Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: EG/Lopez for Bledsoe/Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    U swore up n down on the mayo opting out thread that u wouldn't include him in any sort of trade or signing. ...I knew it!!!
    dang it i forgot my bad lol

I just looked at both jordan and mcgee's stats, advanced stats, and salary

You are getting the same exact player basically. Same rebounding, same defense, athleticism, except Jordan shoots a MUCH higher FG% and true FG %

Plus Deandre is a year younger and 500,000 cheaper. Jordan also has a better win share %

Its not THAT bad of a trade, but we wont do it until after the draft, if burke is there i dont see us doing it, however IF burke is gone and we can get mclemore or oladipo I see it happening, and we could sign someone like budinger for the 3 spot to spread the floor.

Now the question is which would u rather?

Burke
    Gordon
    Budinger
    Davis
    Lopez

or

***For 8 million cheaper***
    Bledsoe
    Mclemore or Oladipo
    Budinger
    Davis
    Jordan

The first one is better offensively and the 2nd is better defensively
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-14-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    Trey Burke has no chance of being better defensively.
    You can pretty much say the same thing regarding Bledsoe's ability to run the P&R. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    You can pretty much say the same thing regarding Bledsoe's ability to run the P&R. What's your point?
    Monty and Dell want a guy that can pressure the ball. Bledsoe fits that; Burke does not. We aren't looking for another P&R guy.

I'm pretty sure Burke will be fine on defense. He is athletic enough and can't be much worse than Vasquez

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    Monty and Dell want a guy that can pressure the ball. Bledsoe fits that; Burke does not. We aren't looking for another P&R guy.
    What do you think Rivers is there for? By your logic Bledsoe is also pointless.

Anyways, Both guys have different strength and weaknesses. They both bring something different to the table that the Pelicans can use. You may have your preferences regarding the guy you like, but there's absolutely no reason to believe that Burke's defense will be an issue.

What do you think Rivers is there for? By your logic Bledsoe is also pointless.

Anyways, Both guys have different strength and weaknesses. They both bring something different to the table that the Pelicans can use. You may have your preferences regarding the guy you like, but there's absolutely no reason to believe that Burke's defense will be an issue.
    this. both guys bring great abilities to the team, one scoring, leadership and the PnR. One brings defense, rebounding, and athleticism

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Gordon>Bledsoe
    Looez>Jordan

[...]
    It's more like:
    Jordan = Gordon (value wise)
    Bledsoe > Lopez

thing about bledsoe is u can put him on someone like westbrook, rose, or gordon and will keep them in check.

Lets compare the 2

Offense: Gordon
    Defense: Bledsoe
    Rebounding: Bledsoe
    Passing: Bledsoe
    Athleticism: Bledsoe
    Durability: Bledsoe
    Contract: Bledsoe
    Effort: Bledsoe

thing about bledsoe is u can put him on someone like westbrook, rose, or gordon and will keep them in check.

Lets compare the 2

Offense: Gordon
    Defense: Bledsoe
    Rebounding: Bledsoe
    Passing: Bledsoe (barely)
    Athleticism: Bledsoe (barely)
    Durability: Bledsoe
    Contract: Bledsoe
    Effort: Bledsoe

HornetGuru:

Do you think Bledsoe would want to be in NO?
    Or will he do a Gordon and say his heart is in ________?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    HornetGuru:

Do you think Bledsoe would want to be in NO?
    Or will he do a Gordon and say his heart is in ________?
    I think Bledsoe would love to be in Nola, he will get to not be a backup anymore, and get to develop his game with anthony freakin davis, not to mention the cap and draft picks we have to add players. Plus he would feel appreciated it, Monty's praises D so Monty would float his ego and play to his strength's, they dont run too much full court offense in LA, but with bledsoe, davis, rivers and another young piece we could run all day. Davis is a beast getting down court before anyone for easy points.

I'm on the fence about this proposed "trade" -- if such discussions have even happened in the first place.

I think Jordan's just gotten lazy and bought into the "Lob City" hype. There's a decent post player in there -- I've seen him. I've seen him do things in the post that Chandler has never shown. For whatever reason, he doesn't use those skills -- just sprints to the basket for lobs. Can he be "fixed," or is he too far gone? That's the $22M question, I suppose. But you get him and Bledsoe, luck into McLemore, and sign a 3 that can stretch the floor -- you might have something going forward.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    If the clippers think that adding EJ would make Chris happy, by giving him a 3rd "go to guy" to pair with Blake, why would we trade him instead of just trying to sign CP ourselves? I mean, AD>Blake, Anderson>Jordan, EJ=EJ, Draft/Sign SF. seems to me that we would be a better destination, and have more assets to build around chris. Just my 2 cents, if Chris is looking at best chance to win.
    I think it's hilarious that people actually still believe that Chris "just wants the best chance to win." The dude is a CLIPPER!!!! They have been the worst organization in the league for how long? Sterling is one of the worst (and cheapest) owners in the entire league also. Chris is in LA for one reason, his brand and his image.

I don't believe this trade would happen, but Jordan's contract isn't as bad as I thought it was. For some reason I thought it was a Rudy Gay-type deal... this is bad but not as bad as I thought it was. Plus his contract would be tradeable after this upcoming season.

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit
    2011 10,079,404 - - 10,079,404
    2012 10,532,977 - - 10,532,977
    2013 10,986,550 - - 10,986,550
    2014 11,440,123 - - 11,440,123

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angel...eandre-jordan/

With that said... I still don't want him because I think he sucks. I think the staff will find a way to get Bledsoe though we really wanted him in the original trade.

This team is still a few years away from contending, so even though I don't believe this trade is imminent... it wouldn't surprise me if this deal goes down. As much as some want to keep Gordon I don't believe he wants to be in N.O. His mouth says one thing, but his non-verbals say otherwise.

Here’s something you might not know: Eric Bledsoe is killing in pick-and-rolls this year. It’s actually a big part of his game. On a per minute basis, Bledsoe uses almost as many pick-and-roll possessions as James Harden and he scores better than the likes of Tony Parker, Mike Conley and Rajon Rondo (per Synergy). Being the NBA’s weirdest player doesn’t stop Bledsoe from excelling at some of the more typical tasks. His game is full of happy surprises.

But it’s true, there’s something about Eric Bledsoe that just doesn’t look right.

As an athlete, Bledsoe’s combination of lateral quickness, power, speed and improvisational grace sets him well apart even in the NBA. But his body seems oddly misshapen. It’s his arms, mostly. They don’t belong; as though Bledsoe stole them from a much taller man, or some parts were mixed up in the factory.

In fact Bledsoe’s wingspan exceeds his height by more than seven inches. That’s the same discrepancy as ol’ cartoon arms himself, Kevin Durant … except Durant is almost a foot taller.

This is worth mentioning because we tend judge the skill of a basketball player by the things he does with his hands — the fine motor skills of the NBA are controlled dribbling, accurate shooting, the deft pass. That Bledsoe’s hands are affixed to arms that appear generally unwieldy gives even his most delicate moves a sense of awkwardness. They contribute to the unfairly enduring perception that Bledsoe is more track athlete than basketball player, that he can’t, say, run the pick-and-roll.

Of course Bledsoe is physically imposing, and at just 6-0, he somehow manages to be a defensive wunderkind. As a general rule, it’s more difficult for point guards to have as constant and profound an impact on a team’s defense than a power forward or center. More or less, that’s because point guards are constantly dealing with ball screens, which means they need lots of help, while big men have a singular ability to impact those valuable shots near the basket.

http://hoopspeak.com/2012/11/eric-the-amazing/
    Not a huge Bledsoe fan but the kid has potential to be special. I do love his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why not? Because it hurts our title chances? Keep building our base, get young talent and foster and mature it. Try to rush this by grabbing declining veterans or sink money into unskilled, block heads, and you turn into the Wizards really fast.
    This. This exactly. I think this is where Benson and Loomis will prove their worth as leaders. I really think they won't meddle to the point of saying, "Pick this player, don't pick that player." I think they'll not want to be a 2 or 3 year flash in the pan. If it takes a year or two longer, so be it.

This is the approach they took when Sean Payton was hired in 2006, and I believe this is how they'll approach their NBA franchise. And I'm fine with that.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxPelicans View Post
    I think it's hilarious that people actually still believe that Chris "just wants the best chance to win." The dude is a CLIPPER!!!! They have been the worst organization in the league for how long? Sterling is one of the worst (and cheapest) owners in the entire league also. Chris is in LA for one reason, his brand and his image.
    I agree with you actually. I have no doubt he is in LA for those purposes. I was just saying, if he was all about winning as he tries to claim, it's fairly obvious where the best chance is. But money usually wins in these situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    One more thing. Bledsoe is a freak athlete. DeAndre is an incredible athlete and lob dunker obviously. Had the best dunk of the year last year. Now I know a lot of people don't like the Lob City tag and all that goes along with that, but dunks are pretty fun to watch while you're waiting for your team to get the experience needed to win. With Bledsoe, DeAndre, Aminu and Davis we would arguable be the most athletic team in the league. Now imagine that we draft one of the best athletes in the draft, Ben McLemore.

Suddenly our starting roster is:

Bledsoe
    McLemore
    Aminu
    Davis
    Jordan

Oh, and arguably the best shooter in the league Ryan Anderson off the bench.

That lineup is young, defensive minded and just freakishly athletic. Say what you want, but every game would be a run and gun slam dunk filled highlight show. And honestly they might even have a chance to make noise in the playoffs right away the way the young Warriors have. The talent and athleticism potential of this team is off the charts.
    You sir make me want this trade to happen and I don't think we would get a lot of lob city attention because we aren't in LA, we are a smaller market young growing team. I am reconsidering my option on this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I think Bledsoe would love to be in Nola, he will get to not be a backup anymore, and get to develop his game with anthony freakin davis, not to mention the cap and draft picks we have to add players. Plus he would feel appreciated it, Monty's praises D so Monty would float his ego and play to his strength's, they dont run too much full court offense in LA, but with bledsoe, davis, rivers and another young piece we could run all day. Davis is a beast getting down court before anyone for easy points.
    HornetsGuru...what's your favorite cereal? I prefer Captain Crunch.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

his would be a fantastic trade, and one that makes sense for both sides.

The Jordan/Gordon swap is one of toxic assets. Is 30 games and a surgery per year of Gordon for 14+ million dollars better or worse than 82 mediocre first quarters of Jordan for 10 million? I'd argue that I'd rather have Jordan based on what I can reasonably expect Gordon to give me. I wouldn't do it straight up because the remote possibility that Gordon remains healthy is maybe slightly more likely than Jordan becoming good at basketball.

And Bledsoe is an unbelievable defensive player, one of the freakiest athletes in the association, and frankly not the kind of player you can typically acquire for a trade of bad contracts and a nice player in Robin Lopez on a good deal. It makes sense for the Clippers because they're capped out, don't have any great alternatives to make a push to compete and if Gordon stays healthy, they could seriously compete. It gives us an identity--- between Bledsoe and Davis, I'd expect us to become one of the better defenses in the league. We would also still have a high draft pick and about 15 million in cap room to fill out the roster.

Ok, if you are are the Clippers, you shipped away Eric Gordon when he was better and cheaper. Now, he has regressed as a player, he is more injured now than he was when you had him, and to top it all off he is playing under a max deal. Meanwhile, you as the Clips are trying to sign CP3 to a max deal, and oh ya, there's Blake Griffen there too who is also a max deal caliber player.

Why in the world then would they want anything to do with Eric Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    Ok, if you are are the Clippers, you shipped away Eric Gordon when he was better and cheaper. Now, he has regressed as a player, he is more injured now than he was when you had him, and to top it all off he is playing under a max deal. Meanwhile, you as the Clips are trying to sign CP3 to a max deal, and oh ya, there's Blake Griffen there too who is also a max deal caliber player.

Why in the world then would they want anything to do with Eric Gordon?
    I don't like the trade either, but it wouldn't hinder their ability to sign CP3, same as Dwight being able to sign with LA
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I don't like the trade either, but it wouldn't hinder their ability to sign CP3, same as Dwight being able to sign with LA
    Donald Sterling still owns the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    This. This exactly. I think this is where Benson and Loomis will prove their worth as leaders. I really think they won't meddle to the point of saying, "Pick this player, don't pick that player." I think they'll not want to be a 2 or 3 year flash in the pan. If it takes a year or two longer, so be it.

This is the approach they took when Sean Payton was hired in 2006, and I believe this is how they'll approach their NBA franchise. And I'm fine with that.
    Basically the first thing they did in 2006 was give a big $ contract to an injured QB. That doesn't exactly scream "patience".

Thread Information