Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SICK OF WATCHING RIVERS

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    The crazies are really ramping up lately huh? Almost makes me missed the days when our team sucked and we had to argue the minute details of Gravy's upside on Hornets247.
    Yeah, it is totally crazy to say that Jimmer is better than Rivers

Monty can be questioned (he's not Pops or Phil...or even a Van Gundy).
    Up to this point Rivers has been a bust (who is defending him not being a bust?).
    Up to this point Jimmer has been a bust as well (can't debate that either).
    Our rotations are still being worked out (we wont know our rotations for some time).
    You can be a fan of another team and feel welcome here. Your opinion counts as much as the next persons.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    I think I understand it. My opinion doesn't count because I don't cheer for the Pels to win......
    No. Your opinion doesn't count because you are just spouting non truths to try to call for a switch at the backup guard.

At least when I argue with other people here I know we both want what's best for the team. Believe what you will. You are irrelevant to me from this point forward.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys Rivers is not in the pelicans plans. Jimmer gets one chance here. No more.

I think we will trade Rivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how many conversations we have here about Rivers vs Jimmer. although their overall impact is negligable people will stop to no end to argue one over the other. Personally I think Rivers is a better overall player and a better overall fit than Jimmer. It doesn't mean I am Pro-Rivers or Anti-Jimmer. I'm relieved to see fans of other teams post on here because I think a lot of Pels fans are over optimistic towards the team. But lately people are really suspending logic to try and argue what they want to happen rather than what they think will happen. There is a big difference and I guess we're in the early part of the year which is the best time to do that but dang, some people have really lost it this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Can we trade fredette already? No? Not possible? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Yeah, it is totally crazy to say that Jimmer is better than Rivers
    Not crazy, but not necessarily right either. In any case if you know how Monty thinks, you'd understand that he values defence, and since rivers has the better reputation in that regard, and is also generally noted as being the better ball handler, he gets more minutes.

Jimmer might be better than Rivers, he also might be worse than Rivers. The issue here is that you can't argue that one is much better than the other, so it'll come down to the smaller details and the coach's strategy, which is not that unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think they're both D+ players at best and Rivers can handle the ball a little better which is why he logs more backup pg mins.
    I love how many conversations we have here about Rivers vs Jimmer. although their overall impact is negligable people will stop to no end to argue one over the other. Personally I think Rivers is a better overall player and a better overall fit than Jimmer. It doesn't mean I am Pro-Rivers or Anti-Jimmer. I'm relieved to see fans of other teams post on here because I think a lot of Pels fans are over optimistic towards the team. But lately people are really suspending logic to try and argue what they want to happen rather than what they think will happen. There is a big difference and I guess we're in the early part of the year which is the best time to do that but dang, some people have really lost it this year.
    What's funny is, i got called out for not giving a good response; then i give one and he's got no counter. Because there isn't a counter; they both arent that good; and its like comparing cow poop to bull poop; who cares?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Now, cow poop stinks more

Banned
    It will be interesting to see what the coach does. In my boredom while my puppy sleeps I looked up Jimmer vs. Grizzlies and he has had some pretty good games against them it seems. I wonder if coaching Will come in to the decisions. We shall see. I think they both aren't crap by the way...they just can't do everything. That is why they are bench players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Now, cow poop stinks more
    <3

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    The crazies are really ramping up lately huh? Almost makes me missed the days when our team sucked and we had to argue the minute details of Gravy's upside on Hornets247.
    You have to watch how to use the word above. My post was edited when I said that.

I wonder how many blazers fans are blood-thirsty about the Freeland/Leonard 4th big battle.
    I wonder how many Bulls fans were broken up about whether Aaron Brooks can make up for the Augustin loss.
    Think the Spurs are any less a playoff contender because Corey Joseph is worse than Patty Mills?

Both Rivers and Fredette are below-average NBA bench players. IMO Rivers is significantly better within that confine, but their production is more-or-less irrelevant to our success. We have a 3 guard rotation that'll eat up almost all of the guard minutes. If Monty keeps stealing SF minutes with Ryan, it's even more irrelevant.

jrue is a great defender, but he lacks elite speed/quickness. that is where i feel like rivers excels. i feel most comfortable if he is out there on the montas & eric bledsoes of the league. he made some dumb plays when he looked for his own shot against dallas but as a facilitator and defender he was great IMO

Banned
    I actually thought he looked decent.

I don't get the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    I actually thought he looked decent.

I don't get the negativity.
    That's a great way to get yourself kicked out of the Jimmer Club house. Better weigh your next comment very carefully. . .they're everywhere!!!

Banned
    He was so weak with the ball when it really mattered. It's like the pressure (mental) gets to him more than the physical. He has to have better handles than that game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Up to this point Rivers has been a bust (who is defending him not being a bust?).
    Rivers is not a bust. He just came out of college too early.

Sick of seeing post like this about Rivers. Guy is improving and has turned into a solid player that only has room to grow more. Some people in this fan base are jokes and have no support for any of our players. Someone has a bad game and all you hear is trade him. Look at a guy like Danny Green for example and to me Rivers has all the ability to be a shooter like him but an even better player. If he keeps working and improving sky is the limit for him.

Go back to that wagon.... And jump off!!!

In all fairness, whenever telling people chill it's just one bad game. . .

The same applies the other way. Chill it's one good game. Now let's see if he can first have a complete game, then chain a couple together.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Rivers is not a bust. He just came out of college too early.
    Nope.

He's making dem floaters now.

Next game v Spurs gulp.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Nope.
    Yup. Rivers was essentially a college kid amongst pros but he's NBA ready now. If the team keeps developing chemistry he's gonna do well as the first guard off the bench.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    I had enough, trade him for a bag of chips, he's not worth more than this.
    Lol

Thread Information