Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Duncan article,4/12/2015 thoughts?

Pelicans Jeff Duncan article,4/12/2015 thoughts?

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...eans_to_s.html

At tipoff of the New Orleans Pelicans game against the Phoenix Suns Friday night, half of the arena was empty. If New Orleans has caught NBA playoff fever it wasn't evident early at the Smoothie King Center.

Chris Trew was the exception.

The NBA knows it but will not say it out loud- New Orleans is not a basketball city and the Pelicans' Franchise should be moved to Seattle. Hurricane Katrina produced a lot of sympathy for New Orleans and the NBA probably wanted to do what Six Flags did and never come back.

If Major League Baseball ever tried to put a franchise in New Orleans, then MLB would see the same lack of interest/attendance that the NBA sees. Don't think for a second that this is a secret. I talk to fans all the time from other cities that have NBA League Pass and they comment how pitiful Pelicans attendance is. The Box Score might show a huge number, but those empty seats can't be hidden on TV.
    We have some dumb fans

I was at the game. It wasn't crowded at tip, but it filled up quickly. My girlfriend and I go to games quite often and she kept mentioning how impressive the crowd was. The lower and upper bowls were equally filled very nicely. The crowd was also very loud and aware. Ignorant article like usual from Duncan.

With my normal work commute it's a miracle that I get there before tipoff on a weekday game, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
    asdfghjkl;'

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Matrix View Post
    With my normal work commute it's a miracle that I get there before tipoff on a weekday game, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
    Exactly and people are getting food and drinks, too. The lower bowl especially has the club and what not and those are the TV seats. There are people who spend their entire time in that club area.

Duncan needs to go to Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    We have some dumb fans
    more like a dumb journalist. No non-playoff NBA game has the stands full before tip

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    We have some dumb fans
    Says the guy who takes the word of an atrocity of a journalist like it's written in stone.

But they should still move the start back to 7:30. I would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That might keep some families from coming to weekday games on school nights.

I don't go to many games because I have to leave work before 5 just to make it.

I never seen one positive thing Duncan said about the Pelicans.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I was at the game. It wasn't crowded at tip, but it filled up quickly. My girlfriend and I go to games quite often and she kept mentioning how impressive the crowd was. The lower and upper bowls were equally filled very nicely. The crowd was also very loud and aware. Ignorant article like usual from Duncan.
    Duncan probably watched until tipoff. He has almost zero knowledge about the teams in this city. The Arena is almost always half empty at tipoff with people in the club and the late arrivers. This city has always had a late arriving crowd since the Jazz played here. I wouldn't expect Duncan to know that or check back a little later in the game because that would defeat his purpose of trying to be controversial. If you have no knowledge, you try to get attention with controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abitabove View Post
    Duncan needs to go to Seattle
    Truth. With as much as he hates on New Orleans' pro teams, I don't know why he's still a beat writer here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Truth. With as much as he hates on New Orleans' pro teams, I don't know why he's still a beat writer here.
    Because the Times Picayune is quickly becoming a disgusting joke.

Because the Times Picayune is quickly becoming a disgusting joke.
    Which makes Jeff Duncan a perfect writer for them.

I agree. ..the house was definitely packed...Another hack journalist who covers the Pelicans.

Was the game packed at tipoff?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think Duncan came out in support of Rita(Benson saga) too.

They gave the story to Duncan about the move to Gayle.

If we are being honest this is a fairly uneventful season for people not already strong Pelicans fans.

We have been injured, laid some real duds as a team and for most of the season never put together a run that made people stand up and wonder if the team had arrived. Gained that local buzz where people start talking and take notice like with 2007z

To get the stadium filled I think we are going to have to get off to a really hot start next season and maintain it so people take notice.

It took the Cinderella 2006 season to really get saints fans back on board with the franchise and the magical 2007 hornets run for people to really jump on the Hornets bandwagon. Even then it wasn't til late in the season people really started taking notice.

This town loves a winner. Give them that and shows some consistently and you will see the fans grow.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yep. Mavericks home games tip at 7:30 fo rthe same reason we need t move ours to 7:30. Give the fans a chance to get there.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Wait, Jimmy Smith has a son?

Who would sleep with such a hack?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    They gave the story to Duncan about the move to Gayle.
    Who is "they"? The TP? Rita? The Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Who is "they"? The TP? Rita? The Saints?
    Is this a real question?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information