Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by PortPelican View Post
    Who do we give up without trading AD?
    I'm not saying you can get him cheap, but if Sacramento doesn't want to tie themselves to Cousins for the next decade, which they probably would end up doing if they give him the new DPE in a few years, then they need to trade him. But they may not have as many potential trade partners offering up as much as they used to. The 3 teams that have been hoarding assets to trade for a star all now have star level centers, Philly with Embid, Boston with Horford, and Denver with Jokic. Again, I'm not saying he'll be cheap, but had they traded him last year or the year before they probably would have gotten a better deal.

If I was the Celtics no way I would give up the first for him I'd rather give it up for Butler if I was going to give up the first .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    It'd be nice for PG, JB, or DC and I'm sure if there is a slight chance to get them we should try but in the end I think it's a pawn to bring down the price on other players.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    For Cousins, you clean the cupboards. You ask AD if he thinks he and Cousins can get along fairly well, and if so, give them everything. It'd be the kind of move worth selling the future for, the kind of move that gives you a shot to actually become something, even if it's not likely.

Of course it won't happen lol
    @DanielVeuleman

Tyreke, Ajincia, Buddy and our 1st round pick might get it done. I would be ecstatic if we could attain Boggie for that, imagine a starting five of Jrue, Davis, Cousins, Galloway, and Solo, thats a pretty good lineup.

At least this would pump some excitement back into the fan base. I'm not even going to waste my energy on this until something actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

That would be awesome if so!

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Sky is the limit if you put AD and George together!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    At least this would pump some excitement back into the fan base. I'm not even going to waste my energy on this until something actually happens.
    I doubt a trade for a true all-star like Cousins or George happens, but possible trades could look like this:

Kings get...
    SG Buddy Hield
    SF Solomon Hill
    PG Tyreke Evans
    C Alexi Ajinca
    2017 Pelicans 1st round pick (unprotected)
    2019 Pelicans 1st round pick (unprotected)

Pelicans get...
    C DeMarcus Cousins
    SF Rudy Gay
    PG Ty Lawson
    SF Omri Casspi

Or even less likely

Pacers get...
    SG Buddy Hield
    SF Solomon Hill
    PG Tyreke Evans
    2017 Pelicans 1st round pick (unprotected)
    2019 Pelicans 1st round pick (unprotected)

Pelicans get
    SF Paul George
    PG Aaron Brooks
    SF Georges Niang
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.

I don't think we can get George without trading either Holiday or Buddy or both along with that other deal. If we getGeorge to pair with AD and Holiday then that's a potential championship level team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Zero percent chance at George, but we would have the best offer on the table for Boogie. All depends on if Sacto wants to pull the trigger, which I am guessing they won't.
    @mcnamara247

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Zero percent chance at George, but we would have the best offer on the table for Boogie. All depends on if Sacto wants to pull the trigger, which I am guessing they won't.
    You don't think another team would offer more? I'd assume even with Hield, Evans and three unprotected picks another team would be willing to offer more.

I may cry.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think this is just the front office showing everyone that they're "working".

BUT... If there is any truth to the deal that was reported earlier in which the Magic could have gotten Boogie for a package that centered around Fournier and picks, I think the Pelicans could put together at least something that's as compelling as that.

Boogie/AD at least starts to give the team an identity. The ability to resign Jrue. Now all of a sudden you have the makings of a team that could conceivably throw something different at other teams in the West to have to deal with. It's something... definitely something.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    You don't think another team would offer more? I'd assume even with Hield, Evans and three unprotected picks another team would be willing to offer more.
    No, I don't. If Sacto has the cajones to move DC or Detroit is willing to move Drummond, I think Pels have the best package. All comes down to whether those teams do it. I would bet against it, though

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    AD and Cousins, with a solid pg in Holiday, could do some damage in this league. Z-Bo and Gasol have been a tough matchup for every team, and I imagine that the AD/Cousins combo would be an even more lethal duo than Z-Bo/Gasol.

Anyway we can do this and keep Buddy, Jrue and AD?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Anyway we can do this and keep Buddy, Jrue and AD?
    What do you think? Obviously, no. Buddy and/or Jrue + mulitple picks +Diallo probably

Why would SAC do this now when they know that the Pels pick would just go higher?
    Just wait until draft night.

Thread Information