Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion is out for Fridays game vs Kings

Pelicans Zion is out for Fridays game vs Kings

Via Woj

What a disappointment... when everything seemed to be going well, first we were out of the Playoffs and now we are out of the PlayIN tournament. It's time for real improvement in the summer.

So it was a hamstring injury after all. His reaction didn’t seem as extreme as it did last year when he injured his hamstring in the 76ers game, so I wasn’t sure.

No idea what this team is going to do moving forward. I think one thing we learned this season is that Zion and BI aren’t a good fit together. Now what the market is for either of them, I have no idea.

My guess is that they try to move Brandon and properly build around Zion. Which is a real risky proposition considering his injury history. I’d also be a little worried that he’d be more apt to demand a trade at some point.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    So it was a hamstring injury after all. His reaction didn’t seem as extreme as it did last year when he injured his hamstring in the 76ers game, so I wasn’t sure.

No idea what this team is going to do moving forward. I think one thing we learned this season is that Zion and BI aren’t a good fit together. Now what the market is for either of them, I have no idea.

My guess is that they try to move Brandon and properly build around Zion. Which is a real risky proposition considering his injury history. I’d also be a little worried that he’d be more apt to demand a trade at some point.
    I think they're not a good fit because the coach has them playing one on one iso ball. If they had a coach that installed an offense predicated on ball movement, and player movement off ball there would be no issue.

This could be the next Greg Oden. Best player in the league. But his legs are breaking down.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    This could be the next Greg Oden. Best player in the league. But his legs are breaking down.
    So, you never so Oden play? Zion has already surpassed Oden.

Oden had knee issues. Zion has soft tissue problems. There is a big difference. Unfortunanetely the results so far are not much different. Zion is the better player when healthy though.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Unfortunanetely the results so far are not much different.
    Not sure how someone can say that with a straight face.

Oden had knee issues. Zion has soft tissue problems. There is a big difference. Unfortunanetely the results so far are not much different. Zion is the better player when healthy though.
    Yes . Tissue issues. His legs are likely to give out again and again . It’s not a two week injury as we learned last season .

One solution next season is to only play him in certain games or to wait to play him at end of season like Philly has done with Joel Embiid. Then again he would lose his bonuses so I doubt he agrees to that.

A hammy injury is supper concerning. Hopefully it’s so light that it recovers instantly as it is incredibly easy to re-aggravate that injury

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure how someone can say that with a straight face.
    Sorry, I meant in terms of being injured and not available. Not his ability and results on the court.

Yes . Tissue issues. His legs are likely to give out again and again . It’s not a two week injury as we learned last season .
    Based on history he may have problems going forward. But soft tissue injuries can be mitigated where loss of knee cartilage cannot. I would be super worried if he had multiple injuries to his knee structures. But he has not. I still think he will eventually find a balance that allows him to avoid these injuries.

Based on history he may have problems going forward. But soft tissue injuries can be mitigated where loss of knee cartilage cannot. I would be super worried if he had multiple injuries to his knee structures. But he has not. I still think he will eventually find a balance that allows him to avoid these injuries.
    5 years and counting. Didn’t they even hire him a balance coach? Obviously not working. Eventually it will start effecting his back. The red flags were up before the draft. They going to have to use him sparingly now. That sort of system seems to work for Kawhi and Embiid

Pels need to hire Demario Davis’ private medical team.

5 years and counting. Didn’t they even hire him a balance coach? Obviously not working. Eventually it will start effecting his back. The red flags were up before the draft. They going to have to use him sparingly now. That sort of system seems to work for Kawhi and Embiid
    I don't know how anyone could look at this season and not see progress on his injury risk. He played 70 games. They are on the right track. I actually do have confidence they will find something thay works. Maybe it will just have to be limited minutes early in the year to keep him healthy for this point in the season.

He played 70 games. Players get injured. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He played 70 games. Players get injured. It happens.
    Exactly. Obviously he has injury concerns, nobody would deny that, but this particular incident (it's not even the same hamstring he strained last year, so it's not like it's a single recurring injury every time) is not a sign of some disaster.

BI played fewer games than Zion this season and missed nearly half the season last year too, and absolutely nobody is saying that his body is just crumbling into dust and that he's going to need to be put on limited early season minutes.

Why the imbalance? It's not like this is new for BI either, he's had injury issues - the 64 games he played this year is the most he's played since his rookie season, he's always missing 20 games a year.
    Basketball.

It's like watching Deku got too hard on MHA. They need ti tell him never go full beast mode. Stay at 90% beast mode.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information