Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread!!!!! TV Pelicans VS Rockets TV (game 4 of the preseason TV)

So another reason +/- is so awesome. Salmons has a higher one than all backups except Ryno. Higher than Gordon and tied with Asik.

You know, because it's such a good stat.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    why is Wesley on the Rockets broadcast?
    Trolling the Rockets broadcast team, love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    Box score stopped updating a while ago for him. Jimmer had 15 pts I think (4-7,3-5) I believe, but only shows 9 pts (3-6,1-3).
    Thanks. I agree Bronco...I think he needs to push it harder to get defenders to back off.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    why is Wesley on the Rockets broadcast?
    Wesley was born in Texas, played his college ball at Baylor, briefly played with the Houston Rockets, and was teammates with Rockets TV commentator Bullard with Houston and Charlotte. Plus Wesley, being a TV commentator himself, means he's within their professional inner circle.

Nothing too unusual with them interacting.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Thanks. I agree Bronco...I think he needs to push it harder to get defenders to back off.
    Well now it shows he had 12...I know he had one more 3 though. he was 2-2 in the 4th from behind the arc and just had 1 in the first half.

I agree about bringing the ball up, he was getting a ton of pressure. If I was Monty and was seeing Jimmer get pressured like that I'd have Rivers bring it up for a while to break things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    if Tyreke does end up starting, that puts a big weight on Austin's shoulders to produce & i think he'll rise to the occasion. what once looked like a loaded backcourt now looks like him as the primary sub at both guard spots
    I hope he does, he hasn't impressed me tonight or the little I've gotten to see this season. Jimmer really outplayed him tonight but he looks bad at ball-handeling so Rivers will have to be the primary point on the 2nd unit IMO. But if Evans runs with the second unit at all I really rather Evans running with Jimmer, Anderson and Salmons or Babbitt. With Evans handling the initiating of the offense.

I'm really hoping Rivers does have a breakout season this year.

How much do they pay people to take statistics? I've noted this a few time and have always had a problem especially with blocks and steals. It's absolutely absurd.

Also am I crazy for thinking Babbitt should get minutes over Salmons?

We have finally freed Jimmer!

Austin 5-5 from the FT line? am i readin that right?

DDDDD

Banned
    Davis is just so impressive on all levels. He is playing within himself which makes him great. Duncan like in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Also am I crazy for thinking Babbitt should get minutes over Salmons?
    Not according to +/-. Salmons destroyed him and 2/3rds of the team.

Take that for what ever you will.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    How much do they pay people to take statistics? I've noted this a few time and have always had a problem especially with blocks and steals. It's absolutely absurd.
    Maybe minimum wage. Maybe.

Hair observations from game:
    AD and Jrue have small fro's. EG has a mohawk. Salmons still has a goatee. Babbitt's hair right out of Monty Python's Holy Grail.
    Other observations:
    Actually thought Salmons added more to game/team than shows on box score. Always seemed to be in right place and helping teammates.
    AD looked like he could do whatever he wanted on court. His rebounds will suffer because Asik is a REBOUNDING MACHINE especially on D. Was not getting ball out down court on outlet passes like I expected him too but don't think Pel's were in hurry up mode tonight.
    Miller passing up open corner three's for some reason. Appears to have a lack of confidence in shot. Ditto for Rivers.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

It's the hidden advantage of the new court helps the players line up there free throws

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Very excited about this team. I would love to see this line up:
    Tyreke PG
    Jimmer SG
    Babbitt SF
    Anderson PF
    Davis C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    It's the hidden advantage of the new court helps the players line up there free throws
    Just shoot down the beak

Salmons and D Miller look useless. Russ looks way too raw. I'm surprised by how bad...

If it were up to me, I prob. let Reke start, but look to get Babbit in early and use Reke with Rivers, Jimmer and Anderson off the bench.

Jrue needs to sharpen up, but he could solve 90% of his problems by just refusing to get suckered into driving all the way to the basket. Use that great shot if they give him an inch, and if he has to drive, just a dribble or two not into the middle, then make the easy pass. He could turn all those low % circus shot, lead the break the other way drive plays into hockey assists because this team has the shooters and does not need the hero drives.

Jimmer can shoot and he will be very useful, but Rivers is key to keeping the ball moving. Aside from his usual couple of sloppy turnovers and unwillingness to shoot, he looked great. Nice free throws. much bigger. Had that finish through contact for 3 point play. He's now big and quick enough to physically dominate a lot of pgs in the league. With his handles and body he could evolve into Kidd type player minus the maestro level passing but maybe better shooting. Really like the way he keeps ball moving. Could take minutes from Jrue.

Key to season - push the pace and keep the ball moving. Can Monty adapt?

As long as the San Francisco Giants make the World Series, Monty gets a pass for starting Salmons in the preseason with Tyreke out. Heck, I won't even mind Ryno coming off the bench if the Giants make the World Series.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 10-15-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Salmons and D Miller look useless. Russ looks way too raw. I'm surprised by how bad...

If it were up to me, I prob. let Reke start, but look to get Babbit in early and use Reke with Rivers, Jimmer and Anderson off the bench.

Jrue needs to sharpen up, but he could solve 90% of his problems by just refusing to get suckered into driving all the way to the basket. Use that great shot if they give him an inch, and if he has to drive, just a dribble or two not into the middle, then make the easy pass. He could turn all those low % circus shot, lead the break the other way drive plays into hockey assists because this team has the shooters and does not need the hero drives.

Jimmer can shoot and he will be very useful, but Rivers is key to keeping the ball moving. Aside from his usual couple of sloppy turnovers and unwillingness to shoot, he looked great. Nice free throws. much bigger. Had that finish through contact for 3 point play. He's now big and quick enough to physically dominate a lot of pgs in the league. With his handles and body he could evolve into Kidd type player minus the maestro level passing but maybe better shooting. Really like the way he keeps ball moving. Could take minutes from Jrue.

Key to season - push the pace and keep the ball moving. Can Monty adapt?
    With the way Jrue is playing I think the others might get more minutes in the beginning of the season as he recovers, big opportunity for these young fellas.

Banned
    If I'm the defense I just back off Rivers until he hits shots...that would bog down our offense it would seem.

i know this is in the wrong spot but was wondering if anyone could give me a place to find info on Saints games? I'm coming down to New Orleans in December for a Pelicans & Saints games and wanted to know how the terrace seating is. If anyone has any info or can point me in the direction of where I can get that info I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    There was an article in the TP that mentioned that. Its definitely overblown. He was probably asked to state his preference and did so. However he stated after that that he was down with doing whatever is asked from the staff.

I think they misquoted it too. I thought Rivers said his preference was the point.
    Bad attitude, guy with the worst rookie league in history should be happy playing anywhere the coach lets him.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Very excited about this team. I would love to see this line up:
    Tyreke PG
    Jimmer SG
    Babbitt SF
    Anderson PF
    Davis C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That lineup would get 18 wins.

Thread Information