Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Clippers 12/06/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I'm mainly talking about poor positioning and timing on jumps (he shouldn't jump).
    Yeah he shouldnt jump, but man CP3 makes it so easy for Blake.

Obviously Paul is a great PG... but only since watching Jrue have i really started to respect CP3's ability to find team mates

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I like the new backups. Both show confidence and I think it will make the teammates trust each other more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Look at that rebound differential.
    They only have 3 players with rebounds wtf

Quote Originally Posted by SharlieCheen View Post
    its official, Mekel is the second coming of Jesus
    Right? Obviously his presence got us back into this game. P.S. that sig is priceless, lol. Austin Rivers all 'pshh' and offended by it, haha.

ok so ad and jrue only got 16 minutes in the first half and tyreke and asik only 13.

be ready for them to get extended minutes in the 2nd.

clippers arent gonna shoot 70% from 3 again this half. Gonna be a different 2nd half.

Babbit vs Redick

Quote Originally Posted by ADisreal View Post
    Yeah he shouldnt jump, but man CP3 makes it so easy for Blake.

Obviously Paul is a great PG... but only since watching Jrue have i really started to respect CP3's ability to find team mates
    Blake is doing a good job with baiting AD into fouls. His success is solely due to set plays and AD being caught out of position.

The GOAT

1-6

Also, just realized that Mekel has 3 assists in 3 minutes!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Heard the best comparison of the AD-Griffin battle.

Early Chris Paul-Deron Williams. Remember how Paul would never beat Williams in head to head? Williams was bigger, stronger and just used his bulk to get Paul where he couldn't do anything. But it was clear to all that Chris Paul was the better player, more skilled, versatile?

Exactly what's happening here. Griffin isn't better than AD, he's just bulkier and crazy athletic. AD can beat Griffin in game of pure skill, but it's hard to overcome physics.

Austin needs to play the 2 and Ryno needs to continue running off those screens and catching & shooting. He is a deadily shooter when he is catching the ball off the pass rhythm. He is not so good when he is just turning around and heaving the ball towared the rim. Austin is just better on the wing and off the ball . He is more effective and aggressive when he doesn't have to bring the ball up and setup the offense.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The Clips have good enough shooters to bust the zone.
    Just to re-visit this.

Depends on the zone you run. But its a fair point.

1.) the first three given up was on Evans. Lost Reddick on a screen. The next possession went out of bounds. Then the possession starts with EVANS ON BARNES. They didn't just run switches, Evans followed Barnes down the court. That was his initial assignment. Babbitt's first foul was a smart one. He grabbed Griffin after a offensive rebound after a Davis block. Next possession Evans grabs Reddick to prevent himself getting lost on a screen.

Then Evans again begins the possession on Barnes. No Clippers switch. Babbitt can't keep up.

Next possession again starts with Evans on Barnes. No switches needed. the following possession same thing. Babbitt closes out and contests Reddicks shot that time though. Babbitt gets rebound. Next possession happens after a bonehead Evans layup, Babbitt commits second foul on break, smart foul, gets pulled.

The stuff you all were spewing doesnt stand up to what I just re-watched. Babbitt shouldn't of been pulled. Evans shouldn't of been on Barnes. It was poor coaching, plain and simple. Evans gave up two plays to Reddick and then switched to Barnes. After that Reddicck continued to take advantage. Be thankful that our second unit stepped up and the Clips dropped an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Also, just realized that Mekel has 3 assists in 3 minutes!
    I could tell from guys highlights he was going to be da GOAT PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Early Chris Paul-Deron Williams. Remember how Paul would never beat Williams in head to head? Williams was bigger, stronger and just used his bulk to get Paul where he couldn't do anything. But it was clear to all that Chris Paul was the better player, more skilled, versatile?

Exactly what's happening here. Griffin isn't better than AD, he's just bulkier and crazy athletic. AD can beat Griffin in game of pure skill, but it's hard to overcome physics.
    good point, like i said griffin is bout to be 26 and davis is only 21. right now blake is too strong. But please ask any GM to ever live if they would trade AD for griffin lol.

I know that this will never happen, but if we could get our hands on Tim Hardaway (NYK), we would have our offense in a can/ Jamal Crawford.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yes look at Austin with 3rebs and 3asts in that first half. Crazy. Mekel needs a few more minutes in the 2nd so we can play Rivers off ball.

I went to a handful of those games (when I lived in Utah). To this day you can't tell those people CP3 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Just to re-visit this.

1.) the first three given up was on Evans. Lost Reddick on a screen. The next possession went out of bounds. Then the possession starts with EVANS ON BARNES. They didn't just run switches, Evans followed Barnes down the court. That was his initial assignment. Babbitt's first foul was a smart one. He grabbed Griffin after a offensive rebound after a Davis block. Next possession Evans grabs Reddick to prevent himself getting lost on a screen.

Then Evans again begins the possession on Barnes. No Clippers switch. Babbitt can't keep up.

Next possession again starts with Evans on Barnes. No switches needed. the following possession same thing. Babbitt closes out and contests Reddicks shot that time though. Babbitt gets rebound. Next possession happens after a bonehead Evans layup, Babbitt commits second foul on break, smart foul, gets pulled.

The stuff you all were spewing doesnt stand up to what I just re-watched. Babbitt shouldn't of been pulled. Evans shouldn't of been on Barnes. It was poor coaching, plain and simple. Evans gave up two plays to Reddick and then switched to Barnes. After that Reddicck continued to take advantage. Be thankful that our second unit stepped up and the Clips dropped an egg.
    Honestly, sounds like the clips are doing a good job of losing defenders on screens. It's up to Monty, not the players, to adjust (as you mentioned).

Also, Tyreke seems to have settled down somewhat. I like the patience and assist #s we're seeing from our lead guards

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I know that this will never happen, but if we could get our hands on Tim Hardaway (NYK), we would have our offense in a can/ Jamal Crawford.
    yup thats why i like the rynof or shump and hardaway trade, we get a starting SF and a bench player.

2nd unit

mekel
    rivers
    cunningham
    ryno
    ajinca

The same analogy has been made regarding AD and Cousins. And yes, I know they don't play the same position

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Just to re-visit this.

Good on you to take a second look.

I have a hefty bias against Babbitt. Whenever I can stand to focus on watching him play defense, I end up shaking my head in disappointment early and often.

I already am happy with Cunningham over Miller. Him being able to grab a rebound and make even the slightest of impact without the ball is a huge upgrade.

D Green just dropped 31 against Bulls.

He ain't coming cheap guys.

Thread Information