Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Out For At Least Three More Weeks

Jrue Out For At Least Three More Weeks

NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that guard Jrue Holiday aggravated the stress reaction in his lower right leg Monday. He will be re-evaluated in three weeks by the team’s medical staff. A timetable for his return will be announced at a later date as more information is available.

Holiday has missed the previous 16 games with the injury. In 37 games this season, Holiday averaged 15.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 7.1 assists in 33.7 minutes per game. The 6-foot-4 guard holds career averages of 13.7 points, 3.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists in 369 contests.
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/jru...njury-update-1

Well ****

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! This team cannot catch a break. Like I have said, it really is crazy how young our core players are but yet constantly someone is always injured. Never have seen anything like it. Going all the way back to the Tyson Chandler injuries in 09 and Paul injuries. Just incredible!!!!

Jrue Out For At Least Three More Weeks

I give up.

Jrue Holiday with Sixers:
    09-10- 73 games played
    10-11- 82 games played
    11-12- 65 games played
    12-13- 78 games played

NOLA
    13-14- 34 games played
    14-15- 37 out of 53 and counting.

Either we have the worst luck in the NBA or we have the worst medical staff. I'd like to think it's a combination of both.

Considering how often all players get injured i'd say there's some measure of fault in the medical staff. Preventing or whatever, but it just is absurd, when will we have 60 games of all starters HEALTHY?

I mean these last 6 years of injuries has just been incredible!!!. If you go back and look we have had at least 2 of our main core players miss a considerable amount of time since the 08 - 09 season. Have been following this team since the 91 - 92 season and its just weird!! Just like the Oklahoma City game. Just when everything is starting to look good BAM smacked right back down again!!!!

Really would not be surprised if Holiday's season is done!!!

Invest in new smarter trailers and doctors, couldn't hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    Really would not be surprised if Holiday's season is done!!!
    I think this is the most likely outcome, no?

I mean, do any of us really expect the team to clear him in 3 weeks?
    @mcnamara247

We should shut him down and try to make a move for the future. Three weeks will most likely turn to 6 weeks then end of year. Goran is looking pretty good right now. Offer Tyreke and take whatever to make a good trade

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I give up.

Jrue Holiday with Sixers:
    09-10- 73 games played
    10-11- 82 games played
    11-12- 65 games played
    12-13- 78 games played

NOLA
    13-14- 34 games played
    14-15- 37 out of 53 and counting.

Either we have the worst luck in the NBA or we have the worst medical staff. I'd like to think it's a combination of both.
    And don't forget, that 11-12 season was only 66 games, so he only missed one that year. Five total in the three years before he joined us. Was as durable as they come.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Medical issues continue to persist with this organization.

I don't expect the team to clear him. The thing about this injury is that it can take for ever. I played tennis in high school and college and my sophomore year it took me about 4 months to get over this ver same injury in my foot.

Our medical staff is a joke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It requires tons of rest.

If a player produced the results the Pelicans medical staff has over the last 6 years they wouldn't be able to play in the English league

If he DOES come back in 3 weeks... was he pretty much out for almost every game against sub .500 teams this year?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Our medical staff is a joke....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This team is a joke... All new ownership has done is make the team more identifiable as New Orleans own. No small feat considering where this franchise was just a few years ago. Sadly, its gonna take many years before that commitment bleeds over and trickles down to the basketball ops and the product on the floor. It takes a lot of moving parts working in concert to create a contender. We are seeing the effects of that. There is no way that this medical staff is equipped with the knowledge and manpower to consistently keep our players in tip top shape and on the court. The best ability is availability and even accounting for just pure bad luck, there is no way our medical staff is up to par. However, you can not address issues like the medical staff or attract the talent that you need until your entire house is in order. We can use this same analogy to address the deficiencies with our on the court product. We gotta get this house in order. Unfortunately, as fans there is nothing we can do but sit back and wait.

All-Star
    Jrue wil be out of season.

Everyone knows that.

And the Pels will lose the playoffs fight for 4-5 games vs Thunder&Suns.

The only logical explanation I have for this team injury situation is that Eric Gordon is contagious.

Man as a fan this team causes so much heart act. Even with the dumpster fire the Knicks are they fan still have hope for next year with a ton of cap space and a top 5 pick.

The only bright spot we have is AD. Man I hope both Dell and Monty are gone at the end of the year.

No way. It was going on before Gordon got here. Tyson Chandler, Chris Paul, Peja Stojakovic. Been going on for a while

I really hope this doesn't spell the end of Dell as GM. I actually really like what he has done with this team. Is he the best GM? No, but are there any real game-changing candidates out there?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    I really hope this doesn't spell the end of Dell as GM. I actually really like what he has done with this team. Is he the best GM? No, but are there any real game-changing candidates out there?
    And if he had time left on his contract, I could see him staying. But they won't have to fire him - they will just have to not re-sign him and while that seems like semantics, it is very different.

Hard to see him getting a new contract, and it is sad because it would be one thing if his vision failed on the court. But the bad luck is just something else entirely

He aggravated the injury... that means he was probably ready to play, but had a setback.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Having Jrue hurt for longer than expected shouldn't directly affect Dell's status. If the team goes into a tailspin without him, then maybe you're right. Like others have mentioned, we should be looking long and hard at our medical staff. After a while, this can't be attributed to luck only.

Thread Information