Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 2 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Has anyone told Ingram that?

The entire sales pitch for BI for years has been ''you're gonna need tough shot making like his in the playoffs''

Now we're getting told it's not his fault that he can't make anything happen, he's getting locked up.

What happened to the tough shot making, man? In the playoffs, even.
    I thought it was “Won’t bow Down “

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You're not being rational.

News flash MVP.. Players get locked up. That's what we're seeing. That, in addition to being in foul trouble has decreased his aggression. One could even argue that Dwort/OKC has broken him.

Now.. You can argue, that you don't pay a guy 50M a year that can be shut down the way he has. And I wouldn't protest. He could at least funnel his energy and aggression into other aspects of gameplay since he's having trouble scoring. That's what I don't like.
    That is exactly what I would argue. The entire argument for BI has been that at the end of the day, ''you need a guy who can make shots like him when defenses lock down in the playoffs''. I cannot tell you how many times people have said that to me, and used it to excuse his iso-ball, his refusal to take 3s, and his hit-or-miss defense, his poor rebounding. That's always the refrain.

Here we are. We're in the playoffs. Defenses are locking down. Where are the shots?

They weren't there last game. They aren't here so far this game. Mr $50m turning in an F on the assignment that was tailored for his skillset thus far. And, as you say, he's doing nothing else to make up for it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Ingram remains the issue imo. He is supposed to be our best player on the floor and is just not showing up. 4 points in 17 minutes, and a whopping -17 on the plus minus
    The officiating has been allowing BI to get mauled for 6 straight quarters. Our complaints about the officiating isn't about getting FTs. It's about allowing BI to play. In these 6 quarters, Dort has only been called for FOUR fouls. I mean, Jones is amazing but we all know if he were covering a player of BI's caliber, he'd have gotten closer to nine or ten. It just happens. When you're blanketing someone, you're going to commit fouls. Then you're going to have to back off a bit. But when no fouls get called Dort can just continue to assault BI and it's all fine.

It also didn't help that the team waited until OKC had a giant lead to start hitting shots. OKC is basically saying "we're taking Ingram out, someone else will have to beat us". If someone would step up, they'd have to change their plans. But our guys were shooting 10% from three with some gorgeous open looks. It's the problem of having only one star.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Franchise
    The entire sales pitch for BI for years has been ''you're gonna need tough shot making like his in the playoffs''

Now we're getting told it's not his fault that he can't make anything happen, he's getting locked up.

What happened to the tough shot making, man? In the playoffs, even.
    When you start making these kind of statements.. Our convos go off the rails. It's a dishonest way to engage others. You're basically making up a position that no one has communicated. I'd like to think you're better than that.

So should I feel sorry for Ingram now?

When you start making these kind of statements.. Our convos go off the rails. It's a dishonest way to engage others. You're basically making up a position that no one has communicated. I'd like to think you're better than that.
    Read the comment immediate above yours.

Let us not forget who is the HC . Throw him under bus too

How is it we shoot so many bricks?

NBA basketball > CJ

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The officiating has been allowing BI to get mauled for 6 straight quarters. Our complaints about the officiating isn't about getting FTs. It's about allowing BI to play. In these 6 quarters, Dort has only been called for FOUR fouls. I mean, Jones is amazing but we all know if he were covering a player of BI's caliber, he'd have gotten closer to nine or ten. It just happens. When you're blanketing someone, you're going to commit fouls. Then you're going to have to back off a bit. But when no fouls get called Dort can just continue to assault BI and it's all fine.

It also didn't help that the team waited until OKC had a giant lead to start hitting shots. OKC is basically saying "we're taking Ingram out, someone else will have to beat us". If someone would step up, they'd have to change their plans. But our guys were shooting 10% from three with some gorgeous open looks. It's the problem of having only one star.
    I didn't feel like they were game planning around Ingram. Yes they are being physical but they aren't really sending double teams against him. Its just 1 on 1 physical playoff basketball and he hasn't responded well so far.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    He's not supposed to be getting locked up. He is supposed to be skilled enough to score more than 4 points in 17 minutes.
    Yep, he should be skilled enough to overcome it. No argument here. No excuses here.

What could help him however is getting him the ball on the move where he doesn't have to play one on one to beat exceptional defense. But If he isn't going to get that trough the coaching scheme, he needs to make more of an effort to be an asset to his team in other areas.

Of course its a tech on BI, of course

The Franchise
    Read the comment immediate above yours.
    Okay, I thought you were referencing my commentary.

That was a normal basketball play on BI. SGA's a flopper, as per.

Okay, I thought you were referencing my commentary.
    Nah, I'm just saying for years that's been the thing for BI, referring to the general arguments surrounding him.

The Franchise
    Nah, I'm just saying for years that's been the thing for BI, referring to the general arguments surrounding him.
    Got it.

Yep, he should be skilled enough to overcome it. No argument here. No excuses here.

What could help him however is getting him the ball on the move where he doesn't have to play one on one to beat exceptional defense. But If he isn't going to get that trough the coaching scheme, he needs to make more of an effort to be an asset to his team in other areas.
    Yeah you're not wrong. They are really good on defense, so its easier said than done. But i do think in the nba you need some guys on your team who can just win 1 on 1 matchups. And BI is supposed to be that guy for us.

Now that I've spent the last several posts ********ting on BI, i will give him some props and say he's come out of the half looking more agressive

Sam Presti showing how to do a blow up and rebuild . This is how it is done.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...t/73391389007/

Guess who is hurt

The Franchise
    Ingram has a tendency to catch and read. Against this team, he has to catch and go.

Ingram supporters ? Where you at now?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Ingram supporters ? Where you at now?
    What are you going on about??

What are you going on about??
    that guy sucks

Thread Information