Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

You can decline as much as you increase - 4.5% per year. According to Hoopsworld, Evans will cost

11.8, 11.26, 10.73, 10.2

Again, I will wait for Larry Coon to confirm, but that would be nice to just have to owne Reke and Holiday 22 mil in 2016-17. By then, those contracts will be a super bargain. Cap should be around 63 million by then. Davis will get 15. Rivers will have a 4.2 mil QO. Long story short, if everything works out, there is no reason we can't re-sign Ryno and EG if we want to
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    Michael, what does your gut tell you about our chances of actually landing Oden? I'm worried he may be using us to drive up his asking price with teams like Miami or San Antonio.
    I think he is the one guy, or one of the few, to say no to one of those teams for us. The exposure in Miami might be too much for him right now. As for SA, I think they are a real threat.

I keep going back and forth. Now that I know we have the money, I think we have a solid chance. I actually think we are the minor favorites. 40%- us 35- Miami 20 - SA 5- Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You can decline as much as you increase - 4.5% per year. According to Hoopsworld, Evans will cost

11.8, 11.26, 10.73, 10.2
    Could be more than 4.5% though, since we never gave an offer sheet and it was sign and trade right? Signing with Sac would allow for 7.5% raises/declines.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Could be more than 4.5% though, since we never gave an offer sheet and it was sign and trade right? Signing with Sac would allow for 7.5% raises/declines.
    No, we asked about that, and it is in Coon's FAQ. Long story short, they can not do 7.5% increases or decreases if it is a S&T per the new CBA. They wanted to put an end to that so players would be more enticed to stay

I have to check this while I am by my notes tonight, but here is my guess:

The base package, total compensation was set as part of the fangled offer sheet. This was affected by the market and cap room options at the time.

Once agreed upon, it can be changed.

The otherwise unnecessary inclusion of Harris allows a larger first year salary than the free agent first year nay have been. This would allow a declining or zig-zag deal (see Anderson). Cap room is no longer a factor in the trade, just matching rules, but the overall negotiatiin was set and enabled by the cap room.

Will confirm later.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Heat appear to be one of the front runners to go after Marcus Camby once he's officially bought out from the Raptors. I think that is going to make a lot more sense for them and will probably be a veteran minimum contract. There is no way they come close to the $3 million offer for Oden due tot he luxury tax IMO.

I'm with everyone else in thinking this has a real shot in happening and I almost say that it really should happen for both sides. It just makes a lot of sense. And god help the league if Oden does play next to Anthony Davis at anything near what he's capable of being.
    Seriously, the potential... ugh I can't start letting myself think that way

But IF...
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

11.8, 11.26, 10.73, 10.2

Again, I will wait for Larry Coon to confirm, but that would be nice to just have to owne Reke and Holiday 22 mil in 2016-17. By then, those contracts will be a super bargain. Cap should be around 63 million by then. Davis will get 15. Rivers will have a 4.2 mil QO. Long story short, if everything works out, there is no reason we can't re-sign Ryno and EG if we want to
    I have been checking spotrac daily on salary updates for evans, they finally put something up today. And they have it declining:

Year 1 - 10,300,000
    Year 2 - 10,763,500
    Year 3 - 11,227,000
    Year 4 - 11,690,500

Got some smart {edited} on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I have been checking spotrac daily on salary updates for evans, they finally put something up today. And they have it declining:

Year 1 - 10,300,000
    Year 2 - 10,763,500
    Year 3 - 11,227,000
    Year 4 - 11,690,500
    If your post is accurate, that is not declining.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If your post is accurate, that is not declining.
    Yeah sorry that was a typo. Just got done reading his post about how the hopes were that it was declining every year.

Im fine with two years
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

No, we asked about that, and it is in Coon's FAQ. Long story short, they can not do 7.5% increases or decreases if it is a S&T per the new CBA. They wanted to put an end to that so players would be more enticed to stay
    Ok, thanks. I wondered if a S&T restricted the raises like it does with length...couldn't find it in the FAQ.

won't we be over the cap either way next year? that year won't hurt us, we'll still only get the MLE with or without him under contract

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    won't we be over the cap either way next year? that year won't hurt us, we'll still only get the MLE with or without him under contract
    We still have to pay attention to the luxury tax.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Lets get this done! I'm salivating to see a healthy Oden (Maybe one day) stand next to Anthony Davis. A deadly front court if Oden can have any semblance of working knees. He is well worth the risk. Pay for the value in the commodity. It pays off in the long run more so than anything you can shake a stick at for Stiensma and any other big on the roster next to Davis.
    Last edited by yankeesman77; 07-18-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

the problem i have with 2 years is that we wouldn't have his birds rights but i don't think i would go 3 either.

I keep imaging oden actually being healthy and tearing it up and then us losing him because we can only pay him the MLE that would be such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Im fine with two years
    Yeah me too! It's still a low risk high reward deal!!

3 years 3mil/year for his Bird rights would be fine by me. He will be expiring when we need to sign our core. Plus the potential would be awesome.

Maybe a 3 year w/ team option 3rd year? Tis is all assuming we'd get his bird rights with a 3rd year.

If we sign him, and he comes back full-force, this team will be too appealing for him to walk out on. My gut just tells me he'd be very appreciative after all the trouble he has gone through.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    If we sign him, and he comes back full-force, this team will be too appealing for him to walk out on. My gut just tells me he'd be very appreciative after all the trouble he has gone through.
    The problem is without his Bird Rights we can't sign him to a big contract because we are over the cap right?

The momentum is building Oden will be a Pelican in due time

Sent via Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Soon we shall win up all the NBAs.

So I guess it's down to us, SA and Miami.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks

**or maybe not

All-Star
    I'm worried about why we are the only one saying how much we offer to him, looks like we only there to increase his value...

Thread Information