Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We got killed for trading out of THIS draft?

Lastly though, I have seen Melo-Randle comparisons, and I do think they're stupid, so please don't tell me I'm stupid for comparing them. Thank you.

I'll tell you one thing - Andrew Wiggins ain't no Shaquille O'Neal. I don't care what ANYBODY says! No way, no how.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'll tell you one thing - Andrew Wiggins ain't no Shaquille O'Neal. I don't care what ANYBODY says! No way, no how.
    lol

But can we all at least agree that Jabari Parker is no Mookie Blaylock?

More Spud Webb than Mookie

I just had to figure out where I heard the Melo-Randle comparison, and this is one place:

At Nike's LeBron James Skills Academy in July, the 6-foot-9 Randle was measured with a 6-foot-11 wingspan. While that isn't terribly lengthy, the five-star senior from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian doesn't exactly have T-Rex arms either.

Comparisons for Randle are tough, and I've heard Carmelo Anthony (especially because of the wing catch sidewise, face and attack move he favors like 'Melo), some people use Zach Randolph, some have used Chris Webber and I've even heard some Glenn Robinson (Big Dog, not Trey) comparisons. I haven't settled on a comparison I like, and I can see all of those. Looking at him at the NBA level, I think the biggest question that some have is whether he has enough straight-up explosiveness to be a reliable finisher around the rim and in traffic. He's clearly a very good ball handler, quick, has straight-line speed, loves contact and will rebound.
    http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1443049

Also something from bleacherreport, but that doesn't count. I'm not crazy guys, just inebriated.

Edit: let me sum it up best. I've never heard one time any major media outlet make a randle-melo comparison. It's been Parker-melo comparison tho by almost every outlet. Not sure where that came from. Rivals does high school kids so not sure why'd we wanna check them when looking for a guys potential from college to pros. MM said it best. Wiggins def ain't no shaq. Same thing. Lol
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 03-23-2014 at 07:39 PM.

He reminds me a lot of Derrick Coleman tho.

I always thought Randle reminded me of Steve Kerr! lol

I'm not sure about the Randle to Melo comparisons, but the Embiid and Iverson comparisons seem like a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Edit: let me sum it up best. I've never heard one time any major media outlet make a randle-melo comparison. It's been Parker-melo comparison tho by almost every outlet. Not sure where that came from. Rivals does high school kids so not sure why'd we wanna check them when looking for a guys potential from college to pros. MM said it best. Wiggins def ain't no shaq. Same thing. Lol
    Just had to prove to myself that I heard it somewhere. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I'm not sure about the Randle to Melo comparisons, but the Embiid and Iverson comparisons seem like a reach.
    You at least have to admit that Embiid stole Iverson's moves.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    To be fair, I do see a lot of Wilt in Exum's game.

This thread has turned epic!!! Lol..good job Hercules!! Hercules!!! Hercules!!! Hercules!!!!

I for one look forward to watching Aaron Gordon run point for the Sacramento Kings.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Who in the world once compared Randle to Melo? (Besides OP)

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Who in the world once compared Randle to Melo? (Besides OP)
    Links have been provided bro. Well, link has been provided. You know where Google is.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't really consider a player's production in the tournament or whatever all that important. Not ever player is Anthony Davis. Some guys are Paul George, need time to become elite.

In any rate, wouldn't need Wiggins to come out the game like gangbusters anyway. We have our gangbuster already. Wiggins would just need to do everything Aminu does but not suck at it initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Don't really consider a player's production in the tournament or whatever all that important. Not ever player is Anthony Davis. Some guys are Paul George, need time to become elite.

In any rate, wouldn't need Wiggins to come out the game like gangbusters anyway. We have our gangbuster already. Wiggins would just need to do everything Aminu does but not suck at it initially.
    Completely fair.

Just from watching the Duke-Wichita State game, I got young Zach Randolph vibes from Randle...nimble big man who will make a living for his play down low.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Just from watching the Duke-Wichita State game, I got young Zach Randolph vibes from Randle...nimble big man who will make a living for his play down low.
    Kentucky-Wichita St. Yes, I agree with you. He reminds me a lot of Randolph.

Had we had a tiny bit of luck (just a tiny, mind you) our record would be a lot closer to 50% if not up there at all and no one would be waiting in terror for us to give the 76ers the 6th pick and have them taking a future HOFer. I have to say, i've watched a ton more NCAAB than any other year (which means more than 1-2 games, yeah) and i can't say i was much impressed with the top players of this draft class. Maybe they'll turn out to be spectacularly good, i'm not a scout or anything like that, but this draft was called the best one since the lbj's? Yeaahhh....no. A player from this draft would have done us good for sure, but i'd rather holiday myself

Considering I have heard Doug McDermott's name mentioned in the area we would have been picking in, I'm pretty stoked with the trade.

Obviously Randle isn't no where near Melo's game, yes he resembles Zack Randolph, but he will be better than him in my opinion

Could Doug McDermott possibly be a white Melo?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    According to Chad Ford, Saric won't be declaring this year either.

Thread Information