Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

I would love to get Kirilenko, I have the feeling he could be a great fit with this group

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    first of all, I really enjoy all of your articles, MM, but speculation ones like this are especially fun for me.... I know you do your research before you open your mouth, so I have a couple of questions for you.... let me start by saying that I brought up Middleton's name a long time ago, and that I haven't changed my mind, primarily because of both his youth and his offensive skillset..... with that said, just how shaky is his defense and is it something that could be "covered up" more easily here than it has been in Milwaukee? Personally, I would like to join the "heartbeat" squad for the Rivers etc./Middleton and Dudley notion.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I don't think Middleton's defense is awful - but Kidd has made some comments and it looks like he thinks it is. I think it is better than Babbitt's on the wing, and I like he better offensively too. So, its an eye of the beholder thing. The Bucks have a lot of young wings and perhaps Middleton is being asked to do too much as a 30 mpg starter. As a 17 mpg backup, I don't think it is as big of an issue.
    @mcnamara247

That was a very good article, and well thought out. I personally would like to attain Khris Middelton, Sonny Weems, and James Anderson.

In my post i meant either Middelton, Weems, or Anderson not all three...lol

Weems intrigues me too. If he really has gotten the three-point shot down, he could make an impact.

It looks like the Cavs and Rockets are going after Corey Brewer.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I like going overseas. Less moving parts, our lack of assets become a non factor. It's simply an issue of money. If we are winning 3 out of every 5 games I can see Dell convincing management to ante up.

It's simply an issue of money.
    We also would have to cut somebody. It will be interesting to see who they choose. Cut Miller/Babbit, or try and get a 2nd for someone like Withey?

Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    We also would have to cut somebody. It will be interesting to see who they choose. Cut Miller/Babbit, or try and get a 2nd for someone like Withey?
    It'd have to be one of the SFs they are replacing or yes, trying to move a player for a pick.

I

2nd round picks were given up last year for players like Evan Turner. I don't think we could get a 4th round pick in the NHL draft for Withey

Lance Thomas is leading all scores with 15 points for OKC against the Rockets at 3 quarter time.
    Why did we ever let him go?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lance Thomas is leading all scores with 15 points for OKC against the Rockets at 3 quarter time.
    Why did we ever let him go?? LOL
    This year's Xavier Henry

MM,

What do you think the chances Denver blow it all up next season and don’t pick up Chandler’s team option?
    Do you think he would be a player that would fit well into the Pel’s starting 5?

Surprised you didn't put Mo Harkless in this piece. Is he attainable still in your opinion?

MM,

What do you think the chances Denver blow it all up next season and don’t pick up Chandler’s team option?
    Do you think he would be a player that would fit well into the Pel’s starting 5?
    Chances they blow it up? 100%.

I don't think Chandler is on the team by the end of the season and I would say its 50/50 whether the team he is on picks up his option. He would be a decent fit, but not ideal. Average 3-pt shooter, rebounder, and defender. Doesn't do anything at an above average level. Give me Carroll or any of the Green's instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Surprised you didn't put Mo Harkless in this piece. Is he attainable still in your opinion?
    There really aren't any guys on this list with upside or high production, and there is a reason for that - We don't have any assets of any value. If this was a list of guys I hope we can get, it would look much different. I would like Harkless, but when I think of picking up the phone and calling Orlando, what could I possibly offer them?

If they wanted to move Harkless, they could get more than anything we could give up.

Can we get Anthony Morrow back..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    My opinion is whoever we get for a starting SF significantly good defense would be most important to me. A 3 point shot and good IQ are second. Defense is so important when you have Carmelo, Lebron, KD, and swingmen like Harden, Lance Stephenson, Paul George.

Who is the best SF for defense?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    My opinion is whoever we get for a starting SF significantly good defense would be most important to me. A 3 point shot and good IQ are second. Defense is so important when you have Carmelo, Lebron, KD, and swingmen like Harden, Lance Stephenson, Paul George.

Who is the best SF for defense?
    in the entire NBA or who will be a free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    in the entire NBA or who will be a free agent?
    Both

Both
    well u have people like lebron, paul george, MKG

free agents u got kawhi leonard, jimmy butler, draymond green

I wouldn't mind Chris Copeland. He is a good shooter and can back down smaller SF also. He has had some amazing games in the past. I think his biggest problem is being pushed in practice. He doesn't seem to be progressing like you think he would. For a guy who put up 32 points as a career high I would think he would be more reliable. I think if brought here Monty and the guys would push him a lot more in practice because we truly expect our all of our players to step up in the time of need. But with all that being said I wouldn't want him to start in place of Evans due to his slow feet. Until that improves he will stay coming off the bench for this team.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Dell + Dell's history = Sonny Weems

Did the math.

Don't forget, he was talking to Joe Ingles before he got signed. Dell loves international possibilities/cheap contracts/gathering assets.

only thing about sonny weems i remember was that he is an athletic freak. Can he shoot now?

Thread Information