Pelicans Report

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1634

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

Everyone is scared of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    Some people just have love for the game and would rather be a champion. LeBron, DWade, and Bosh all took pay cuts so they could become champions and have their legacy carry on. Trust me I wanted Oden on the team as much as anyone else but I understand the move in a way. Money comes and goes but your legacy can last forever.
    Do you think if he fails to come back and rides the bench with the Heat to win a ring enhances his legacy? No one will give a crap. I would take the guaranteed 2 million and make life better for my future children and grandchildren. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh still make a ton of money. Oden does not. Even if he does have a solid season this year and wins a ring with the heat, he will be an afterthought to Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Allen.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-03-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    For a chance to make 10 million+ next year. The Pelicans may have gave him more money upfront, but we also wanted a team option that would have kept him locked up for two seasons if he stays healthy. With Miami, he gets the player's option and will most likely opt out after the season.

Why do you think he took less money? For something far more important. A player's option.
    Do u really think oden will ever make 10+ million year even if he has a decent season. I sure as heck wouldn't pay him that kind of money long term no matter what kind of season he has this year. Over 7 foot, nearly 300 pounds with horrendous knees bilaterally does not equal a long career.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Do you think if he fails to come back and rides the bench with the Heat to win a ring enhances his legacy? No one will give a crap. I would take the guaranteed 2 million and make life better for my future children and grandchildren. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh still make a ton of money. Oden does not.
    Greg Oden has made money though, and who's to say he even plans to have kids? I guess what i think is at the end of the day not everyone is about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Do u really think oden will ever make 10+ million year even if he has a decent season. I sure as heck wouldn't pay him that kind of money long term no matter what kind of season he has this year. Over 7 foot, nearly 300 pounds with horrendous knees bilaterally does not equal a long career.
    Your opinion of what he's worth doesn't really matter. As long as he can stay healthy, there will be a market for him. An injury prone Andrew Bynum was able to land a 24 million dollar contract after playing zero games in the 12-13 season. Oden should be able to command quite a bit if he proves he can stay healthy.

BTW: I never said 10+ per year, I mean to say 10+ million contract.

Why assume the Pelicans' offer would not potentially include a player option?

He got a little of everything in that Heat deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lets have drinks meow
    Order meow a coke, please.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Why assume the Pelicans' offer would not potentially include a player option?

Speculating. Been speculating it for some time now. Looking back all of Demps transactions, it doesn't seem like the type of contract he puts on the table. Oden could have been a special case, but I'm more inclined to believe that Demps was looking to offer a contract that would give him flexibility to make moves and give him leverage. Now with the news that he's not 100% and will probably not be ready early on in the season, it reinforces my beliefs that Demps wouldn't waste his time with Oden if he was still a ways from returning unless he was trying to turn him into an asset.

This made me LOL

although his potential is very high I think we done a good job avoiding the risk of him being injured again. Bad choice to go to Miami by him also

Just as i'd said ages ago (seems like it) he chose the heat. Thank goodness this telenovela has ended

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    The heat won't be relevant in 2-3 years when we are peaking anyway.
    Yea bc Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are so old, and there's never above average-good vets looking to play for less in order to win a ring. If anything, it'll be a battle of handing the title over to AD as most dominant player in te league in about 5 years after we beat them in the finals on Lebron and co.'s last finals run.
    Last edited by LetsGetWaffles; 08-03-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Free agents 1. Pels new unis 0.
    I feel sorry for the portion of the next generation you (or anyone else actually believing this if I just missed the sarcasm here) raise if you honestly believe a teams nickname/colors/logos have any bearing on deciding what team to play for.

Would you turn down lucrative and or highest potential job w a company if the only think you didn't like about the logo or the phonetic sound of the company name?

I'm sure Americans in the oil industry turn down working for Aramco bc, "that just sounds wack like you wanna **** a ram, brah", or people don't wanna work for Shell bc "shells are for ******* and not scary." They'd rather work for an American sounding company like Texaco bc Texas is 100% American even tho the people he will work w are asses, the pay is much less, and the job sucks; but hell, our black and red logo w a star on it is so much more {edited - language} than that ***** former home of a clam looking like McDonald's colors. See the logic there?
    Last edited by LetsGetWaffles; 08-03-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGetWaffles View Post
    I feel sorry for the portion of the next generation you (or anyone else actually believing this if I just missed the sarcasm here) raise if you honestly believe a teams nickname/colors/logos have any bearing on deciding what team to play for.

Would you turn down lucrative and or highest potential job w a company if the only think you didn't like about the logo or the phonetic sound of the company name?

I'm sure Americans in the oil industry turn down working for Aramco bc, "that just sounds wack like you wanna **** a ram, brah", or people don't wanna work for Shell bc "shells are for ******* and not scary." They'd rather work for an American sounding company like Texaco bc Texas is 100% American even tho the people he will work w are asses, the pay is much less, and the job sucks; but hell, our black and red logo w a star on it is so much more {edited - language} than that ***** former home of a clam looking like McDonald's colors. See the logic there?
    I think you probably did miss it.... easy on the syrup
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGetWaffles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Your opinion of what he's worth doesn't really matter. As long as he can stay healthy, there will be a market for him. An injury prone Andrew Bynum was able to land a 24 million dollar contract after playing zero games in the 12-13 season. Oden should be able to command quite a bit if he proves he can stay healthy.

BTW: I never said 10+ per year, I mean to say 10+ million contract.
    We gave a max contract to Gordon after a 9 game season also.

I'm only upset we didnt get oden because Heat fans were acting like it was ridiculous that we were even in the conversation about oden because theyre so much better. It wouldve been nice to put them in the their place *once* at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Guy post 10 times on a thread and posts this. Baffles the mind.
    Typing in the third person. Baffles the mind too.

Btw should I have started a new threat to post that?

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Typing in the third person. Baffles the mind too.

Btw should I have started a new threat to post that?
    I don't know, is adding another page to a thread ok?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    He didn't get $3M, but what do I know?

BREAKING NEWS: Greg Oden just sneezed and both of his legs fell off.. out for season once again. man this dude cant catch a break..
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by al m337 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Greg Oden just sneezed and both of his legs fell off.. out for season once again. man this dude cant catch a break..
    it seems to me that he has caught quite a few more than his share.....

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Oden and DAVIS would've been a hideous duo.
    There's still time. He can opt out of his contract next summer and sign here. But I really... really... really don't think he'll fully come back from 3 micros.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    There's still time. He can opt out of his contract next summer and sign here. But I really... really... really don't think he'll fully come back from 3 micros.
    We should've signed a guy like Kyle Korver cause we have some horrendous looking guys on this team(Davis, Aminu, etc.)

I'm not going to lie it would have been great to get him, but I think we are ok with what we have. We have Jason and Greg S. splitting time at C that can protect the rim.

Thread Information