Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Monday at ATL.

Man the stream lagged out for me, then when it started playing again the game was over? Oh well. decent showing from the bench, loved that Patric young put back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

This sounds like a pretty bad game... I'd still watch it in HD. Somebody needs to sort this stuff out; preseason should be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Do you want him fired?
    Well idk, he has his good and bad. Great work ethic, great at player development. Bad at player rotations and scheming. His system is said to be advanced and didn't want to throw the whole thing at such a young team and only used 25% of his play book last year. I'm willing to give him one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Anybody know why Jimmer was benched after helping cut the deficit and playing great D?
    Preseason game, giving other players a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Man the stream lagged out for me, then when it started playing again the game was over? Oh well. decent showing from the bench, loved that Patric young put back.
    Didn't see the putback, how was it, easy jam or slammed with authority?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Didn't see the putback, how was it, easy jam or slammed with authority?
    Had some power behind it, was in transition so he got a bit of a run up.

I think the reserves could have won this game again tonight, if the starters hadn't put them in such a big hole to start out. The run by Jimmer and Whitey in the 3rd brought them within about 6.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Go re-watch the film. Especially LBJ. Brick city
    Shotcharts for the entire 06-07 playoffs is the closest time period I could find for LeBron v. Spurs.

Regular season shot selection:

Playoff shot selection:

Regular season efficiency:

Playoff efficiency:

e: So, he wasn't really dissuaded from getting to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanned View Post
    He was playing the best D of the reserves from what I saw. Schroder drove on him about 7 times and couldn't score.
    Missing shots is a thing for Schroeder.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Its preseason, jump shots are rhythmic, u get into a groove as the season goes along, ur looking too far into it IMO
    I do hope so.Good thing Pelicans still have Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    Ya i wouldn't worry about our shooting, we saw game one how well we can shoot.

Jrue, gordon, ryno, rivers, jimmer, salmons, babbitt, team has plenty of good shooters

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    Ya i wouldn't worry about our shooting, we saw game one how well we can shoot.

Jrue, gordon, ryno, rivers, jimmer, salmons, babbitt, team has plenty of good shooters

Banned
    I love our starting 5 but I feel like they might fall apart on each possession. I'm injury weary.

Replace salmons with sefalosha and this team would be fierce, no weakness in the starting lineup or bench.

Russ looked wildly out of control & curious why Miller didn't come back in after starting. Not like Salmons or Babbitt played all that great

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Russ looked wildly out of control & curious why Miller didn't come back in after starting. Not like Salmons or Babbitt played all that great
    I think the players had allocated minutes assigned to them before the game.
    Miller played minutes the first game and was probably rested.

Banned
    I think Russ gets to wound up and tires. Would be nice to see a regular rotation game.
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 10-06-2014 at 09:40 PM.

So i didn't get a chance to catch the game, had to finish up some work stuff, is that stat box indicative of how we played?

Because it doesn't look good. 34-18 in the first quarter? I presume with mostly starters?

Stats all around show a pretty mediocre performance. Hopefully there were some positives? Other then the usual "it's preseason." Which I hope people realize I understand that so I am not going to start thinking the sky is falling.

We are shooting more 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    We are shooting more 3s.
    Well thats actually great to hear.

That was one of my main concerns given our assistant coaches and past tendencies.

With all our shooters someone is bound to always be hot. It will just be on Monty to know how to adjust and play the hot hand appropriately.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Shadows of Mordor got me hard. Didn't even know there was a game.

So, for those that got to watch, how did that PnR defense look with Asik? How did they play it? Atlanta's 3 came from the corner?

For those that like to compare New Orleans draft day trade, Noel had more fouls than points in his pre season debut

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Shadows of Mordor got me hard. Didn't even know there was a game.
    How great is that game. Honestly I was listening to it on my phone cause my computer is broke and didn't listen to like the whole third quarter. Missed the come back haha although from reading everything doesn't sound like we missed to much

Thread Information