Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Big Move

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Seems like he's a poor man's Ariza with more size and length. So...maybe a rich man's Aminu? Doesn't dribble well, will drive Pelicans78 insane with how inefficient he is, but he's still young, turning 25 later this year, and can hit the outside jumper with some regularity.
    I thought more like a rich man's Thaddeus Young? I could be wrong though, not an expert

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I thought more like a rich man's Thaddeus Young? I could be wrong though, not an expert
    I thought more like a man with an adequate income but a lot of debt and no savings or retirement's Matt Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I thought more like a man with an adequate income but a lot of debt and no savings or retirement's Matt Barnes.

My best guess is a Gordon to Minnesota trade for Martin and Budinger. Then I think Phoenix signs Deng leaving the door open for us to sign Tucker. I could see maybe a S&T of Jason Smith back to Phoenix. If not, I think we'd move some smaller piece to Phoenix in a S&T.
    "While everyone is watching the play-offs, keep in mind, Anthony Davis is off somewhere getting better."

Sign the Deng Deng. Luol the Deng Deng. Come On!!!

Three way deal....Gordon and cash to Minny for Martin.......Love to the Warriors and we get Barnes

Giannis Antetokounmpo for Rivers.. Dell loves the Alphabet

Quote Originally Posted by Section116 View Post
    Giannis Antetokounmpo for Rivers.. Dell loves the Alphabet
    The Bucks think Giannis is the second comming of MJ he's not going anywhere

1-6

Well Monty reaffirmed today Eric Gordon will be here, Monty did the same a couple of weeks ago. Do you think we can finally let this childish, immature trade Eric Gordon for anything mentality die????

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not a rumor thread, not a trade thread. This is for straight up bragging rights folks. Call the big move here before it happens. Winner gets a golf clap!

I am going Eric Gordon to Detroit. Can't decide if I like a 3 way with Sacto or straight up, so I am going to use Occam's razor and go with the simpler route.

Gordon and Ely to the Pistons for Jerebko and Datome. Pels then use trade exception to absorb Asik.

Whatcha got?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Well Monty reaffirmed today Eric Gordon will be here, Monty did the same a couple of weeks ago. Do you think we can finally let this childish, immature trade Eric Gordon for anything mentality die????
    I'm not saying Gordon will be traded, but let's just say he was, do you really think Monty would say so right now?

1. Your question is poor for multiple reasons.

2. He said, "Eric Gordon will be back" in the context of listing all the players with injuries who will be healthy that were not last year.

Now, if you would like to rephrase your question to create an intelligent conversation, we can do that. If not, I understand that too.
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I could see trading Ryan Anderson for a really good SF, maybe Paul Pierce if that could be possible somehow.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I could see trading Ryan Anderson for a really good SF, maybe Paul Pierce if that could be possible somehow.
    You would trade a Ryan Anderson who it's arguable hasn't even hit the peak of his prime yet, for a soon to be 37 year old Paul Pierce?

Heck no! That would be a terrible trade.

This is a joke right, please tell me this is a joke. Did I just travel back to 2007 when Paul Pierce was a good small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Do you think we can finally let this childish, immature trade Eric Gordon for anything mentality die????
    I'm rather fond of my childish, immature trade Eric Gordon for anything mentality.

Pierce is still one of the better SFs in the league. I still wouldn't do it.

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Three way deal....Gordon and cash to Minny for Martin.......Love to the Warriors and we get Barnes
    Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Pierce is still one of the better SFs in the league. I still wouldn't do it.
    This is the sad thing. There are like 7 or 8 good SF's out there. Max. Hard to get one. At this point, I just want one who doesn't hurt the team (Aminu). Helping it is just a bonus.

Gordon will be the Pels starting SG next season unless MM releases his horrific info about EG. It is time for MM to provide those remarks and/or actions.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I could foresee a Ryan Anderson trade because of how the players fit together on this roster. Anderson is a good player on a good contract, he's the Pelican's most attractive trade asset. he's also an awkward fit on a team with the franchise player at his same position. The Pelicans desperately need to add an above average SF somehow.

Pierce is past is prime no doubt but he can shoot behind the arc providing the spacing (Anderson's primary contribution) and could actually be on the floor same time as the starters. He is still money when it comes to winning games and could be beneficial to have that type of veteran presence on a young team not yet accustomed to winning.

Jrue
    Evans
    Pierce
    Davis
    Asik

bench
    1- Smith/Rivers
    2 - Gordon
    3 - ?
    4 - Smith
    5 - Whithey/Young

Not the worst way to go, although if there is a younger all star SF to be had by all means Pelicans should jump on it

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Gordon will be the Pels starting SG next season unless MM releases his horrific info about EG. It is time for MM to provide those remarks and/or actions.
    Not gonna happen until he is traded and passes the physical, making it official. Sorry.

I could foresee a Ryan Anderson trade because of how the players fit together on this roster. Anderson is a good player on a good contract, he's the Pelican's most attractive trade asset. he's also an awkward fit on a team with the franchise player at his same position. The Pelicans desperately need to add an above average SF somehow.

Pierce is past is prime no doubt but he can shoot behind the arc providing the spacing (Anderson's primary contribution) and could actually be on the floor same time as the starters. He is still money when it comes to winning games and could be beneficial to have that type of veteran presence on a young team not yet accustomed to winning.

Jrue
    Evans
    Pierce
    Davis
    Asik

bench
    1- Smith/Rivers
    2 - Gordon
    3 - ?
    4 - Smith
    5 - Whithey/Young

Not the worst way to go, although if there is a younger all star SF to be had by all means Pelicans should jump on it
    I'd rather find a stop gap at SF this year, have EG coming off the bench next year(so hopefully he will opt out), and add a good starting SF next offseason. We filled one or our two major holes this offseason with the Asik trade. This team can compete for the 7th or 8th seed in the west next year if we can stay healthy. That will make us more much attractive to FA SFs next year when we (hopefully) have the cap space to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is the sad thing. There are like 7 or 8 good SF's out there. Max. Hard to get one. At this point, I just want one who doesn't hurt the team (Aminu). Helping it is just a bonus.
    Yeah this true.

When you break down the league I only see two positions that are flush with talent. PG and PF. Every other position is thin.

Thread Information