Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (3-2) vs. Cavaliers (2-3)

I do have to say that Monty has improved in strides from last year. And besides a couple of things. I have zero complaints with how he handle that game. Only wish he would start calling out the refs for garbage like that.

These sorts of games make me miss CP3, he would get you quality looks in crunch time (had a few brain farts by our guards in the 4th), and he would also get some superstar calls that would even it up a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Over the next ten games( up to the thunder game) I can definitely see us going 9-1 or 8-2 (at Portland) is the only game I really see us losing.
    This is a very good team and once Eric Gordon gets back to atleast 80% of the player he once was than we will be very difficult to stop. IMO if our guards ever figure it out we will only be a few solid bench peices away from a surprise contender in the west.
    I see a schedule that won't quit.

@Portland, @Sacramento b2b= tough
    @Utah, @Denver (altitude b2b) = tough
    @Atlanta, @Washington b2b = tough

Go .500 is all I ask right now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Why in the world didn't Ajinca at least play against a small team like the Cavs?
    Did you really want to see even more free throws?

Utah and Denver are awful.. Washington is the most overrated team in basketball and without Beal they are very very beatable ( see what a great raptors team did to them), atlanta is mediocre.

Over the last two weeks we have played 4 of the best 5 teams in bball(gsw being only exception IMO) and although we only came out 1-3 in those games all of them were there for the taking despite some really bad guard play.. I still think this team is much better than many people think and I see this team as being one of those teams that is just beats up on the bad and mediocre teams. We just don't have a) the depth, b) the mental toughness and c) the experience to be a great team right now that is up there with the 5 teams I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Jimmer would beat the brakes off of Lebron.
    I second this. Jimmer played ball in prison. While Akron might look like a prison (or something out of Mad Max) it is no prison.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Seems Waiters being hurt might have aided Cavs victory tonight. Looks like Cleveland went with a playoff rotation (Love/James/Irving all 40 minutes). Monty stuck to the usual script outside of AD.

Hey atleast they got the confetti out like they just won the chip lmao now that pathetic and you needed 30 and 30 and 10 more free throws to beat us yeeea you aren't that good get the hell outta here it's crazy how last year the cavs would'nt of cotten is half the calls they did and yet boom there they are #5on8andstillcouldofwon

Cavs big three combined for 86 points and 61 of their 67 2nd half points..sometimes it's just too good

Think 4-2 is realistic

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Feel free to save it for anytime you fall into sympathizing with the media narrative about Lebron James:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264h...P_r1ZHJ..9zVRA
    I remember that play... and late in the game he ran over EG (I think) and scored. No charge call. It was friggin ridiculous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Man. We gotta stagger one of Gordon/Reke/Jrue and give Austin more minutes until Jimmer shows ANYTHING. Hopefully he gets them to start falling but right now he doesn't look like he deserves a minute.
    Jimmer shot 50% and played well. We let the Cavs shoot 50% as a team. I don't think Kyrie and lebron would have scored anymore no matter who was taking him.

We can't ecpect Anderson to shoot like that every game.
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 11-11-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I remember that play... and late in the game he ran over EG (I think) and scored. No charge call. It was friggin ridiculous.
    On espn.com the highlights show the dunk where LBJ pushes off (right before dunking) and they even say "King James gets away with possibly a push off." Yet they still call it a highlight.

Wth?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    On espn.com the highlights show the dunk where LBJ pushes off (right before dunking) and they even say "King James gets away with possibly a push off." Yet they still call it a highlight.

Wth?
    Its ESPN... I expect nothing less.

I say Sacramento, Utah, Denver, Atlanta and Washington should be wins.
    Sacramento will come back to earth after their great start, Utah and Denver are off to horrid starts and Washington have had the easiest start to a schedule ever.

Wth?
    Well its a highlight of the **** Lebron gets away with, I'll give it to them.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    You know something's wrong with Eric Gordon is shooting a higher % form 3 than Jimmer at 19%. Needs to get out of this funk. Really can use 3pt shooting off the bench when Ryno has off nights.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You know something's wrong with Eric Gordon is shooting a higher % form 3 than Jimmer at 19%. Needs to get out of this funk. Really can use 3pt shooting off the bench when Ryno has off nights.
    He is open a lot on drives but they don't or won't look for him. They don't seem to like him from the reaction on the bench. Jrue avoided shaking his hand. Make him part of a trade to another team if they don't like him.

I did see Anderson say good pass to him. I like that he can shoot off the dribble I guess.

Still think we should let him work with Davis more before D gets subbed out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Utah and Denver are awful.. Washington is the most overrated team in basketball and without Beal they are very very beatable ( see what a great raptors team did to them), atlanta is mediocre.

Over the last two weeks we have played 4 of the best 5 teams in bball(gsw being only exception IMO) and although we only came out 1-3 in those games all of them were there for the taking despite some really bad guard play.. I still think this team is much better than many people think and I see this team as being one of those teams that is just beats up on the bad and mediocre teams. We just don't have a) the depth, b) the mental toughness and c) the experience to be a great team right now that is up there with the 5 teams I mentioned.
    If we can stay focused AND Healthy we should do better than 500

hahahaha I love it

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    He is open a lot on drives but they don't or won't look for him. They don't seem to like him from the reaction on the bench. Jrue avoided shaking his hand. Make him part of a trade to another team if they don't like him.

I did see Anderson say good pass to him. I like that he can shoot off the dribble I guess.

Yep this is it exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post

Of course. Jimmer playing bad, must be the other players on the team causing it. They prob think the guy is fine but hate his fans like all of us here.

What is up with Reke and him finishing?

1-6

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Sooooooo Ryan Anderson bought his season 3pt percentage up to 42.5% in one game...lol

Thread Information