Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - 30-22

Pelicans February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - 30-22

Devastating loss last game driven largely by giving up 51 points in the second quarter. Look, I've said before that I think offense is more important than defense (at least in the regular season) but I've also said that you have to still have some baseline defensive competence and 51 points in a quarter is not competent. Need to do better than that.

That said, it's one game - we move on. Tonight we play the 15-36 Trailblazers.

They're 29th in Offense, 21st in Defense, resulting in being 26th overall. They're 2-5 over their last 7 games, but had a few wins before that so they've proven they can string some wins together if given the opportunity and some of those wins have been vs Philly and Milwaukee, so not easy targets by any means.

Pelicans are going to have to show a lot of heart to come back on the second game of a back to back and recoup that loss in Portland; I know the team can do it, but will they?

Let's find out.
    Basketball.

Which one of our 'Top Three' will be held out tonight because of 'Load Management'?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Which one of our 'Top Three' will be held out tonight because of 'Load Management'?
    They all better play. ********s getting old.

That's what they've released so far

OUT
    Dyson Daniels (left knee soreness)

QUESTIONABLE
    Zion Williamson (left foot bone contusion)
    Naji Marshall (back spasms)
    Trey Murphy (left knee tendinitis)
    Cody Zeller (left knee soreness)

Whelp, Max is 'resting' tonight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Whelp, Max is 'resting' tonight.
    Posters might ignore you less if you could use proper names.

Would like to see Trey do something good. Getting a bit concerned with his “slump”.

Pretty good half for Trey. Just sit CJ out for the second half. Let him "rest".

Really missing Dyson a lot.

I think we can see why Hawk is not playing.

CJ is 1-10 and a +12. I wish people would quit using that stat so much as if it really means something most of the time. He's been horrible all game.

Update: Finished 2-14 and a +22. Often a very ridiculous stat.
    Last edited by donato; 02-10-2024 at 11:20 PM.

I'd sign Killian Hayes to a 10 Day yesterday!! We need a point guard so bad!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    A couple of big 3s from Naji and JV playing well is why the Pelicans have a lead

Win is a win. On to the next one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pels win 93 - 84, you dont see that type of score much anymore

Not that I was looking hard for him, but I didn't see Max on the bench tonight. I could be mistaken.

DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

This is going to determine how far the Pelicans go. Pels are so inconsistent shooting 3s but effort on D + rebounding should always be there.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    This is going to determine how far the Pelicans go. Pels are so inconsistent shooting 3s but effort on D + rebounding should always be there.
    My sentiment entirely.

My sentiment entirely.
    Oh look. One bad game and the troll returns. You've didn't bother to drop by after we beat the Clippers, but you sure didn't hesitate to come back after the Lakers game. Pels surely could do without "fans" like you.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    All I know is the Pels need a backup big in the worst way and probably a PG, because as much as we love Larry and Jose, they are starting to get dominated more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    All I know is the Pels need a backup big in the worst way and probably a PG, because as much as we love Larry and Jose, they are starting to get dominated more often than not.
    Can't believe with PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford both available for cheap that we didn't look into one of those guys.

I will take ugly win over nice loss every single day. Let”s move on and finish this road trip strong.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I simply can't stand being falsely accused of any wrongdoing and the obvious inequity in application of the 'rules'. But as was written yesterday by someone in the forum about me (and, again, unprovoked): "TYPICAL THOUGH".
    You’re okay with me bruh. This forum has a variety of different opinions and views whether the team is doing well or not and I love that.

Larry is averaging 3 points, 4 boards and zero blocks on 20+ minutes a game in February.

Gafford had 19 points, 9 boards and 1 block in 17 minutes in his Dallas debut.

Griff: "nothing to see here. move along..."

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Larry is averaging 3 points, 4 boards and zero blocks on 20+ minutes a game in February.

Gafford had 19 points, 9 boards and 1 block in 17 minutes in his Dallas debut.

Griff: "nothing to see here. move along..."
    It's one game from Gafford. Let's see after 5 games if he was worth what they gave up.

Remember the Pels needed to match salaries (Gaffords 12M) so that would mean losing a core piece and not adding Gafford for scraps.

Thread Information