Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: January 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - 25-17

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Max 197 doesn't have one rebound...not a one. He's such a liability on the defensive end.
    I’m so tired of these Beta players. Anytime someone punches them they coward up like their head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    He also played most of his minutes in the first quarter, when the Suns DIDNT MISS, and most of the second quarter he played with 2 fouls, so couldn't be battling under the basket for rebounds.

CONTEXT matters.
    Look if you want to be his apologist fine, but get it right. BI played the first 10 minutes of the first quarter. Wanna guess who leads the starters in negative +/-.

Yeah this thing is over.......

So...We get destroyed by the Clippers, Nuggets, and Suns.

That's not a good confidence booster

I just don't get it. I just don't. What are we missing? Why can't we be an elite team?

You all keep preaching starting Herb because of his defense.

Is there a point to all of this if he is giving up 40+ to the guys he's guarding in Booker and Irving?

Isn't the whole point of starting your shooting guard for the Pelicans who averages a low 8-12 points a game is for his defense?

I need someone to make this make sense for me.

Hall of Famer
    Booker is cooking them

Jeez

1:30 left in the 3rd and Max 197 finally gets a board.

HORRAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    So...We get destroyed by the Clippers, Nuggets, and Suns.

That's not a good confidence booster

I just don't get it. I just don't. What are we missing? Why can't we be an elite team?
    Because the team doesn't have any stars. BI and Zion just aren't and that's evident against good teams.

Stars I mean top 20-30.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Look if you want to be his apologist fine, but get it right. BI played the first 10 minutes of the first quarter. Wanna guess who leads the starters in negative +/-.
    I was waiting for you to bring up the negative +/-, when he's been better than almost everyone else on the team in +/- for the past 8-10 games. For example, the last game we lost, vs the Mavericks, Zion was a PLUS 6. What was Ingram? A MINUS 19.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Because the team doesn't have any stars. BI and Zion just aren't and that's evident against good teams.

Stars I mean top 20-30.
    I agree.

So what do we do?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I was waiting for you to bring up the negative +/-, when he's been better than almost everyone else on the team in +/- for the past 8-10 games. For example, the last game we lost, vs the Mavericks, Zion was a PLUS 6. What was Ingram? A MINUS 19.
    He is who he is....

You see a superstar; I see half a ball player (AT BEST).

Is this team Ja Morant's baby or Booker's?

A fish out of water on the defensive end!!!

16 Points off the bench until garbage time. Where's all that depth they talk about?

I'd put Hawkins in the starting lineup and let MAX 197 run with the second unit:

MAX 197
    3M3
    LNJ
    Dyson
    ...and rotate BI, Hawk, Matt Ryan and CJ with that unit.

The Franchise
    You never let one player beat you and this seems to be the common denominator with these recent losses.
    In addition, to poor 3 point shooting and just looking out of the sync from the get go and never recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    You never let one player beat you and this seems to be the common denominator with these recent losses.
    In addition, to poor 3 point shooting and just looking out of the sync from the get go and never recovering.
    I've been saying it forever. You win on the defensive end.

We play decent team defense, but we can't man up because there are too many weak links defensively in this lineup which means we can be broken down.

If you had the choice between Booker or Herb Jones to be in your starting 5, who would you choose?

If you choose Booker because he’s better at offense, then why are you not for starting Hawkins over Herb?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If you had the choice between Booker or Herb Jones to be in your starting 5, who would you choose?

If you choose Booker because he’s better at offense, then why are you not for starting Hawkins over Herb?
    Did you just compare Hawkins to Booker?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Did you just compare Hawkins to Booker?
    Was baiting for someone to ask me that even though the person asking me the question knows good and well that?s not the point of my question.

The point was, if you?re choosing Booker (better offense than Herb), then how come you?re not choosing to start Hawkins over Herb (better offense than Herb)?

But you already knew the point of my question, huh?

-

But as expected, the person answering the question ignores the entire question all together
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 01-19-2024 at 10:11 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Was baiting for someone to ask me that even though the person asking me the question knows good and well that?s not the point of my question.

The point was, if you?re choosing Booker (better offense than Herb), then how come you?re not choosing to start Hawkins over Herb (better offense than Herb)?

-

But as expected, the person answering the question ignores the entire question all together
    Bro the team is just soft. They are extremely soft because they have a soft head coach. They been soft for years. Stan couldn’t stand how soft they are and now it shows every time they play someone who isn’t afraid to go at them. They are just a soft bunch of dudes. They hug and kiss each other and wear skinny jeans to the games. This team is just not made of men.

I don’t ever what to hear we are a top team in the west. We will be lucky to get 8 seed .

Unless we are playing the Kings. We are not getting out of 1st round if we do make it

-

This question shouldn't even include Hawkins ....
    Trey should start over Herb!

CJ, BI, JV, Trey, Zion starters

Alverado, Herb, Hawkins, then
    Nance, Daniels, Naji, if needed
    the rest of the roster.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

����**♂️

Thread Information