Pelicans Report

Thread: One sided officiating

One sided officiating

I am not saying the Pelicans would have beaten the magic had the game been evenly called but it would have been more competitive and fun to watch. Maybe the Pelicans would have had a chance if they weren't playing the magic and the officials. How does the NBA decide on who officiates each game. How does a Orlando Florida official even get to officiate and expect to be non partial. John Conley is the official that I believe ejected the 3 players and made many unfavorable whistles in the game. He is a long time Orlando Florida resident. https://official.nba.com/wp-content/...ohn-Conley.pdf

Wow, did not realize that. Explains how terrible he was last night. I was going nuts at the game with his ticky tack crap against Pels and letting everything go when Zion got assaulted. He also spent a lot of time talking to Mosley, even during TOs when Pels players were asking for explanations.

Was any reason ever given for the ejections at the end of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Was any reason ever given for the ejections at the end of the game?
    Murphy, Jones and Daniels got ejected for complaining about the officiating. I am not sure what they said but with only seconds left in the game the official should have let it go. He was a real jerk.

The officiating in the NBA is the worst in all of sports. No discussion. So much bias and decisions made up on the spot. Other sports have similar but not to this degree

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    The officiating was bad, but it's just one game and one we were in no position to win. I feel like the outrage towards the officials could be saved for another day where I was more concerned about it as opposed to how pitiful our team and coaching is. That being said, Willie should absolutely be more vocal about it.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    The officiating was bad, but it's just one game and one we were in no position to win. I feel like the outrage towards the officials could be saved for another day where I was more concerned about it as opposed to how pitiful our team and coaching is. That being said, Willie should absolutely be more vocal about it.
    BS and more BS , that guy should have been ejected for taking out Z @ the knees. EVERY call that Paolo got,,,, Z did not. If the game was called the same for each side we very well could have been in a position to win.Bad officiating takes you OUT of a position to win , Nuff Said

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    BS and more BS , that guy should have been ejected for taking out Z @ the knees. EVERY call that Paolo got,,,, Z did not. If the game was called the same for each side we very well could have been in a position to win.Bad officiating takes you OUT of a position to win , Nuff Said
    Mmmkay. So what are you going to do about it? Maybe the team will file a complaint. Shaking my fist at the sky hasn't worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Mmmkay. So what are you going to do about it? Maybe the team will file a complaint. Shaking my fist at the sky hasn't worked so far.
    Yeah but not recognizing that and blaming the team does not help either. Of course the team , especially WG has blame but the refs have a big hand in it as well. What really need to happen is that the fans need to truly voice their outrage, except maybe for Lakers fans because they get all the calls. We start a campaign by boycotting 1 game or anything that shows we are fed up. The only way to change anything these days is to hit then in the wallet

This season is probably the worst I've watched in terms of refereeing.

NBA genuinely has the worst officiating. You can make arguments as for why (in fairness I think it is very difficult to officiate), but it is the one sport where they frequently make “vibe” calls and no-calls based on the disparity/atmosphere in the game (hence AD’s infamous “How many calls does Zion have” comment).

Thread Information