Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans signing Motiejunas?

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Should've just kept Ryan Anderson
    For $20 million a year? That is steep for his services.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Well, no.
    @DanielVeuleman

I think that might be incorrect. Lots of Youtube highlights of him roasting bigs on the block..including AD.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He's listed at 220 pounds.
    That's light for a 7 footer.
    He weighs what Davis did coming into the league.
    I can guarantee you that weight is not correct. He has to be much closer to his listed weight here:

http://hoopshype.com/player/donatas-motiejunas/

7 feet and about 259 pounds. Basically just barely heavier than Terrance Jones, but fairly taller. That 220 weight would make him smaller than Dante Cunningham, and that's not possible. Donatas plays with a lot of skill, but he's also sort of a brute out there. Should do wonders for our rebounding.

He's pretty elite in the post. Much better than Jones

If he couldn't stay healthy in Houston, what makes people think he can stay healthy here? If we sign him, I bet he plays less than 20 games for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I can guarantee you that weight is not correct. He has to be much closer to his listed weight here:

http://hoopshype.com/player/donatas-motiejunas/

7 feet and about 259 pounds. Basically just barely heavier than Terrance Jones, but fairly taller. That 220 weight would make him smaller than Dante Cunningham, and that's not possible. Donatas plays with a lot of skill, but he's also sort of a brute out there. Should do wonders for our rebounding.
    That makes me happier

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    If he couldn't stay healthy in Houston, what makes people think he can stay healthy here? If we sign him, I bet he plays less than 20 games for the season.
    Why does it matter? We weren't doing anything with that roster spot anyway. Taking a flyer on a big, who just signed a 35m contract, for the vet minimum and 1 year has NO downside. Jones had injury concerns too before signing here.

Either he plays well enough to earn minutes or never puts it together. Doesn't matter, it doesn't hurt us in any way. If we in the future need the roster spot he's on the minimum so you just cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why does it matter? We weren't doing anything with that roster spot anyway. Taking a flyer on a big, who just signed a 35m contract, for the vet minimum and 1 year has NO downside. Jones had injury concerns too before signing here.

Either he plays well enough to earn minutes or never puts it together. Doesn't matter, it doesn't hurt us in any way. If we in the future need the roster spot he's on the minimum so you just cut him.
    I guess the one down side would be he actually plays really well and then walks.

Well enough to get us some wins, but miss the playoffs barely, only to lose him to FA and fall out of the sweet spot in the draft.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I guess the one down side would be he actually plays really well and then walks.

Well enough to get us some wins, but miss the playoffs barely, only to lose him to FA and fall out of the sweet spot in the draft.
    If he plays really well and stay healthy then I think we will get in the playoffs.

What if he does very well? Maybe we will do a major trade to get a star player. I think that's what's going to happen. Could we get PG13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just stating the obvious. People are acting like he could be the answer to our prayers, for a competent big to pair with AD. If he is healthy, he likely hurts out lottery odds. If he's not, which is by far, the most likely scenario, he doesn't contribute at all. I just think people need to lower their expectations, if we make this move. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Saying as he signed a 4yr/35m deal this past summer my guess is no matter how well he plays, we will probably be able to sign him. Keep in mind he talked to multiple teams but seems to want to sign with us. No reason to believe if things go well that he wouldn't want to come back.

Nor do I believe a mid season signing on a vet minimum and 1 year will have such a great impact on our team that he single handedly pushes us near the playoffs but not into them. Odds are he very much is the same type of player he was in Houston and we gets a similar deal to the one he signed last summer, maybe from us.

If he does play well, I have to imagine that spells the end of Ajinca here.

Saying as he signed a 4yr/35m deal this past summer my guess is no matter how well he plays, we will probably be able to sign him. Keep in mind he talked to multiple teams but seems to want to sign with us. No reason to believe if things go well that he wouldn't want to come back.

Nor do I believe a mid season signing on a vet minimum and 1 year will have such a great impact on our team that he single handedly pushes us near the playoffs but not into them. Odds are he very much is the same type of player he was in Houston and we gets a similar deal to the one he signed last summer, maybe from us.

If he does play well, I have to imagine that spells the end of Ajinca here.
    I just offered the possible down side. Not really offering up it as something with an extraordinarily high probability of happening. Thats all.

To be clear, I like the signing.

The Franchise
    I thought it was a trade at first but like the value. I believe he would backup AD and be another scoring option off the bench. Now move one of our guards and centers to upgrade a position.

I hope he doesnt ruin the chemistry the team has built. Or end up being another black hole.

But still a positive piece. The team is definitely scrapping their way towards a playoff roster.

Banned

Well let me tell you something about this player, I'm Lithuanian , i follow all Lithuanians in NBA, watching almost every game, D-Mo can be answer for your prayers, if he stays helthy of course, he is extremely good at fast breaks , he did fight for his spot in Rockets a lot, he was sent back and forth to D-League, he get pissed off and asked for a trade, rockets didn't want to let him go, till miracle happened, Howard went off with injury, D-Mo did get a lot of time, so dont look at his statistics because its completely {edited-veiled cursing not allowed} there, he played a lot of games like 2-4 minutes, and then everyone saw what he's capable off, only one thing can be bad is chemistry with Terence Jones because when he did show his talents Jones was in trade rumours, D-Mo got his minutes and you can see from Jones face he wasn't happy when D-Mo scored , so only one problem it can be, sorry for my english i need to improve that for sure , so i will be rooting Pelicans at least this year for sure

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LT_McBird View Post
    Well let me tell you something about this player, I'm Lithuanian , i follow all Lithuanians in NBA, watching almost every game, D-Mo can be answer for your prayers, if he stays helthy of course, he is extremely good at fast breaks , he did fight for his spot in Rockets a lot, he was sent back and forth to D-League, he get pissed off and asked for a trade, rockets didn't want to let him go, till miracle happened, Howard went off with injury, D-Mo did get a lot of time, so dont look at his statistics because its completely {edited-veiled cursing not allowed}there, he played a lot of games like 2-4 minutes, and then everyone saw what he's capable off, only one thing can be bad is chemistry with Terence Jones because when he did show his talents Jones was in trade rumours, D-Mo got his minutes and you can see from Jones face he wasn't happy when D-Mo scored , so only one problem it can be, sorry for my english i need to improve that for sure , so i will be rooting Pelicans at least this year for sure
    thanks for this and I think you did just fine in sharing this with us....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LT_McBird View Post
    Well let me tell you something about this player, I'm Lithuanian , i follow all Lithuanians in NBA, watching almost every game, D-Mo can be answer for your prayers, if he stays helthy of course, he is extremely good at fast breaks , he did fight for his spot in Rockets a lot, he was sent back and forth to D-League, he get pissed off and asked for a trade, rockets didn't want to let him go, till miracle happened, Howard went off with injury, D-Mo did get a lot of time, so dont look at his statistics because its completely {edited-veiled cursing not allowed} there, he played a lot of games like 2-4 minutes, and then everyone saw what he's capable off, only one thing can be bad is chemistry with Terence Jones because when he did show his talents Jones was in trade rumours, D-Mo got his minutes and you can see from Jones face he wasn't happy when D-Mo scored , so only one problem it can be, sorry for my english i need to improve that for sure , so i will be rooting Pelicans at least this year for sure
    Your English is better than a lot of people's

Welcome aboard the Pels Train!

The Franchise
    He could fit perfectly as the scoring big off the bench. It's becoming the trend that mm mentioned a while back with scoring bigs off the bench like Monroe and vucevich. ( I know I miss spelled just didn't want to look him up)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Jrue/Gallo
    Buddy/Moore
    Hill/Tyreke/Qpon?
    Cunningham/Jones/Diallo
    AD/D-Mo

That is legit! Good job Demps?
    lol. Like most of Demps signings, most people agree with them at the time. Let D-Mo's back go out, then Demps will be the biggest, dumbest, troll gm in the league.

second unit could consist of D-Mo,Jones,Reke,Moore,Galloway....not to bad if Reke doesn't pound the ball to much....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    lol. Like most of Demps signings, most people agree with them at the time. Let D-Mo's back go out, then Demps will be the biggest, dumbest, troll gm in the league.
    No, these are the kind of moves he is pretty good at. However, ask him to build a team of quality starters, and he fails miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No, these are the kind of moves he is pretty good at. However, ask him to build a team of quality starters, and he fails miserably.
    Apparently D-Mot does have health issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    This opinion doesn't change the fact that whomever he signs, starter or not, most are in agreement at first.

Thread Information