Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

I want Bledsoe on this freaking team, man.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I want Bledsoe on this freaking team, man.
    I think most of the board does. We would be back in the mix if we can land him.

Bledsoe is getting married today and Cousins is at his wedding so Maybe Cousins is doing some recruiting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that's what they meant by him doing some recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Bledsoe is getting married today and Cousins is at his wedding so Maybe Cousins is doing some recruiting lol

Sadly, it is going to take a lot more than recruiting. Would not get my hopes up.

Last edited by rt0307; 07-01-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

How can they afford to keep this core?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Now that I think about it, I think Iggy goes back to GS.

He's using Houston to drive up his asking price, just like he used Sacramento in 2013. He's too attached to the Silicon Valley environment, and GS obviously presents him the best opportunity to win and play a meaningful role on a championship quality team year after year.

He's made about 118m over his 13-yr career, so yes, the money matters to a certain extent. But if GS can come even close to offering what other teams have, it's a done deal.
    Shocker. He went back.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Luxury tax

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Because they don't give a ******** about the luxury tax right now.

Basketball Guru
    im glad how teams in the west are getting better and not backing down from GS....as of today im ready to see GS vs OKC games..if westbrook,,pg13 and gay can keep the scoring going against GS and kantner and adams take care of the boards and provide inside scoring,,westbrook may get revenge on KD this season coming......

Im still waiting for us to fill our team out so i can really enjoy this season playoffs with us in it...

Seriously how do they even have close to the amount to keep him this all feels like a little bit of cheating on their part I'm js

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I really hope we trade our 2018 first round pick for Bledsoe or Fournier. Put either one next to Jrue and our backcourt instantly goes from questionable to strength.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I really hope we trade our 2018 first round pick for Bledsoe or Fournier. Put either one next to Jrue and our backcourt instantly goes from questionable to strength.
    Yeah me too!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Good God, if we can get Fournier...

Luxury tax has now gone out the window. Houston is determined and i like it in the whole scheme of things. I like how they are building a roster to keep up with GS but hate we will most likely have to go through them for any chance

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Luxury tax has now gone out the window. Houston is determined and i like it in the whole scheme of things. I like how they are building a roster to keep up with GS but hate we will most likely have to go through them for any chance

They used the MLE.

Houston GM is a beast of a GM right or wrong dude is going for the warriors jugular he's not gonna get it but he's not laying down like the some of the other GMs

Yup. Why would they. They have about a 5 yr window to ride Steph/Durrant. Go all in.

I wish the NBA would do away with the luxury tax and just hard cap the teams. It is ridiculous to say you want competitiveness and then allow the bigger market teams with deep pockets to just "buy" themselves into competitiveness.

Thread Information