Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 26-20

They're winning the same way Milwaukee did. We're not shooting enough 3's. They've got 6 more threes on 14 more attempts, so 18 more points. And we're tied.

Willie green need to do better just call a time out when the Celtics start cooking bro it’s simple WTH

Fire Willie trade Dyson bruh this is ridiculous

Willie needs to coach. He is over there like he's given up.

Dyson is non existent on offense bruh is garbage

Dyson =wasted #6 pick

Where are our 3 point shooters?

Willie and Dyson is the reason we lost he is two liabilities basketball is about putting the ball in the hole why is anyone on the court who won’t try to score no matter what

Just tuned in , where is Hawk??

I?m not a willie hater, but Dyson in the 4th and switch everything down the stretch was asking lose.

Basketball Guru
    33-18 4th quarter...

they sold me out....something wrong with this team..

In today's NBA if you don't have at least 3-4 very good 3pt shooters you ain't got a chance

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Welp. Same problem with closing games. The Pelicans just cant get to the extra gear in the clutch minutes. It feels like the issue is more about mentality than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    In today's NBA if you don't have at least 3-4 very good 3pt shooters you ain't got a chance
    You can have ten and it wouldn't matter if we don't play them. Its time for Hawk to see crunch time minutes over guys like Naji and Dyson.

Did Jonas even play in the 4th? Why did we go with Nance who is minus-12?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't get the Dyson hate, though yes, his offense needs to get better. I'm far more tired of CJ's horrible defense. I get a lot of that is his physical limitations, but if he's not having a great scoring night, he's a liability on the court.

Not nowhere near Dyson before defense basketball is about putting the ball in the hole Dyson refuses to even look at the hoop that’s a liability when you playing 4 on 5

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't get the Dyson hate, though yes, his offense needs to get better. I'm far more tired of CJ's horrible defense. I get a lot of that is his physical limitations, but if he's not having a great scoring night, he's a liability on the court.
    Dyson is a liability on offense . HE CAN'T FREAKING SHOOT if his shot goes in it's a surprise

Trey Murphy hype went to his head he only wants to shoot from 40 ft idc who you is if you ain’t curry or dame thats a bad shot yet he shoots them all game we got bout 5 players worth a damn thats z bi hawk cj herb and Val

This man Dyson won’t drive or nun

Because he can take and make threes. At least he takes them. Dyson wont even shoot. Most of the stats across the board are the same, Except they made 7 more threes on 11 more attempts. As we've said over and over, we need more OFFENSIVE 3 point shooters. Trey still in his slump, and Hawk only saw 9 minutes, all in the first half, and only took two shots. Trey played 28 minutes to Hawk's 9, and got 4 REBS to Hawk's 3. Hawk if more active on the defensive end than Trey is for sure.

CJ has been awesome for us he is having the best year of his career. And he stone walled Jrue on defense in 1 on 1 iso. You're out here hating on one of our best players and caping for a guy who routinely puts up 0 point games with double digit minutes on the floor.

Trey going 3-10 from beyond the arc and Hawkins going 0 - 2, that's going to make it hard to win. CJ was 1 of 5, BI 2 of 8. Herb was the only guy who shot it well

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Again, if CJ is off he's a black hole chucker and a huge liability on defense. Tonight 1-5 from 3 and 4 turnovers. Boston was going at him all game because it was too easy to score on him.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Trey going 3-10 from beyond the arc and Hawkins going 0 - 2, that's going to make it hard to win. CJ was 1 of 5, BI 2 of 8. Herb was the only guy who shot it well
    And yet, we still didn't shoot enough threes.

Thread Information