Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Nets Gameday Thread

#freeTyreke

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Tough, tough game.

This game had the makings of a very nice comeback but we just couldn't string plays together in the second half once we got it within 10-15. Morrow missed a couple shots he normally makes and had some questionable hero ball flub ups. Miller had a rough night on both ends and Plumlee owned everyone out there. Every time we were within striking range we'd either have a big missed shot, blown fast break, or turnover.

We just struggle putting together a complete game. I don't know what led the 1st half start to be so bad, but it wasn't just all Month's fault...the same lineups got us back in the game in the 3rd so its not like it was utterly incapable.

We just had some bad matchups out there. Monty is very rigid...I would also like to see a smaller lineup against the Nets but to be fair I don't know if I ever see many teams who just change their starting lineup for just one game. And I will say this...I know we want to keep AD near the goal as C to shot block but honestly he is just as deadly on the perimeter so in that sense he could be a kryptonite to teams like the Heat, Nets, others who trot out those small lineups because you cant just abuse him out there like the average big man. So imagine if we did have a more capable center who could rim protect and be somewhat of an offensive threat...you could play AD on those smallball PF's while still having defense on the back line and they wouldn't be able to hide the small ball PF's on our center.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Last edited by djpaul89; 02-09-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliczone View Post

#freeTyreke
    Wonder what to make of that...

But SMH Fletcher is such a shock jock. He is messy...and I'm not just talking about this tweet.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Wonder what to make of that...

But SMH Fletcher is such a shock jock. He is messy...and I'm not just talking about this tweet.

if I am not mistaken, this is a direct quote from Monty's post-game interview.... I sense that he feels most of his preachings about his expectations of Evans have been falling on deaf ears recently...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    if I am not mistaken, this is a direct quote from Monty's post-game interview.... I sense that he feels most of his preachings about his expectations of Evans have been falling on deaf ears recently...
    I know it was a direct quote but I'm talking about the "seems like trouble in paradise" that he just had to throw in there.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    man, this kind of posts are irritating
    Every post that folks make that Monty should be fired is irritating too. Sometimes I think some Pels "fans" hope that we lose just so they can come on this forum and ***** and moan about the coaching.

#freeTyreke
    if there were any internal issues other than resting him because of injuries to his ankle and ribs recently, I would think tyreke is upset about only seeing the floor for 24mins a game (allocated sporadically a times too, random games where he hardly plays) the majority of which are spent playing with scrubs

but then monty is probably frustrated with tyreke's play and this could just be a message to him
    never assume

injuires are also not his fault but injuries and players mistakes can fool you that it really is not the coaches fault when it really is
    #PRlogic

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

#freeTyreke
    Whoa what's this about?? I know fletch is a drama queen and I honestly can't stand him,but this is obviously trouble. No way around it.

#freeTyreke
    Trade brewing?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    injuires are also not his fault but injuries and players mistakes can fool you that it really is not the coaches fault when it really is

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

#freeTyreke
    Monty is an internal problem.

Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    LMFAO!!!!! I swear I just bust out laughing so loud watching this and then reading the post!!!!

The clippers just hung 46 on the '76ers in the 1st qt. wow.

46-15. Wow. And are currently up 82-33 in the 3rd.

I don't understand why Monty is benching Tyreke when the issue isn't Tyreke not being focused. Tyreke is playing TOO hard and trying to do too much. Instead of benching him he needs to give him more minutes and consistent minutes and let him work through his issue.

I might ***** about getting blown out, but I'm glad that we haven't been beaten by 40+ points like the 76ers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't understand why Monty is benching Tyreke when the issue isn't Tyreke not being focused. Tyreke is playing TOO hard and trying to do too much. Instead of benching him he needs to give him more minutes and consistent minutes and let him work through his issue.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    46-15. Wow. And are currently up 82-33 in the 3rd.
    A lot of their players wound up with a per of -40 lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    hehe that is a good one

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    I was at this game. I was saddened to see the lack of offensive set and hustle. Just awful. 28 first half points. Just awful. Lets see this team do SOMETHING in Toronto for my sanity.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    thanks for sharing now we know how you look like

i got one for monty's apologists Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 10.44.42.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	5491

Thread Information