Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Boston Celtics @ New Orleans Pelicans - 03/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    There was one time where he did have a WIDE open shot, but froze up it seems. He ended up passing. A minute or so later, it looked to me like AD was yelling at him about him. So it's good to see AD taking charge on things like that, and hopefully it will help Withey get more comfortable shooting. Hate to see a guy get yelled at by a teammate, but I get a feeling it will get results.
    You are correct. I heard that too. I was also yelling at him to do the same so I just laughed at it...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    You are correct. I heard that too. I was also yelling at him to do the same so I just laughed at it...
    Same. But hey, he's a rookie. He's gonna screw up. If AD yelling at him is what it takes, so be it. Withey got a lot of playing time tonight regardless. he just needs to learn to use it more effectively offensively. And he will.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Same. But hey, he's a rookie. He's gonna screw up. If AD yelling at him is what it takes, so be it. Withey got a lot of playing time tonight regardless. he just needs to learn to use it more effectively offensively. And he will.
    I agree 100% about Withey. And, even if it was AD passing up that shot someone should yell at him to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

This x100,000,000,000! Pierre the Pelican!

these injuries were a blessing in disguise. no way we run this much through AD with everyone healthy. Huge for our future. his improvement alone has made this years team struggles worth while

guys Davis hasn't missed a FT in 3 games
    never assume

Don't jinx it!

Is 21 rebounds a career high for AD as well as his points?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is 21 rebounds a career high for AD as well as his points?

Yes.

sweet shirt AD... Pels colors

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    jrue
    tyreke
    jeff green
    ryno
    davis

holy offense batman
    I wish...

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

^^^^^
    I'd much rather Batum over Green

^^^^^
    I'd much rather Batum over Green
    Batum's contract sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Batum's contract sucks.
    9.2M compared to 11.8M....I wouldn't say sucks, but he is nearly 2.5 years younger.

9.2M compared to 11.8M....I wouldn't say sucks, but he is nearly 2.5 years younger.
    Green has a much more diverse offensive skillset than Batum. Also, Batum's one on one defense is extremely overrated as well...people see his length and automatically assume he's an effective 3 and D player. Either player would fit well with a lineup of Holiday, Evans, Ryno, and AD. Individually, I like Green more due to his versatility and talent level. The argument is pointless nevertheless; we're not getting either of them anyways.

Granted, this article came out right after the lottery.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I go on a tour, AD goes on a tear.

Noice.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Awesome to see that career night for AD.

This kid is unreal. Second year in the league and he's putting in games like hall of famers did. Wow

Anyone else notice how vocal Gordon was in some of those huddles late in regulation and ot? AD called that one going back out on the floor late in regulation and Gordon just went in and laid down the law. Nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Anyone else notice how vocal Gordon was in some of those huddles late in regulation and ot? AD called that one going back out on the floor late in regulation and Gordon just went in and laid down the law. Nice to see
    After all the losing I think we're beginning to see what is hopefully the formation of roles on our team. Guys seem more vocal, players seem to be playing a little harder, etc. Hopefully when Jrue returns he can just fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    No! sure didn't! because (like an idiot), my dvr settings are set to record :30minutes after the theoretical end to the game. How many overtimes am i going to miss before i change the setting to an hour?!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post

Granted, this article came out right after the lottery.
    this guy can't possibly still have a job can he?

Thread Information