Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Clippers 12/06/14

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    This team has stretches on offense and defense where it looks like we have no plan whatsoever. We seem to have more breaksdowns than just about anyone else in the league.
    agreed, looks like street ball.

From contender to pretender. The story of the 2014-2015 Pelicans. I'm not reving up the tank, but I am getting the oil checked on the "Fire Monty" bandwagon.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

win is the most important thing in the NBA

friendship?? what's that???

give me a win, i'll call you dad.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    From contender to pretender. The story of the 2014-2015 Pelicans. I'm not reving up the tank, but I am getting the oil checked on the "Fire Monty" bandwagon.
    *looks at avatar text*

I didn't think you ever turned off the ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    You need to watch more teams, then.
    I don't think so.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    So was Mark Jackson and steph and he's not losing sleep, I bet once he starts winning more he'll forget who that last guy was.
    Exactly. AD's feelings are secondary to the team's success. And, frankly, I think Monty has taken our team as far as he can take it. If we could get Monty Williams with 10 more years of coaching experience? We'd like him better. But right now we need a guy who has been there.

Hell, I wonder what would happen if our assistants got a shot at coaching. Mike Malone is doing well in Sac-Town, isn't he?

Contender? If I had to bet I'd say we finish 9th-11th, but I'm not ruling out the playoffs yet

wonder why we haven't drawn up 3s for babbitt this half, he was on fire first half...?

Another L.

We can't even win "Friendship Titles". Nobody wants to be friends with losers.

Secret to good defense for the Pels:

Make sure Asik, Jrue, and Davis are in and keep Babbitt and Jimmer off the court.

Monty has been here 5 years and you still can't tell me what his coaching identity is on the defensive and offensive end.

1-6

AD probably would be mad if we fired Monty. But that madness wouldn't last very long if the next guy we brought in was a winner. Monty is a loser. AD loves a loser coach. Monty isn't good.
    This is literally the only strong answer I hear form Monty defenders. And yes, its a risk, but Davis would be leaving so much money on the table if he tries to leave after his first contract. He could demand a trade, sure, but he doesnt seem like the type. The key is bringing in a guy who can get us wins. Winning cures all. Losing will eventually burn any good relationship.

why can't we just be in the east?

Monty has been here 5 years and you still can't tell me what his coaching identity is on the defensive and offensive end.
    i know it's terrible.

26 points for ad on only 14 shots.. geez man smh
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

much respect to babbitt for that D on crawford right there!!!

Couldn't give you a player identity, either.

Why have we only gone to AD in garbage time?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Contender? If I had to bet I'd say we finish 9th-11th, but I'm not ruling out the playoffs yet
    Coming into the season the expectation was playoffs, with many saying #6-#8 seed. I find that hard to get to from where we stand.

AD with 26 in only 30 minutes lol

If we don't make the playoffs this year Monty will be gone though, u can count on that. Too much win now to keep a coach who's had like 4 consecutive losing seasons.

Love that Toyota chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Secret to good defense for the Pels:

Make sure Asik, Jrue, and Davis are in and keep Babbitt and Jimmer off the court.
    If we were more efficient on offense that would tremendously help out our defense. We take bad shots and our defense completely gets our go balance. Babbit is a bad defender but we need his 3 point shooting , therefore he needs to play.

Sit AD. No need to keep up appearances, this game is lost.

Thread Information