Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 1 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Willie Green is the best coach on the opposing team every night. Just constantly doing the wrong things at the right time.

All-Star
    WG's irrattional reluctance to trust Jonas in moments when matchups favor him is puzzling. Can anyone in the coaching staff help Willie understand that it's absolutely detrimental to the team's prospects? I couldn't believe my eyes while watching events unfold in the fourth quarter. This coaching was some bush league...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    WG's irrattional reluctance to trust Jonas in moments when matchups favor him is puzzling. Can anyone in the coaching staff help Willie understand that it's absolutely detrimental to the team's prospects? I couldn't believe my eyes while watching events unfold in the fourth quarter. This coaching was some bush league...
    Cheapest coach in the league for a reason.
    This franchise is so cheap.
    When it tells you that they want to win championships, it's lying as everyone knows you need to be a tax team to compete with the big boys.

They just sell you on lies and false hopes to sell enough tickets for the casual fans.

I would take Monty back in a heartbeat.

Why is it that Pels can't figure out how to get the ball to an open JV within 5 feet of the basket. Last game, there were at least three times where our guards were driving at the basket, Homgren comes out to contest/block leaving JV wide open. That's a difference between a win and a loss! The take by TM3 where he was hammered down to the floor was a clear foul but why chance it? Other teams' centers get a lot more uncontested dunks. For that matter, we seem to be able to get open dunks for Nance!!! What's up with that?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    Trey is the reason that I?m perfectly fine with trading BI. Gives you just as much as BI on the defensive end and his defense has vastly improved over the last 3 years. His ceiling on defense vastly exceeds what BI can offer. Offensively, he is a much, much better fit with Zion. I wholeheartedly agree with those proposing a BI for Murray and Capela trade this offseason. Makes a ton of sense for both teams.
    I'd like to know what your expectations are with a squad such as that one? It's clearly not a championship team. Being a lifelong Lakers fan, and now Pels fan, maybe I think differently. Is being a good team that isn't winning a championship good enough for you? Cause that's what that team is that you want.

You don't have an unlimited window with Zion. He's not going to stay in NO playing on a squad like the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I'd like to know what your expectations are with a squad such as that one? It's clearly not a championship team. Being a lifelong Lakers fan, and now Pels fan, maybe I think differently. Is being a good team that isn't winning a championship good enough for you? Cause that's what that team is that you want.

You don't have an unlimited window with Zion. He's not going to stay in NO playing on a squad like the one you want.
    Bingo.

Now we know why you are in love with BI.

Hate to break it to you, but there is no Championship with BI or Zion as your starts pieces.
    Some of us just want a team that is competitive and fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Bingo.

Hate to break it to you, but there is no Championship with BI or Zion as your starts pieces.
    Agree to disagree there.

I do think Zion has shown, across multiple seasons now, alongside different teammates, that he's capable of playing at the A1 level.

He's just not capable of doing so whenever Brandon Ingram is also on the court. And BI, even though he is not capable of playing at that level, is also incapable of reaching his own best self when Zion is on the floor.

Gotta choose one, and since Zion has the less onerous contract and is the better player who plays a style that's easier to build around, he's the obvious one to retain.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agree to disagree there.

I do think Zion has shown, across multiple seasons now, alongside different teammates, that he's capable of playing at the A1 level.

He's just not capable of doing so whenever Brandon Ingram is also on the court. And BI, even though he is not capable of playing at that level, is also incapable of reaching his own best self when Zion is on the floor.

Gotta choose one, and since Zion has the less onerous contract and is the better player who plays a style that's easier to build around, he's the obvious one to retain.
    Yeah sorry....star pieces.

If Zion can develop a floater or a jump shot he will be a star, but until that happens I don't see it.
    I agree one has to go and unfortunately its the guy who has regressed, won't change his shot profile and more importantly his next massive overpay in contract.

I would rather get 80cents in a dollar to add good role players next to Zion (PG and a C) then keep BI.

The Franchise
    Bingo.

Your analysis is overly simplistic. What have I said about Ingram specifically that would indicate I'm harboring a bias, or being irrational. I bet you can't point to a single thing I've said. Start using your brain.

Yes, Zion as a "Star Piece" can get you a championship.

"Some of us just want a team that is competitive".. This say's it all. You don't care about championships. Hopefully your mentality is in the minority among other Pels fans. Here's what I can assure you of. You will never be able to keep talent on this squad with that mentality. It's part of the reason why the Pels haven't achieved anything noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Your analysis is overly simplistic. What have I said about Ingram specifically that would indicate I'm harboring a bias, or being irrational. I bet you can't point to a single thing I've said. Start using your brain.

Yes, Zion as a "Star Piece" can get you a championship.

"Some of us just want a team that is competitive".. This say's it all. You don't care about championships. Hopefully your mentality is in the minority among other Pels fans. Here's what I can assure you of. You will never be able to keep talent on this squad with that mentality. It's part of the reason why the Pels haven't achieved anything noteworthy.
    They haven't been able to achieve anything because they have had cheap owner after cheap owner.
    Think of the talent they have had over the last 20 years and try and tell me with an owner who is willing to spend they wouldn't have exceeded what they did in 2008.

I would love the team to win a championship or atleast compete in a final, but they are cheap with their coaches, cheap with their players and they themselves are happy with being competitive, beacuse this still sells enough tickets.

When I said I am happy with a competative team, I meant v's over paying a B+ player in BI A+ money which will effect the rest of the players like Herb, Trey, Dyson and Hawkins.
    I'd rather they add role players and hope that Zion adds to his game and he will with a clear pecking order at end of game situations (which isn't there now with BI and CJ) and take this team futher than they did in 2008.

The Franchise
    They haven't been able to achieve anything because they have had cheap owner after cheap owner.
    Think of the talent they have had over the last 20 years and try and tell me with an owner who is willing to spend they wouldn't have exceeded what they did in 2008.

I would love the team to win a championship or atleast compete in a final, but they are cheap with their coaches, cheap with their players and they themselves are happy with being competitive, beacuse this still sells enough tickets.

When I said I am happy with a competative team, I meant v's over paying a B+ player in BI A+ money which will effect the rest of the players like Herb, Trey, Dyson and Hawkins.
    I'd rather they add role players and hope that Zion adds to his game and he will with a clear pecking order at end of game situations (which isn't there now with BI and CJ) and take this team futher than they did in 2008.
    Okay.. That makes sense to me.

You'd like a championship quality squad, but it's unrealistic to expect one given the make-up of the ownership. So you would at least like a fun team to watch. I get it.

So, I guess I'll have to accept the fact that this team will never be a championship caliber team because of ownership. That's areal bummer.

The Franchise
    Oh.. and on a Green note, regarding his comments on Ingram.

They just showed a clip on TNT of the Denver coach telling J Murray he needs to find a way to get the bodies off of him. That's a championship coach talking. This is what they're supposed to do.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It has to be on purpose to be as bad as Willie Green. I refuse to believe he isn’t throwing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It has to be on purpose to be as bad as Willie Green. I refuse to believe he isn’t throwing games.
    We already had one banned for life for gambling. We probably will have more .

Nobody feeling sorry for the Lakers! This is great! Then Lebron/Davis presser meltdown made it worse for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Willie do like his money

Thread Information