Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2015

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I don't also trust the legitimacy

He can't be liking EVERYTHING
    He didn't like the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    The Morris twins were charged with felony assault so I'm assuming no team will go near them until that all gets sorted out.
    Have you read up on that story? Awkward in that Delonte West Gloria James way.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Have you read up on that story? Awkward in that Delonte West Gloria James way.
    Thanks UNO for making me look up the story lol

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    All I remember is that they helped jump a guy, which is pretty despicable. What was awkward about it?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Except that anyone who's paying attention to this team can see that we are actually setting up for that. Yes, that doesn't automatically mean we'll land one, but there's NO point in jumping into this underwhelming market.
    There will be as many as 27 teams with cap space to offer a max deal next summer.

Actually, the time to jump into the market is NOW. A max salary for a guy under this cap, will be a bargain in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    There will be as many as 27 teams with cap space to offer a max deal next summer.

Actually, the time to jump into the market is NOW. A max salary for a guy under this cap, will be a bargain in 2 years.
    That's what I've been thinking , more money for everyone it will be harder to land the star power next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    That's what I've been thinking , more money for everyone it will be harder to land the star power next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know Durant is a pipe dream and just about every team is gunning for him, but he has gone out of his way to praise Davis on more than one occasion. He is a huge basketball fan & I don't think there's a sweeter pitch than playing with AD. He's also shown that he isn't a complete egomaniac like most people with his kind of talent, so who knows. We have to at least put ourselves in a position to have a chance.

I think Harris is worth the max with why guys are getting paid now. You have Milsap and Lopez getting 20 million a year. Harris has potential to be a star and is only 24 years old with the ability to grow with Davis. He also makes Asik very easy to let go because of the versatility he provides us with needing that much less minutes needed from the spot. I think Ajinca and someone like Smith would be very capable of holding it down for the little minutes that would be needed. I'm really hoping for a 3 team deal with a sign and trade of Asik. If the Bucks or Mavericks are interested in Asik I think it is very possible to make something happen.

We have seen what players will do to play with the best and win a championship. See the heat.

It isnt hard to believe that people will want to come here and play with davis at a shot at a championship for 24 mil a year instead of 25 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think Harris is worth the max with why guys are getting paid now. You have Milsap and Lopez getting 20 million a year. Harris has potential to be a star and is only 24 years old with the ability to grow with Davis. He also makes Asik very easy to let go because of the versatility he provides us with needing that much less minutes needed from the spot. I think Ajinca and someone like Smith would be very capable of holding it down for the little minutes that would be needed. I'm really hoping for a 3 team deal with a sign and trade of Asik. If the Bucks or Mavericks are interested in Asik I think it is very possible to make something happen.
    Im hoping for a sign and trade.

Maybe Harris is worth the current max, I won't argue that. Demps can't think like that right now. Next year's free agent class will be far more talented than this one. Wouldn't it make more sense to run this team back, make the playoffs again & let our expiring deals expire? Then we could dump an unsavory contract or two next season & try to max out two higher quality players. I want Harris, but I think the future ceiling could be that much higher if we just exhibit a little patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    Maybe Harris is worth the current max, I won't argue that. Demps can't think like that right now. Next year's free agent class will be far more talented than this one. Wouldn't it make more sense to run this team back, make the playoffs again & let our expiring deals expire? Then we could dump an unsavory contract or two next season & try to max out two higher quality players. I want Harris, but I think the future ceiling could be that much higher if we just exhibit a little patience.
    Why not sign a guy like Harris, and if Durant really wants to be a Pelican you can trade Tobias to create the space. The only move that locks us out of free agency next year is signing the wrong guy to a bad deal this year.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean from what I understand, The suns would have to move Bledsoe or the Morris twins to make it work. To me I still say this is a lateral move. Phoenix becomes the new Portland and Portland becomes last years Phoenix.
    Yea good point. I still don't think PHX with Chandler and Aldridge will be as good as Portland was. Portland had a much better PG along with Mathews and Batum who are both better then what PHX has at those spots. Chandler is a really good player but I don't think he is some massive upgrade over Lopez that it all the sudden makes them crazy good.

Why not sign a guy like Harris, and if Durant really wants to be a Pelican you can trade Tobias to create the space. The only move that locks us out of free agency next year is signing the wrong guy to a bad deal this year.
    Agree 100%

Harris seems kind of redundant if we acquire Durant. I get that Harris could add to our success this season, thus making Durant more likely to consider us, but I'd rather see Dell operate with a buttload of cash next off-season. Not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to acquire Harris, I'm just convincing myself it isn't the right move because I don't see it happening lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We have seen what players will do to play with the best and win a championship. See the heat.

It isnt hard to believe that people will want to come here and play with davis at a shot at a championship for 24 mil a year instead of 25 a year.
    Dell isn't Pat Riley.
    Louisiana has a state income tax.
    AD isn't a finals MVP (yet).

I know Durant is a pipe dream and just about every team is gunning for him, but he has gone out of his way to praise Davis on more than one occasion. He is a huge basketball fan & I don't think there's a sweeter pitch than playing with AD. He's also shown that he isn't a complete egomaniac like most people with his kind of talent, so who knows. We have to at least put ourselves in a position to have a chance.
    Even if we do make a move for someone like Harris we still will have the ability to go after Durant. I think anybody we get we will still have a chance to move them or somebody to make the contract possible.

I think Reke is a very strong possibility now being a part of a sign and trade for Harris. Even Gordon mite be someone that could be moved. I just don't think Dell is done and I think he wants to improve this team now that also has a chance to continue being great while adding some pieces next off season. I think Durant would be amazing and I promise no matter who we get this year Durant will still be a possibility next year. Dell will unload whoever it takes if we get some kind of verbal agreement with Durant that he is all in here.

Harris seems kind of redundant if we acquire Durant. I get that Harris could add to our success this season, thus making Durant more likely to consider us, but I'd rather see Dell operate with a buttload of cash next off-season. Not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to acquire Harris, I'm just convincing myself it isn't the right move because I don't see it happening lol.
    Yea it's still wishful thinking to get Harris but by no means are is it not possible to get him. It would actually be very simple with moves that I guarantee people are willing to take helping us facilitate and sign and trade. If we can get Durant to want us next year then you unload anything you have to making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean from what I understand, The suns would have to move Bledsoe or the Morris twins to make it work. To me I still say this is a lateral move. Phoenix becomes the new Portland and Portland becomes last years Phoenix.
    Yea good point. I still don't think PHX with Chandler and Aldridge will be as good as Portland was. Portland had a much better PG along with Mathews and Batum who are both better then what PHX has at those spots. Chandler is a really good player but I don't think he is some massive upgrade over Lopez that it all the sudden makes them crazy good.

I think Reke is a very strong possibility now being a part of a sign and trade for Harris. Even Gordon mite be someone that could be moved. I just don't think Dell is done and I think he wants to improve this team now that also has a chance to continue being great while adding some pieces next off season. I think Durant would be amazing and I promise no matter who we get this year Durant will still be a possibility next year. Dell will unload whoever it takes if we get some kind of verbal agreement with Durant that he is all in here.
    Honestly didn't consider moving anyone outside of Ryno for him. Not sure that Evans makes any sense for the magic though. I do agree that Dell is smart enough to realize this current roster probably won't win a title next season. I'd be thrilled to see him make a big move, but I'm just tempering my own expectations for now.

RFA Jae Crowder has reached agreement on a five-year, $35 million deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell RealGM.

There goes Chowder

Omer Asik is finalizing a five-year, $60M deal to return to the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Honestly didn't consider moving anyone outside of Ryno for him. Not sure that Evans makes any sense for the magic though. I do agree that Dell is smart enough to realize this current roster probably won't win a title next season. I'd be thrilled to see him make a big move, but I'm just tempering my own expectations for now.
    Yea I mean I'm being realistic what to expect but you can't ever put away that little bit of hope for something to happen until it doesn't. I won't be upset in anyway if we do absolutely nothing because I understand the bigger picture. If something happens though that is icing on the cake and something is very possible to go down. We have some good contracts of quality players that could be moved in a sign and trade. No way I think Reke goes to the Magic but I could definitely see someone else interested in him and instead of sending us a piece or pieces it gets facilitated to the Magic and we get Harris back in return. This team gets so much better this team by subbing out Reke for Harris. The fit is perfect and creates so much more versatility for us making us legit contenders with health this year if you ask me. We will see what happens soon enough though.

Thread Information