Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Watching this kid right now and in a very selfish way want this team to do bad enough that we get a shot at this kid.

Simmons and Davis together would be an unstoppable force. His passing ability and IQ is off the charts for a kid this age.

I know he is playing scrub teams right now but this kid is a freak.
    Yea I definitely agree. I really think if I could have my choice of any player to put next to AD including NBA players it mite be Simmons. I really think he is that good and just a perfect fit playing with Davis. These two would be unstoppable. When Simmons gets his shot down he mite be the best player in the NBA. One of those rare talents who is his own player with a style and skill set of his own.

He's the type of player that makes me want the "draft to be rigged". The NBA benefits the most by Simmons going to which team?

Pistons, Knicks, Hornets, Nets, 76rs, Timberwolves, Kings, Blazers, Lakers, Pelicans or other?

It's sad that this won't happen because he is literally perfect for this team.

If we dont get him, I sure as hell dont want Philly to. Not so much against tanking to a point but to not try for what 5 years now is just pathetic. That and not disclosing the Holiday injury.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    If we dont get him, I sure as hell dont want Philly to. Not so much against tanking to a point but to not try for what 5 years now is just pathetic. That and not disclosing the Holiday injury.
    I approve this message. (fwiw)

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Yea I really wish they would have been forced to give us a 1st round pick. That would be so incredible for us. That team can really be something serious in the near future especially of Embid comes back to give them some trade value. I wouldn't even mind the Pels taking a risk on him for a protected future 1st round pick. If he can get past the injury which I think he will but it's just gonna take time he could be exactly what we need at center next to AD. A healthy Embid along with drafting Simmons would be amazing haha

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I really wish they would have been forced to give us a 1st round pick. That would be so incredible for us. That team can really be something serious in the near future especially of Embid comes back to give them some trade value. I wouldn't even mind the Pels taking a risk on him for a protected future 1st round pick. If he can get past the injury which I think he will but it's just gonna take time he could be exactly what we need at center next to AD. A healthy Embid along with drafting Simmons would be amazing haha
    I loved watching Embiid in college, but I just get that Greg Oden vibe from him. I think he'll have injuries hold him back from ever having a good career. Hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I loved watching Embiid in college, but I just get that Greg Oden vibe from him. I think he'll have injuries hold him back from ever having a good career. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Yea me too. I loved him in college and always thought he would be exactly what this team needs next to Davis. Sad how the start of his career has been but he has lots of time to turn it around. I just don't think the Sixers have any use for him now and would probably like to move him and get something for him. I would jump all over that deal. It would be risky but the reward could be a top 5 center in the NBA that fits next to Davis perfectly. I think the right thing has been done with him to let everything completely heal and he has been given that fortune because the Sixers want to suck for as many year possible until they stack that team up from starters to bench with lottery picks.

Yea me too. I loved him in college and always thought he would be exactly what this team needs next to Davis. Sad how the start of his career has been but he has lots of time to turn it around. I just don't think the Sixers have any use for him now and would probably like to move him and get something for him. I would jump all over that deal. It would be risky but the reward could be a top 5 center in the NBA that fits next to Davis perfectly. I think the right thing has been done with him to let everything completely heal and he has been given that fortune because the Sixers want to suck for as many year possible until they stack that team up from starters to bench with lottery picks.
    I read recently that Embid has some ongoing character issues already with the Sixers. Apparently the recovery from one of his foot injuries didn't heal like they were hoping partly because he didn't wear the walking boot the full time that the team doctors directed him to. Don't have a link to exactly where, but it's around. Don't think he's on Dell's list, and especially with an chronically injured player on this already injury-troubled team.

Can't wait for the game tonight, LSU basketball is the only thing saving me from this horrible sports season. After the Cubs made it to the NLCS it has all been down here from then

Anyone else watching this game? Simmons just makes everything look so easy, in the same way AD does.

Simmons and Blakeney is an awesome duo.

Simmons and Blakeney is an awesome duo.
    Isn't Blakeney also supposed to be a first round pick? JJ has a way of selling LSU to these kids. He might not be much of a coach, but if you can recruit that's 75% of the battle.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Isn't Blakeney also supposed to be a first round pick? JJ has a way of selling LSU to these kids. He might not be much of a coach, but if you can recruit that's 75% of the battle.
    Either JJ or one of the LSU assistant coaches is Ben Simmons godfather, right?

Anyone else watching this game? Simmons just makes everything look so easy, in the same way AD does.
    Like the announcers were saying, you just can't defend him. You put a speedy guy on him and he is 6'10 so he can just overpower you. You put a big guy on him and he will drive past you.

My only concern with him is his jumpshot. When you watch a lot of his pre-college stuff he dominates to a point he almost always gets near the rim. that won't happen in the NBA. I would like to see him evolve his jumpshot over this season.

Unlike when I saw Davis take jumpers in college I honestly don't think Simmons is all that pretty.

Like the announcers were saying, you just can't defend him. You put a speedy guy on him and he is 6'10 so he can just overpower you. You put a big guy on him and he will drive past you.

My only concern with him is his jumpshot. When you watch a lot of his pre-college stuff he dominates to a point he almost always gets near the rim. that won't happen in the NBA. I would like to see him evolve his jumpshot over this season.

Unlike when I saw Davis take jumpers in college I honestly don't think Simmons is all that pretty.
    Yea I do like that Simmons plays to his strengths instead of taking dumb shots. It shows his basketball IQ and maturity he's not trying to do things at the expense of his team by being a team player instead of trying to show he can shoot. He deinfitely needs to work on his shot with a little tweaking to his form. He is near elite in just about every other category though so even with his shot he can average 20ppg from the start. I have no doubt with how hard he is said to work that his shot will come with a little time. His passing is so impressive to me and to me is better than Lebrons in terms of how smoothe he is while having some Magic Johnson flair to them. Lebron mite have a better feel of where to pass and creating but Simmons is amazing with his no looks and just the way he dishes it out to people. This kid is going to be a triple double machine. He is a lot like AD in the way he doesn't have to score by having a huge impact on a game but even more so if you ask me because of his ball handling skills. I have no doubt this kid could play center in college if he wanted to he's that special. His body is NBA ready right now with barely any muscle needing to be added to his frame of if any but just a little strength which will naturally come along with filling out. The scary thing is I don't think he is done growing either. If I had a choice to pair any current NBA player or incoming up with AD next year I really think Simmons would be my top choice. His age along with potential for me is something I take over Curry and Durant while also over Lebron who still has quite a few years left but Father time will catch up since he's leaving his prime. With AD only being 22 years old I want someone to be able to grow with him being dominant for the next 10-15 years. If we get him I have no doubt we can win a few chanpionships atleast. He really is a dream fit and the ideal guy if you could build one to pair up with AD especially if he can just be a good shooter.

This kids measureables are off the charts. He measured at 6'10"/240lbs/7'0.25"wingspan/9'.50standing reach with a 37 inch standing very and 41.5 inch max vert. Has the fastest 3/4 court sprint of any player ever recorded in draft express history. This kid is absolutely insane!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-20-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Yea I do like that Simmons plays to his strengths instead of taking dumb shots. It shows his basketball IQ and maturity he's not trying to do things at the expense of his team by being a team player instead of trying to show he can shoot. He deinfitely needs to work on his shot with a little tweaking to his form. He is near elite in just about every other category though so even with his shot he can average 20ppg from the start. I have no doubt with how hard he is said to work that his shot will come with a little time. His passing is so impressive to me and to me is better than Lebrons in terms of how smoothe he is while having some Magic Johnson flair to them. Lebron mite have a better feel of where to pass and creating but Simmons is amazing with his no looks and just the way he dishes it out to people. This kid is going to be a triple double machine. He is a lot like AD in the way he doesn't have to score by having a huge impact on a game but even more so if you ask me because of his ball handling skills. I have no doubt this kid could play center in college if he wanted to he's that special. His body is NBA ready right now with barely any muscle needing to be added to his frame of if any but just a little strength which will naturally come along with filling out. The scary thing is I don't think he is done growing either. If I had a choice to pair any current NBA player or incoming up with AD next year I really think Simmons would be my top choice. His age along with potential for me is something I take over Curry and Durant while also over Lebron who still has quite a few years left but Father time will catch up since he's leaving his prime. With AD only being 22 years old I want someone to be able to grow with him being dominant for the next 10-15 years. If we get him I have no doubt we can win a few chanpionships atleast. He really is a dream fit and the ideal guy if you could build one to pair up with AD especially if he can just be a good shooter.

This kids measureables are off the charts. He measured at 6'10"/240lbs/7'0.25"wingspan/9'.50standing reach with a 37 inch standing very and 41.5 inch max vert. Has the fastest 3/4 court sprint of any player ever recorded in draft express history. This kid is absolutely insane!
    You should be a salesman.

Seriously, the dude is unlike anything I've ever seen in college. He's gotta be the closest thing to Lebron, to come out of college, in my lifetime. I can see the Magic Johnson comparisons as well with his size and passing ability. I've never been so sold on a prospect, so early on in the process. I'm on the tank train. I want Simmons to be a Pelican.

The hype is --- not hype at all. This kid is IT.

So, the only issue is the jumper? By the time he is 23 - 24 it will be more than serviceable.

Nearly as tall, and already weighs close to AD? but man his handle and fluidity are fantastic.

He is also directing the defense and holding his teammates accountable.

FUQ IT - IM ON THE TANK.

Please please please don't let us tank and then get screwed by the ping pongs.

This kid creating and AD cleaning up? haha!

This sounds eerily like LeBron 2.0 right down to the broken jump shot.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Like AD's greatest attribute is his hands, and that will take him to the top? Simmons has amazing lateral quickness and coordination. That could take him even further than AD defensively because Simmons can switch onto anyone. AD can switch because he's a very good athlete with amazing length. Simmons is an amazing athlete with good length.

The world couldn't handle Simmons and AD on one team. Which is why it probably won't happen unless AD misses several months this season.

And with Simmons skill with the basketball, getting a decent jumpshot is merely a matter of time and training.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Like AD's greatest attribute is his hands, and that will take him to the top? Simmons has amazing lateral quickness and coordination. That could take him even further than AD defensively because Simmons can switch onto anyone. AD can switch because he's a very good athlete with amazing length. Simmons is an amazing athlete with good length.

The world couldn't handle Simmons and AD on one team. Which is why it probably won't happen unless AD misses several months this season.

And with Simmons skill with the basketball, getting a decent jumpshot is merely a matter of time and training.
    Not to infer I am wishing injury on anyone but AD is averaging 66 games a season and so far he looks off to a rockier start then seasons past.

My real fear with Simmons is not that we won't be in the mix come lottery time, because we likely will at this rate, but that you just know L.A. is getting that ball.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    His body control and athleticism are off the charts. He will develop his jumper just like LeBron did.

Not to infer I am wishing injury on anyone but AD is averaging 66 games a season and so far he looks off to a rockier start then seasons past.

My real fear with Simmons is not that we won't be in the mix come lottery time, because we likely will at this rate, but that you just know L.A. is getting that ball.
    LA traded their draft pick this year, didn't they? I'm pretty sure Philly owns their pick.

Edit: They traded it in the Nash trade, way back. It is top 3 protected though, so they got a shot a Simmons.

LA traded their draft pick this year, didn't they? I'm pretty sure Philly owns their pick.

Edit: They traded it in the Nash trade, way back. It is top 3 protected though, so they got a shot a Simmons.
    I think it is top 3 protected if I'm not mistaken. Though I could be wrong.

Fake Edit: Yeah I just checked, the Suns own it but it is top 3 protected.

Real Edit: Actually Im not sure how it works http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Lakers.htm Looks like they might actually have a lot of picks.

I think it is top 3 protected if I'm not mistaken. Though I could be wrong.

Fake Edit: Yeah I just checked, the Suns own it but it is top 3 protected.

Real Edit: Actually Im not sure how it works http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Lakers.htm Looks like they might actually have a lot of picks.
    Philly got that pick from Phoenix, in a three way trade. The Bucks sent Knight to Phoenix, Philly sent MCW to Milwaukee and the Suns sent the pick to Philly.

Thread Information