Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Clippers 12/06/14

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why is Cunningham shooting from so far out all the time? He must not be able to dribble like talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    At least we don't have that Omri Casspi Guy, and his wild political beliefs stinking it up on the court.
    was there any source to even back that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You can be a defensive player that can atleast be a threat on pick and roll. Just look at Deandre Jordan.
    And look how much he is about to get paid.

Ah, just a 20 pt loss.

Does anyone know what we have lost games by on this west coast trip? Our we losing by 21ppg? Or is it more?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Tyreke 13-6-4 in only 24 minutes with ZERO turnovers. Garbage.
    For most of the game, absolutely. Poor decision making throughout the game, got Davis in early foul trouble, kept losing Reddick in the first quarter and then Barnes in the second half.

Look beyond the stats, he had a poor game with good basic stats. 1-4 from 3. At least two of those were awful attempts. Fell in love with his jumper, forced the issue. Went 5-13.

I mean are people just watching the box score of these games and not the action on the court?
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-06-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Gordon has proven to be a pretty big injury issue.
    Enough for us to lose these games? No sir.

Enough for us to lose these games? No sir.
    The offense immediately went to **** and the defense got even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    was there any source to even back that up?
    Probably from the same source that says AD will be unhappy if we fire Monty.

The source being Monty.

And look how much he is about to get paid.
    I would gladly pay 1-3M more a year for Jordan instead of asik. It doesn't matter because as long as Gordon is on the team and not playing we are a bottom 10 team in the league.

I hate saying that Gordon is that important. It's so annoying.

The offense immediately went to **** and the defense got even worse.
    For the last 2 years we have been *****ing and moaning trying to get rid of him, now he is keeping us afloat?

Move over KD, Gordon is the real MVP.

Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Clippers 12/06/14

The biggest let down of this season other than our record?

JRUE HOLIDAY. Save for one or two games, he has been ridiculously hesitant and unimpressive. I can name 10 point guards better than him. Wow. He is so inconsistent, lacks PG leadership and has extreme tunnel vision. Tired of it.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 12-06-2014 at 11:56 PM.

For the last 2 years we have been *****ing and moaning trying to get rid of him, now he is keeping us afloat?

I was trying to get some reverse psychology mojo going when I even hinted at him being worth keeping.

But no. He was defending well, but nowhere near what I thought he'd be when we traded for him. No matter.

He's on the mend with a busted shoulder. Can't help us. Gotta forge on and whatnot.

Lets no be extreme to try and disprove a valid point. Gordon did a lot of good for this team while he was healthy this year. Great off the ball, good decision-making for the most point, unselfish play, decent distributor, tenacious defender, willing passer. Got off to a rocky start and was on a crazy hot streak before his injury. The one knock on him to start the season was his shots weren't falling. Once they did what was there really to criticize on the court, given the role he was asked to play?

Gordon has managed to be a multimillionaire while playing less than half of our games since he came to NO. He's done nothing but cost this team money and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    The biggest let down of this season other than our record?

JRUE HOLIDAY. Save for one or two games, he has been ridiculously hesitant and unimpressive. I can name 10 point guards better than him. Wow. He is so inconsistent, lacks PG leadership and has extreme tunnel vision. Tired of it.
    Have to wonder if our guards troubles are player limitations or coaching limitations? Either way if this ship doesnt get righted soon I can't imagine that Benson retains either Demps or Monty after this season at this rate. For a guy so clearly on the "win now" bandwagon I can't see him standing for more losses like this.

I think Jrue is just above average Point guard. He doesnt have great playmaking instincts or the killer scorer mentality of a Lillard. Seems like he should be better

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Lets no be extreme to try and disprove a valid point. Gordon did a lot of good for this team while he was healthy this year. Great off the ball, good decision-making for the most point, unselfish play, decent distributor, tenacious defender, willing passer. Got off to a rocky start and was on a crazy hot streak before his injury. The one knock on him to start the season was his shots weren't falling. Once they did what was there really to criticize on the court, given the role he was asked to play?
    Sure, but that isn't winning you this game, or the game the night before. He might make those losses maybe 12 or 15 pt losses, but he isn't a deciding factor. This team is just lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Gordon has managed to be a multimillionaire while playing less than half of our games since he came to NO. He's done nothing but cost this team money and wins.
    There is not a single Pelicans fan that doesnt want him gone or to go back in time and let him walk but that doesnt dismiss that this team is better with him healthy and he was a positive player for us this season.

From a GM perspective he costs us games. From a in-season team perspective he is a positive asset that this team can't seem to get over losing.

Mekel is averaging like 20 apg per 36. goat

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I think Jrue is just above average Point guard. He doesnt have great playmaking instincts or the killer scorer mentality of a Lillard. Seems like he should be better
    Talent wise? Yes. But this year? No. He's not. He's average. Average guards contribute more than he does. See Greivis Vasquez 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Have to wonder if our guards troubles are player limitations or coaching limitations? Either way if this ship doesnt get righted soon I can't imagine that Benson retains either Demps or Monty after this season at this rate. For a guy so clearly on the "win now" bandwagon I can't see him standing for more losses like this.
    If we don't see improvement, and those two stay, my faith in Benson as a competent NBA owner will fall off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Tyreke 13-6-4 in only 24 minutes with ZERO turnovers. Garbage.
    This doesn't tell much of the story. He has the ball in hands so often (as it should be) and has a lot of responsibility to make good decisions that set himself or teammates up to score. He has assumed the role of our playmaker and too often he makes the obvious mistake, whether it be over penetrating, taking forced shots, missing open men... Whatever.
    Don't get me wrong, he is extremely talented and can seem to make anything on the basketball court work (except maybe a consistent jump shot, which is fine), and will have games where everything seems to work and Tyreke is the man. But can he be the guy that can consistenty play to his and his teammates strengths? Can he be the guy that can provide useful and even beneficial on an off shooting night and make the team better? This is what we need from him and I don't think he is capable of it. ...and his defense is nothing to ride home about.

But those per 36...

Sure, but that isn't winning you this game, or the game the night before. He might make those losses maybe 12 or 15 pt losses, but he isn't a deciding factor. This team is just lost.
    I think Gordon on Redick and Evans on Barnes could have been a huge difference maker early in this game. Gordon doesnt get beaten like a schoolgirl that quarter like Evans and Babbitt did if he was playing and healthy. Salmons doesnt even see the floor.

I think it is Monty who is lost. He had his rotations down to a science to start the season and they worked and made sense. But after Gordon has gone down he hasn't been able to figure anything out to re-jigger the offense and rotations to maintain offensive effectiveness and slow the bleeding from the bench. He just seems too overwhelmed with all the variables that aren't operating optimally. He was ok when one or two players were underperforming and it was a quick lineup switch but now that the team is struggling as a whole he seems to be lost on what to do.

Its not exactly a new theme with Monty either. It was one of the biggest criticisms coming into the season.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-07-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Talent wise? Yes. But this year? No. He's not. He's average. Average guards contribute more than he does. See Greivis Vasquez 2012-2013
    You're really gonna just throw Vasquez out there? So in this criticism, defense doesn't exist now?

I mean, name a better or equally good on-ball defender at PG...

What I liked about Greivis was he was so cocky, he wanted to be the man but still played within himself. But no I definitely wouldn't take him over Jrue

Thread Information