Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans NBA Trade Deadline Rumor Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    All my stats are from Synergy and from this current season. The break down of all of his offensive plays this season from highest to lowest and rounding to nearest whole number is: 30% P&R Roll Man, 20% Cut, 20% Offensive Rebound (Put back), 11% Other, 6% Post Up, 6% Transition, 4% Spot Up, 3% ISO.

Your original comment was his offensive game is limited to tip ins, rebounds, and dunks. That is a gross misrepresentation of his offense when by far the largest part of his offense is from the P&R. 63% of his game is away from the basket (ignoring the 11% because we don't know the breakdown). I just don't buy the argument that he's going to clog the paint when such a high % is away from the basket. He might not have a spot up shooting game from 10-12 feet out but he doesn't need it to be effect and that's most likely the reason he shoots at such a high % because he doesn't take shots from the "dumb zone".

The more I look at his game the more I think he is a great complement at center next to AD (Ignoring cost and age). Roughly 25% of Pelicans offense this season has come from P&R and 64% of our offensive production matches up with his skillset very well (P&R, Cutting, Putbacks, Transition, ISO). Use him as the roll man and AD can play 10-12 FT out and that lane will be WIDE open. You can have either one be cutting on the P&R, him and AD both fight on the glass and get Putbacks.
    Yea idk why I left out him rolling to the basket in that og statement. I did say it tho in my 2nd post to you. Point stands tho. His offense is mainly assisted. I was disputing the spot up, and post up. I agree with everything u said tho. I'd love to have him. I don't care to hear the he will the clog the lane crap either. Some ppl here are obsessed with space lol. Chandler brings a lot to the table. That's all that matters.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-17-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Boston expected Green to have a big season but he can't thrive being the main offensive threat. I think on a team like NO that wouldn't need him to carry the load would be a good fit. He is really athletic and can play SG and SF and plays good defense. Green is just missing that killer instinct, it's frustrating because when he is aggressive he is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan View Post
    I'm a Jeff Green hater! He's so frustrating to watch play, one game he will score 30 the next game he will be nonexistent. When he does score 30 he makes it look so easy fans are always asking why he can't do it every night. I think as a 3rd or 4th option option he is good. Boston fans set to high of expectations for him
    Was up man welcome to the board. That's giving up too much for rondo. I don't see anyway we do that. There would have to be more to the trade. I'm one that would do holiday for rondo straight up. Rondo is a much better pg than holiday IMO. His passing abilities are light years ahead of holidays. Even with holiday playing Davis was continually being missed rolling to the basket. Rondo would find him every time. It'd be a thing of beauty. I think we are much better suited for a pure passing pg and rondo can score when needed. I'm not worried about him leaving the next year cause an extension would obviously be in place before hand. Dell ain't stupid. I think holiday, rivers and our 2017 1st rd pick for rondo and green could be good. Not sure about salaries n all that matching or what else would need to be added on our side for fillers. We have a few expiring to add if needed to make salaries match.

Boston expected Green to have a big season but he can't thrive being the main offensive threat. I think on a team like NO that wouldn't need him to carry the load would be a good fit. He is really athletic and can play SG and SF and plays good defense. Green is just missing that killer instinct, it's frustrating because when he is aggressive he is really good.
    U have a link to an article on that trade speculation? What was the guys name who was speaking on it?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Apparently Minnesota and Memphis are discussing a Budinger for Prince package deal. What reasoning would Minny have for that? Clearing money? If that were the case, I wish we could trade them Aminu.

A Sharrod Blakely mentioned it on a local sports TV show. Blakely covers the Boston Celtics and the NBA for Comcast SportsNet and http://CSNNE.com . Thanks for the nice welcome from everyone!!!

I'd do a Rondo for Holiday & Rivers trade in a heart beat FWIW

Rondo + Green for Holiday Rivers Aminu and future first would work money wise

A Sharrod Blakely mentioned it on a local sports TV show. Blakely covers the Boston Celtics and the NBA for Comcast SportsNet and http://CSNNE.com . Thanks for the nice welcome from everyone!!!
    I'm not denying your story. I just know that trade would rape the pelicans! You know it because you wouldn't be so excited about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I'd do a Rondo for Holiday & Rivers trade in a heart beat FWIW
    Absolutely.

I love almost everything about Rondo. He's a fantastic distributor, defender, and competitor. With that being said, I'm not sure how well he would fit with our spacing.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    I'm not denying your story. I just know that trade would rape the pelicans! You know it because you wouldn't be so excited about it!
    The Celtics are in rebuild mode Holiday is younger then Rondo. Rondo is a great player arguably a top 5 pg he is a multiple all star, has made multiple NBA defensive teams and is a champion. Rondo is one of my favorite players I just think when he becomes a FA he wont stay because the Celtics wont be in a position to win. Pelicans seem further along if Anderson comes back and the Pelicans got Green and Rondo they would be a real contender. One of the reasons I would want Holiday is because I could see the Celtics holding him out and going into the tank which has kind of been the plan all along. Rondo makes everyone better we will win to many games with him

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I love almost everything about Rondo. He's a fantastic distributor, defender, and competitor. With that being said, I'm not sure how well he would fit with our spacing.
    Not going to lie Rondo is not a great shooter but surprisingly his jumper since he came back has been falling. He's actually taking and making 3 point shots. We had been hearing that Rondo worked really hard on the shot while he was hurt with Ron Adams. For those who don't know Adams is an assistant with Boston this year. Previously he was with Chicago and was credited with really helping Derrick Rose become a better shooter. Im not saying Rondo is going to be a great shooter but his shot has been encouraging since his return.

The Celtics are in rebuild mode Holiday is younger then Rondo. Rondo is a great player arguably a top 5 pg he is a multiple all star, has made multiple NBA defensive teams and is a champion. Rondo is one of my favorite players I just think when he becomes a FA he wont stay because the Celtics wont be in a position to win. Pelicans seem further along if Anderson comes back and the Pelicans got Green and Rondo they would be a real contender. One of the reasons I would want Holiday is because I could see the Celtics holding him out and going into the tank which has kind of been the plan all along. Rondo makes everyone better we will win to many games with him
    Holiday is a one of the top point guards in the league with the potential to be top 5 (like Rondo already is). I don't see any upside with the pelicans trading another first round pick with one of their core pieces in Holiday for Rondo and Jeff Green (who has a bad heart condition).

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Rondo will turn 28 next week. For that reason alone, I have zero interest in trading him for Jrue.

Not going to lie Rondo is not a great shooter but surprisingly his jumper since he came back has been falling. He's actually taking and making 3 point shots. We had been hearing that Rondo worked really hard on the shot while he was hurt with Ron Adams. For those who don't know Adams is an assistant with Boston this year. Previously he was with Chicago and was credited with really helping Derrick Rose become a better shooter. Im not saying Rondo is going to be a great shooter but his shot has been encouraging since his return.
    That's the missing piece to his game, but i wouldn't be convinced over this short of period. The reason he worked so well in Boston was he wasn't leaned on to score the ball as a top 3 option. He had Allen who had range (clearly), Pierce who had range and could create for himself and in the earlier Boston year KG who would hit 20 footers with ease. With Rondo I think space is really important to his success. Then you throw him on this team and see guys like Reke who couldn't hit the blind side of a barn from the outside. Davis who has a mid range shot, but more like 15-17 ft and not that 20 ft range, Gordon who i think gets moved and Anjenca/Whithey who have no range and i just don't see the fit. Value wise it's great, but if we didn't have a subsequent move planned i'd be perplexed at the move.

That's the missing piece to his game, but i wouldn't be convinced over this short of period. The reason he worked so well in Boston was he wasn't leaned on to score the ball as a top 3 option. He had Allen who had range (clearly), Pierce who had range and could create for himself and in the earlier Boston year KG who would hit 20 footers with ease. With Rondo I think space is really important to his success. Then you throw him on this team and see guys like Reke who couldn't hit the blind side of a barn from the outside. Davis who has a mid range shot, but more like 15-17 ft and not that 20 ft range, Gordon who i think gets moved and Anjenca/Whithey who have no range and i just don't see the fit. Value wise it's great, but if we didn't have a subsequent move planned i'd be perplexed at the move.
    What if green was coming with him? I agree with most of what u said but Davis can shoot from anywhere. I don't think he has the green light from Monty tO start shooting from deeper yet. Obviously Monty is bringing him along at a slow pace and it's been his plan all along but Davis can hit the 3 for sure. He's already said next year he will be shooting the 3. Anyways, What if we are stuck with Gordon and can't move him and so our starting 5 is this? Rondo, Gordon, green, Davis, ajinca with Roberts, Reke, aminu, morrow, Ryno, smith, being our key reserves? I think that's much better than what we currently have going now.

Edit: maybe play small ball with our 2nd unit to space the floor for Reke? Reke, Roberts, morrow, Ryno, smith.
    Also take rivers out of my post above idk why I still put his name as he's a part of the trade.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 02-17-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    What if green was coming with him? I agree with most of what u said but Davis can shoot from anywhere. I don't think he has the green light from Monty tO start shooting from deeper yet. Obviously Monty is bringing him along at a slow pace and it's been his plan all along but Davis can hit the 3 for sure. He's already said next year he will be shooting the 3. Anyways, What if we are stuck with Gordon and can't move him and so our starting 5 is this? Rondo, Gordon, green, Davis, ajinca with river, Roberts, Reke, aminu, morrow, Ryno, smith, being our key reserves? I think that's much better than what we currently have going now.

I agree with that and i didn't know the p[remise was Green coming along. But you have to give to get. With the lineup you showed, we're pretty much getting Rondo and Green for Jrue? I'm sure that's not a legal deal in the first place and value wise I think Boston scoffs. We would probably have to include Gordon, Jrue, Aminu and maybe a pick in 2 years imo. So now we're looking at Rondo/Reke/Green/Anderson/Davis and a thin bench.

I'd really like to see tyreke run the point with the 2nd unit with Roberts as the sg. If we are keeping Roberts then he needs to be used for his strengths. He can be a deadly spot up shooter with Reke running the point.

Demps should be fired if he trades for Rondo with AD, Jrue, or Anderson as the moving pieces.

I agree with that and i didn't know the p[remise was Green coming along. But you have to give to get. With the lineup you showed, we're pretty much getting Rondo and Green for Jrue? I'm sure that's not a legal deal in the first place and value wise I think Boston scoffs. We would probably have to include Gordon, Jrue, Aminu and maybe a pick in 2 years imo. So now we're looking at Rondo/Reke/Green/Anderson/Davis and a thin bench.
    No sorry I countered up above with rondo and green for holiday, rivers, and a future unprotected 1st. Didn't inform u of that my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    No sorry I countered up above with rondo and green for holiday, rivers, and a future unprotected 1st. Didn't inform u of that my bad.
    Nah you may haven i just didn't see it. Is that a legal trade though? I think Rondo and Green have large contracts and Jrue is the only large contract on our side.

Nah you may haven i just didn't see it. Is that a legal trade though? I think Rondo and Green have large contracts and Jrue is the only large contract on our side.
    Yea idk I'm not usually the one to propose trades cause I don't do the salary match n all that. The celtics guy that came on here said this works money wise. Not sure tho.
    Rondo
    Green
    FOR
    holiday
    Aminu
    Rivers
    1st rd pick

Yeah put it in the trade machine

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    I'm not going to lie. I would strongly consider that trade. I'd be pretty uncomfortable with Rondo only having 1 year left though.

Thread Information