Pelicans Report

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1537

Thread: Free Agency 2015

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I'd say we're a lock for the top 7. After that I'm not sure.

I'm not a huge fan of the Grizzles, but I can't say for sure whether they'll fall off or not. Like Eman said I think this season is about us improving, and how much we do will determine how high we finish more than relying on other teams to decline. I could see anything from 3-7. The safe guess and most likely outcome is 6 or 7, but I'll go with 5.
    You could see us being a 3 seed???
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Not like we don't have a top 5 player in the league, or anything...

we'll finish as a 6th-8th seed IMO.

I mean he gives a range. I'm assuming for us to finish 3rd we'd have to have everything break our way. Meaning a completely healthy team for nearly all the season and possibly a team or two above us having bad injury luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not like we don't have a top 5 player in the league, or anything...
    Ok what is that suppose to mean clippers had two top ten players and was the 3rd seed if I rember correctly

Ok what is that suppose to mean clippers had two top ten players and was the 3rd seed if I rember correctly
    That means that CP3+BG <<<<< AD
    AD is in a category with just Lebron and KD ... they can make you win games with scrubs around. CP3 and BG are good but not that good.

Then let me qualify it better.

It's not like we don't have a very legit MVP candidate or anything.

And we barely made it to the 8th seed... Also the same thing could be said about Westbrook...

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    That means that CP3+BG <<<<< AD
    AD is in a category with just Lebron and KD ... they can make you win games with scrubs around. CP3 and BG are good but not that good.
    Please stop if you don't consider cp3 a superstar than there is no need to continue this argument with you...

Please stop if you don't consider cp3 a superstar than there is no need to continue this argument with you...
    This actually got me thinking of all the top "superstar" players in the league. Guys who can drag a team to .500 nearly by themselves. I can only think of LeBron in the East. The West has Curry, Harden, CP3, Griffin, Durant, Westbrook, Marc Gasol, and our own AD.

The next tier guys would probably be Love, Wall, George, Howard (injuries have hurt him), Bosh, Wade, the Spurs top four, Cousins, Melo. Those guys need just a bit of help.

I didn't think about this too much, so I may have forgotten someone.

e: oh yeah, I forgot some guys on the Heat!
    Last edited by Kibner; 07-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

All-Star
    Ok so we get our 5th big, but lost a potentiel 5th guard, I think Demps has other otpion for this spot, and there are many players who can give you what Seth Curry gives.

And we barely made it to the 8th seed... Also the same thing could be said about Westbrook...
    This team(post QPon/Cole) was 25-16 in the last 41 games(including 18-11 post ASB)

Going by win shares this team would've added 5-6 wins if Cole/QPon/Cunningham were here to start over Rivers/Salmons etc.

Westbrook and the thunder had their chances and they blew it.

I mean we didn't like you said with the trades but I'm sure the same think could be said with katner starting over whomever they had at the time

Hire Jimmy Smith to be the 15th man & play him at C so he learn some b-ball

I mean we didn't like you said with the trades but I'm sure the same think could be said with katner starting over whomever they had at the time

Perk will play the bad guy for the other teams

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    Perk will play the bad guy against the other teams Go Perk show Ad how to be nasty
    Go Big Perk!

Let me rephrase it to you then. I'll take any Lebron+scrubs team above a CP3+scrubs team any day of the week. That's basically what Cleveland was once Irving got injured.
    The only two other players that could get to that level as soon as this season are AD and KD.
    I still consider cp3 to be arguably the top PG in the league (Curry also brings a lot afterall) but he was and never will be at that level.

Of course a CP3 team (like NO arguably used to be) or a team with Westbrook can always do well but not that well.
    That and LAC actually finished 3rd, I don't see how someone considering we could hypothetically finish 3rd in a year where a lot of things go our way is disrespectful to last year's Clippers (who was a team with no bench).

Now if you don't see the distinction fine by me.

ESPN reports Shabazz Napier traded to Magic . Magic giving up conditional draft pick in 2016. Looks like Miami maybe in on the Durant sweepstakes.
    Last edited by 4Real; 07-26-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Let me rephrase it to you then. I'll take any Lebron+scrubs team above a CP3+scrubs team any day of the week. That's basically what Cleveland was once Irving got injured.
    The only two other players that could get to that level as soon as this season are AD and KD.
    I still consider cp3 to be arguably the top PG in the league (Curry also brings a lot afterall) but he was and never will be at that level.

Of course a CP3 team (like NO arguably used to be) or a team with Westbrook can always do well but not that well.
    That and LAC actually finished 3rd, I don't see how someone considering we could hypothetically finish 3rd in a year where a lot of things go our way is disrespectful to last year's Clippers (who was a team with no bench).

Now if you don't see the distinction fine by me.
    KD needed the help of Westbrook and harden to get to the finals.... and ever since then he hasn't been back... So I don't think AD and KD are the only players that can get to the finals

Then why not say it about Westbrook or KD. Never said who we'd be ahead of at any rate.

Anthony Davis, still improving with a higher ceiling than even Westbrook, puts us in rarefied air. A healthy supporting squad? Things could get very interesting.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

KD needed the help of Westbrook and harden to get to the finals.... and ever since then he hasn't been back... So I don't think AD and KD are the only players that can get to the finals
    I did not say that KD was there yet but that people consider that he may be able to as soon as next season. The only one there right now is Lebron.
    Now, you could argue that Lebron would not be able to do it on the West or that Harden was actually meaningless in that playoff campaign (he was actually pretty bad for the Finals and could not step up but if I remember right he did good before). Still it's hard to argue what KD could do "alone" as he has always been with Westbrook in the playoffs.
    To be honest though, I'm not sure "getting to the Final as the only superstar and a mediocre supporting cast" is an objective feasable in the West and one any team will try to get ... and CP3 did do a good job (with a classy all-star right hand man).

Thread Information