Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: A Look at Alvin Gentry's Potential Staff if Hired

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    It does make some sense. If information the team wants to remain confidential starts coming out, they'll start looking for the leaks. I imagine the Pelicans organization may be small enough that it wouldn't be hard to find. Given how no one on any level had been able give much insight on things from the Pelicans side, it sounds like an organization that values it's confidentiality.

Of course, I do agree with you 'saintsinNO' that constantly saying that you have connections, but not breaking anything from those connections comes off a bit like "I know something you don't know" school yard stuff. Adam Shefter has tons of trusted connections inside organizations. Yet you see him sharing names and breaking stories, while continuing to protect his sources.

Stuff Adam Schefter breaks is completely different and most likely known by the higher ups that he has been told. Most of the information he comes out with is stuff that is a day away from being leaked or an hour away and Schefter is respected that they give it to him or very few others to have the stuff leaked how they want it in a respectful way.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Stuff Adam Schefter breaks is completely different and most likely known by the higher ups that he has been told. Most of the information he comes out with is stuff that is a day away from being leaked or an hour away and Schefter is respected that they give it to him or very few others to have the stuff leaked how they want it in a respectful way.
    Fair enough. I have no doubt that McNamara does have at least one source. Would love to know more.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Again, you appear to have an issue with reading comprehension (even when read 50 times). I'm not asking him to "spew out everything" he is told. I'm saying that if he indeed cannot or will not (for the reasons you've listed) divulge any of the information publically, then he should also not constantly publically beat his chest that he has the sources or that he was right about something after the news breaks.

To say you have sources and knowledge before things happen, but can never divulge ANY of it makes him incapable of being shown to be a fraud. If you can't divulge, then keep the chest pounding to yourself as well.

For what it's worth, I don't work for Nola; I'm just a man that likes dealing in fact.

So, again, for the 51st time, would you like to show me where he has ever divulged anything of substance before it came out? You can easily find the chest pounding he does.
    I will say this and then go back to looking at threads that are actually informative and meaningful...... I would be very surprised if Newman's name didn't come up again and I will remember that I heard it first from MM.....oh, and btw, this thread did fall into that category at one time....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I will say this and then go back to looking at threads that are actually informative and meaningful...... I would be very surprised if Newman's name didn't come up again and I will remember that I heard it first from MM.....
    That's great to hear. Please do the same for the other 15 names that he dropped as well, that way he'll always be right. With standards like that, no wonder he's a hit in the breaking news game around here.

Again, you appear to have an issue with reading comprehension (even when read 50 times). I'm not asking him to "spew out everything" he is told. I'm saying that if he indeed cannot or will not (for the reasons you've listed) divulge any of the information publically, then he should also not constantly publically beat his chest that he has the sources or that he was right about something after the news breaks.

To say you have sources and knowledge before things happen, but can never divulge ANY of it makes him incapable of being shown to be a fraud. If you can't divulge, then keep the chest pounding to yourself as well.

For what it's worth, I don't work for Nola; I'm just a man that likes dealing in fact.

So, again, for the 51st time, would you like to show me where he has ever divulged anything of substance before it came out? You can easily find the chest pounding he does.
    Your not asking him to let the information our but are basically bashing everything you can because he doesn't let the information out. I don't think it takes much reading comprehension to see what you are trying to do here and what you are saying. I have messages in my inbox of multiple things of substance before they came out and no I would not like to show you.

Banned
    Your not asking him to let the information our but are basically bashing everything you can because he doesn't let the information out. I don't think it takes much reading comprehension to see what you are trying to do here and what you are saying. I have messages in my inbox of multiple things of substance before they came out and no I would not like to show you.
    Exactly, I deal in fact. Everything that supports what I say is public and readily available...everything that supports your position is private. You are again missing the mark. You all can keep things private, but spare me all the 'I already knews' and 'I told you so's.' Keeping things private and publically bragging does one thing, keeps him insulated from being exposed as a fraud.

"I have a million dollar bank account, but I'm not showing you my bank statement." If that's the case then keep the comment regarding your money to yourself.

And when someone is attacking your reading comprehension and you want to be a smart***, try using the right form of 'you're.' I'm not "trying to do" anything except to deal in facts. You yourself have admitted that the only things of substance he states beforehand are private, which is fine, but then keep the boastful comments private as well.

That's great to hear. Please do the same for the other 15 names that he dropped as well, that way he'll always be right. With standards like that, no wonder he's a hit in the breaking news game around here.
    Serious question, why are you doing this? What possibly do you gain? What does the site (meaning the readers) gain?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Serious question, why are you doing this? What possibly do you gain? What does the site (meaning the readers) gain?
    What is the gain in telling Nola.com the criticisms that were gathered yesterday? Quality.

Maybe if more call him out on this crap he'll stick to what he is actually good at, which is analyzing and writing. He's not scooping anything so why does the board need to be cluttered with that crap and people asking him things he has no access to (or, if you believe him, won't divulge)?

It's ok to like MM and still recognize this crap. I mean the guy literally responded to a question by saying "well there are some old guys and some young guys, get excited." That's what people want to read and invite on this forum? I'd much rather read his firsthand take on his own thoughts on who should be our new staff. People treating him like he is some source of information is only going to further the b*******. This is literally no different than his purpose with Nola.com. He's hypocritical. Sorry, but a guy writing that sort of crap routinely should be called out. I'm sorry to see people here that can't separate support from reality, but that's the simple answer to your questions. I actually feel like I support MM and will continue to read his stuff, but BS is BS, period.
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 06-01-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Of course I would say what? That is was given information a few times that was in fact true? Ok?
    I'm just here for the jokes. Got no personal beef.

But of course you'd say that! #ChosenOne

Exactly, I deal in fact. Everything that supports what I say is public and readily available...everything that supports your position is private. You are again missing the mark. You all can keep things private, but spare me all the 'I already knews' and 'I told you so's.' Keeping things private and publically bragging does one thing, keeps him insulated from being exposed as a fraud.

"I have a million dollar bank account, but I'm not showing you my bank statement." If that's the case then keep the comment regarding your money to yourself.

And when someone is attacking your reading comprehension and you want to be a smart***, try using the right form of 'you're.' I'm not "trying to do" anything except to deal in facts. You yourself have admitted that the only things of substance he states beforehand are private, which is fine, but then keep the boastful comments private as well.
    I have no reason to protect Mac with regards to him being exposed. I know what info I was given and I could care less if someone else believes it or not. Never mentioned it once until you came boasting that he doesn't have any sources but you are wrong and don't want to admit it. Haha I'm typing on a phone but I misused "your" wrong and forgot you were my English teacher. You are wrong on this matter so you have to pick at anything you can. I will test my reading comprehension and English against you any day of the week. If you want to brag about the smarts you have to make you feel superior to others we can solve that pretty quickly. Post our ACT scores for other to judge smart one.

Fine. You guys want one. I'll give you a taste. Research Igor Kokoskov. I doubt it will be a waste of your time.
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Fine. You guys want one. I'll give you a taste. Research Igor Kokoskov. I doubt it will be a waste of your time.

Has good credentials. He's been successful and is a former player so I wouldn't be mad at that hire
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Has ties to Gentry. Got his first NBA coaching job under Gentry with the Clippers in 2000. He only joined Orlando 4 months ago, but with a new staff going there as well and his ties to Gentry, it would make sense.

Banned
    I have no reason to protect Mac with regards to him being exposed. I know what info I was given and I could care less if someone else believes it or not. Never mentioned it once until you came boasting that he doesn't have any sources but you are wrong and don't want to admit it. Haha I'm typing on a phone but I misused "your" wrong and forgot you were my English teacher. You are wrong on this matter so you have to pick at anything you can. I will test my reading comprehension and English against you any day of the week. If you want to brag about the smarts you have to make you feel superior to others we can solve that pretty quickly. Post our ACT scores for other to judge smart one.
    Ha! A high school test? You poor thing.

Also, "boasting" means 'talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities.' How is me talking about MM being full of it boasting?

I'm not wrong, as you are admitting my point. The guy wants to chest pound publically, but wants to withhold (or keep private) anything that can show him to be a fraud. I think that speaks for itself.

Banned
    That'll do. Let's see if this pans out. Seems like a good candidate.

Edit: Nevermind misread timeline. Don't think Skiles will keep him?
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 06-01-2015 at 04:20 PM.

I wouldn't even feed into this guys bs. He obviously has an agenda and is stuck on the repeat button at nauseum.

Banned
    I wouldn't even feed into this guys bs. He obviously has an agenda and is stuck on the repeat button at nauseum.
    I have no agenda, other than what I've stated. And I'm not on repeat, I am simply addressing your posts individually.

Ha! A high school test? You poor thing.

Also, "boasting" means 'talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities.' How is me talking about MM being full of it boasting?

I'm not wrong, as you are admitting my point. The guy wants to chest pound publically, but wants to withhold (or keep private) anything that can show him to be a fraud. I think that speaks for itself.
    A high school test is right. We can take it to another level if you want and I'm fully confident you don't want to. Sad when people like you feel the need to make fun of someone's writing or comprehension to make you feel better when you are wrong. Doesn't hurt my feelings but not everyone is fortunate to have great writing skills or reading comprehension and I don't know how that has anything to do with what we were talking about except you needing to make yourself feel superior to someone because you are wrong and sound like a fool. Boasting also can be exaggerating and that is what you are definitely doing. You are beating your chest with how confident you are that he has no sources and blah blah. Omg
    I think a had a run on sentence and missed a coma or two.. Please correct so I can edit it.. I'm sure it will make you feel better.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-01-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Banned
    A high school test is right. We can take it to another level if you want and I'm fully confident you don't want to. Sad when people like you feel the need to make fun of someone's writing or comprehension to make you feel better when you are wrong. Doesn't hurt my feelings but not everyone is fortunate to have great writing skills or reading comprehension and I don't know how that hs anything to do with what we were talking about except you needing to make yourself feel superior to someone because you are wrong and sound like a fools Boasting also can be exaggerating and that is what you are definitely doing. You are beating your chest with how confident you are that he has no sources and blah blah.
    Not at all. I'm not certain he has no sources. I am 100% confident that everything he has put out publically makes it incapable to prove him wrong (which is, again, my point; what are we up to 56 now?).

What is the breakdown on this guy? Have you heard from anyone what he brings as a coach?

So Igor Kokoskov (like Gentry) is from the Larry Brown coaching tree. So what we are to surmise from this is that they share the same coaching philosophy.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    His name is Igor?

I'm already sold.

Welcome comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    His name is Igor?

I'm already sold.
    *camera cuts out to him developing super soldiers in a russian lab somewhere in siberia*

Thread Information