Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    National Coattail Riders Association

I'm guessing Demps threw out everything he could to land Young and Young just decided on the easy route to a title
    I'm willing to bet we offered him virtually the same salary but maybe at 2 years.
    SIGN A SF

Warriors
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Wolves (too much talent and when they get chemistry they will be tough). These are my top 5 teams.

Then you will have the Pels, Clippers,Grizzles, Blazers and Jazz fighting for the last 3 spots. Just a embrace a first round exit if were lucky enough to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Don't forget Iggy
    Bruh, I DID!

Livingston, Swaggy, Iggy, Casspi, D-West is crazy. Add back JaVale and McCaw and that's 12 deep. Like 12 deep with NBA talent and players with a skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Bruh, I DID!

Livingston, Swaggy, Iggy, Casspi, D-West is crazy. Add back JaVale and McCaw and that's 12 deep. Like 12 deep with NBA talent and players with a skill set.

No way Swaggy cracks the rotation in the playoffs. He just wanted to be under the umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    No way Swaggy cracks the rotation in the playoffs. He just wanted to be under the umbrella.
    Swaggy will play over casspi he is the better overall player.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Sounds like Indiana working on a Miles sign-and-trade with at least one other team, and further along w/ them than with the #Twolves. https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...38232017666048
    There was a rumor that they wanted a 1st rounder in a S&T. That is ridiculous. If true, I would avoid that like the plague. He is not worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Swaggy will play over casspi he is the better overall player.
    They gave him 5mil but he will cost them 18mil. I dont think he should be worth that much to them and I am puzzled by this signing

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There was a rumor that they wanted a 1st rounder in a S&T. That is ridiculous. If true, I would avoid that like the plague. He is not worth that.
    I love Miles but not for that. any link to the rumor?
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    I wouldnt go that far. What's worse is the conferences. They make no sense when like 14 of the top 16 teams are in one conference and we'll have teams not making the playoffs out West who would finish top 4 with home court in the East.

NBA needs to either re-seed for the playoffs or go single table like in soccer.
    Doesn't matter the Warriors have the west locked down for the next few years

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    They gave him 5mil but he will cost them 18mil. I dont think he should be worth that much to them and I am puzzled by this signing
    i thought with cass signed they didnt have a need for him anymore either. off the bench they can have swaggy at 2 cass at 3 iggy at 4. crazy

We don't know what Demps offered Swaggy P in terms of $$$ or years. I don't think we can blame Demps for this since we literally have no knowledge of what was offered

It's not necessarily that they're chasing a ring...they'll get tons of open shots and championship-level exposure which could lead to a much bigger contract next year.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    We don't know what Demps offered Swaggy P in terms of $$$ or years. I don't think we can blame Demps for this since we literally have no knowledge of what was offered
    I don't blame Demps on this one. He tried but Swaggy wanted to hop on the bandwagon. Not Demps Fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    I wouldnt go that far. What's worse is the conferences. They make no sense when like 14 of the top 16 teams are in one conference and we'll have teams not making the playoffs out West who would finish top 4 with home court in the East.

NBA needs to either re-seed for the playoffs or go single table like in soccer.
    If you want eliminate conferences, one conference being overloaded is a good thing. They won't eliminate conferences if they are even or one is slightly better. But, with the West like it is, I could see a change as owners missing the playoffs on good teams start to become upset

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I wonder why Hardaway Jr's name does not show up anywhere
    I would love to get Hardaway Jr here. He is an up and coming player.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I love Miles but not for that. any link to the rumor?
    Forget where I originally read it. However, here is a reference to a 1st rounder being potentially part of a deal-

Andrew Renschen (@InfraRen)

7/5/17, 9:03 AM
    "The #Wolves have all sorts of interest in CJ Miles, but are reluctant to include the 1st rounder in S&T with #Pacers." @DWolfsonKSTP

It must feel great being a Warriors fan right now. The world is your oyster, and you can count on winning 2-3 more tiles over the next 5 years. I can't hate them for their good fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It must feel great being a Warriors fan right now. The world is your oyster, and you can count on winning 2-3 more tiles over the next 5 years. I can't hate them for their good fortune.
    no... just hope the NBA realizes a hard cap is needed
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    no... just hope the NBA realizes a hard cap is needed
    I think the tax money the league will receive from the Warriors shuts down that idea

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Doesn't matter the Warriors have the west locked down for the next few years

IT does matter as I still want the top 16 teams in the playoffs rather than playoffs which are mostly crapola, like the east.

I would love to get Hardaway Jr here. He is an up and coming player.

You think he is demanding too much?

Plenty of room in the bandwagon if you want to hop on board - I generally sell my tickets for the one or two games when they come to nola and then pretty much go to the other 40 games for free. Gotta get a piece of that circus somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Bruh, I DID!

that bench sounds like a cartoon of ninja turtles or something

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    I think the tax money the league will receive from the Warriors shuts down that idea
    True. If it's in the rules of the game, then why does the NBA need to do anything? It will be up to the owners (who really are the NBA) to voice their concerns, but if they are making money in the process (which they are) then it will be up to the owners who aren't just in it for the money (but to win titles) to voice their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Plenty of room in the bandwagon if you want to hop on board - I generally sell my tickets for the one or two games when they come to nola and then pretty much go to the other 40 games for free. Gotta get a piece of that circus somehow.
    If we have a losing season this next year, and we don't make wholesale changes, then I will.

Thread Information