Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Thunder vs Pelicans : Game 4 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

The Franchise
    Man this was such an embarrassing series. This is when your so called "superstars" show
    up but that obviously was not the case. I honestly don't care what they do with BI. At least
    Zion shows emotion when he plays. Ultimately though this poor performance falls at the feet
    of the coaches starting with Willie Green.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Because their coach plays rookies all year long. Our coach is mentally impaired.
    100% correct!

If it's broke don't fix it, that's Willie's motto.

What a way for the season to end.
    May Next year be continued progress
    Another 6 wins and maybe win a playoff game or series this time around.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    Man this was such an embarrassing series. This is when your so called "superstars" show
    up but that obviously was not the case. I honestly don't care what they do with BI. At least
    Zion shows emotion when he plays. Ultimately though this poor performance falls at the feet
    of the coaches starting with Willie Green.
    Ingram isn't a superstar. No one calls him that.

If Ingram shows up they win this game

Naji Marshall scored more than him

End of the series.

Brandon Ingram averages over 4 games: 14.3pts, 4.5rbds, 3.3asts per game with 2.3TOs and on 45%TS (19/55 FG, 2/8 from 3, 17/19 FT)

God-awful showing. Not one legitimately decent game from him.

$50m a year though.
    Basketball.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    You are a very empathetic person. More than me.
    I usually am but Ingram has been total dog ******** this series and mentally weak. I understand 1 game underperforming but a whole series? He wasn?t up for the fight and dort owned him. Totally sucks that Zion got injured. 🤕 sorry just ranting. This team is capable of so much more.

All-Star
    He ain’t worth 10 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram isn't a superstar. No one calls him that.
    A lot of people do. There are more Ingram stans than you seem to realise, both on this board (though absent lately, in fairness) and in general.

Oh well, time to root on the Nuggets.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    End of the series.

Brandon Ingram averages over 4 games: 14.3pts, 4.5rbds, 3.3asts per game with 2.3TOs and on 45%TS (19/55 FG, 2/8 from 3, 17/19 FT)

God-awful showing. Not one legitimately decent game from him.

$50m a year though.
    This series isn't about him. As much as you'd like it to be.

Thunder won two games in this series without reaching 100

The Franchise
    A lot of people do. There are more Ingram stans than you seem to realise, both on this board (though absent lately, in fairness) and in general.
    I have never seen anyone call Ingram a superstar. Not even the talking heads refer to him as such.

What a really bad end to the season...1-9 the last 10 home games. 22-22 at home for the season. I worry about the future of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I have never seen anyone call Ingram a superstar. Not even the talking heads refer to him as such.
    That's a you problem. I've seen it, I guarantee you multiple other people on this board have seen it too.

The number of people who have spent the last several years saying we need to trade Zion and build around BI cause he's the real star is absurd. ''I haven't seen it'' doesn't mean it's not real.

The Franchise
    That's a you problem. I've seen it, I guarantee you multiple other people on this board have seen it too.

The number of people who have spent the last several years saying we need to trade Zion and build around BI cause he's the real star is absurd. ''I haven't seen it'' doesn't mean it's not real.
    Okay.. I'll give you on this board. General consensus however, among the sane, lol.. He's not a superstar. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Pels will still blindly pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    lol. Probably.

The Franchise
    @Pelicanidae.. I think you get what I'm saying.. but again. Forget about the name Ingram. This is his label. 2B.

A championship contender needs a 1A which is what Zion is. I would say Dame, and AD are 2A types.. Lavine, Siakam, Paul George, are 2B types.. I want Zion 1A with two 2B types, or a 2A, and 2B if lucky. So it's not about an attachment to Ingram. It's about holding on to that kind of talent because the odds of getting it through free agency is slim.

As I said before, Bron said he had trouble getting guys to join him on the Cavs. Some teams just aren't free agent destinations for major talent.

All-Star
    he is paid like one

Exactly.

The reality is that BI is more than a player for Griff. He's a symbol. As long as we have BI and he's putting up 20ppg in the regular season, Griff got something for the AD trade. He didn't lose.

The minute we move BI, that's Griff giving away the last tangible asset from that trade, while the Lakers still have AD and are still making moves. It's an ego thing for Griff. He can't concede that defeat.

On top of that, Griff has spent years at this point preaching that he's all about family and good people. He likes BI, pretty much every report has said as much and every insider has confirmed it; they get along. Griff would have to publicly set fire to his entire multi-years long messaging campaign to move BI without BI demanding a trade.

He doesn't have it in him to do that. He spoke extensively when he came to the Pels about how he hated being a cut-throat exec in Cleveland and never wanted to do it again. He's not going to make that move now, cutting BI off, shipping him out, his friend, his symbol of success from the LA trade, when we just won 49 games.

He's got too many excuses. Injuries happened. We didn't have Zion in the playoffs. BI was still injured. We just didn't shoot the ball well. Got unlucky and matched with the 1 seed in the first round.

I hope and hope that Griff realises what has to be done and has the courage to do it. I do not believe he will, at all.

The Franchise
    They will do it because they are fully aware of how difficult it is to draw players in his tier through free agency. It's hard for big market teams, it's even harder for smaller market teams. You guys have to consider that.

Thread Information