shot. He looks better than Buddy did last year.

Looks like so long as Jok gets run, maybe he can be productive.

He could deserve a two way contract.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Didn't watch any of the game. Keep hearing people mention Jok, kinda disappointed that if he had real training camp potential that we'd play Young over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Didn't watch any of the game. Keep hearing people mention Jok, kinda disappointed that if he had real training camp potential that we'd play Young over him.
    He should have played more. Dude had 22 on 7 of 16 and 5 of 10 from three, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 rebound in 33 minutes. Just what we need at the end of the bench. A knockdown shooter from 3. He needs work but what rookie doesn't.

Jones had 21 and 12 with a block but missed all of his 3's.

Both of these guys need invites to camp.

I think Jok will no doubt get a TC invite. He is the only one that has the skill set we are looking for. Kid has a lot of potential and if he can just shoot 3s he has a role on a team like Morrow. IMO he has more potential then just a spot up shooter but only time will tell.

Jok for sure will receive a two -way contract offer. Question is - will he take it. I expect so.

The question is will Jones accept a two-way? Or two year unguaranteed deal.
    Young wont take two-way. Hopefully he can agree for a camp deal. Dont love what I have seen but he is worth cnsidering.

You guys know how high I am on Jok, but why will they offer him a two way deal when he really only played one game?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You guys know how high I am on Jok, but why will they offer him a two way deal when he really only played one game?
    Probably bring him to camp and then offer the 2 way deal if he can do something in preseason.

Edit: Not sure if that is even a possibility. Maybe a minimum unguaranteed deal that could lead to a two way contract instead of being released?
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 07-15-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Dell loves Jok. Loved his attitude.
    Last year Pels worked him and liked what they have seen. This year they decided not to work him out. Probably he knew what to expect.
    Two way contract player will play mostly .
    I will be surprised if he wont get this type of deal.

Basketball Guru
    peter jok was the only player i wanted to see in the SL and i miss the game...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    peter jok was the only player i wanted to see in the SL and i miss the game...
    To be fair, it wasn't on TV. Which is why we probably won't get a Dawkins style cut of the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    To be fair, it wasn't on TV. Which is why we probably won't get a Dawkins style cut of the highlights.
    "This is coach Karan Godwin with ball hog gloves.."

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    "This is coach Karan Godwin with ball hog gloves.."
    LOL

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Not sure how to embed Tweets, but Jim Eichehofer tweeted:

Quinn Cook, Cheick Diallo and Axel Toupane not expected to play. #Pelicans starters listed as I.Cousins, Jok, J.Cousins, Lumpkin, J.Jones

Jok goes from barely playing to starting?!?! Sweet
    I wonder if it's because they are possibly in trade dicussions. I'd hate to lose Diallo, Crawford, or cooks but if the return is really good then I'm all for it. I've felt the pelicans were waiting till summer ball was over plus got to showcase players.

Thread Information