Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hoops attendance

come on weather....

you're slacking

i'm pretty sure that the registration process as of now is the same as it is on sr.com, you have to register, then follow a user-specific link in an e-mail sent to the specified address...

so if isn't mark packer, it has to be some one who has access to his account.

just for fun:
    :godance:

Originally posted by WeatherNLU

Yeah Spong, but if he gives it out on the air, anyone could have it.

Also, being a radio personality you'd think he'd have better access than RoadRunner internet. VOMIT!
    Yeah, but you'd have to have access to that e-mail address to complete registration.

I'm sitting here with dial-up and no prospects of broadband anytime soon so I can't say anything about RoadRunner

Originally posted by DJ_Tet
    BTW Is he getting banned?
    No way. He's too much fun.

Draft Pick
    I noticed he didnt mention LSU in his reference anywhere. New Orleans is primarily an LSU town before Tulane or UNO. Anyone who doesnt know that is an idiot. Hey Pack, an LSU-Tulane baseball game will out-sell the Charlotte Hornets too! Actually, a weekday LSU baseball game against Southeastern outsold you guys as well.

This might be a better opportunity to get his message out. From what I understand, our 300+ members are probably more people than probably listen to him on his 3.5 watt radio station.

Banned
    "I have been thru it. It happened with the Jazz."

I don't doubt that. You didn't go to your team's website and get berated by Salt Lake City fans though. You got to mourn on your own. I really don't think any New Orleans people should be on the Charlotte board, since it's obvious most of them could care less about the team until it is theirs.

BTW The Hornets won a big one tonight in Milwaukee, Mash looked great in his debut. The whole team just looked re-energized. I'm hoping for a strong push now for the playoffs. As wide open as the East is, any of the eight teams in the playoffs could go to the Finals. Once we get David Wesley back, our team is STACKED. Best Center in the East, great rebounder in PJ, three guys that can go for 20 a game, and a bench that includes Nailon, George Lynch, Jamaal Magloire, and Stacey Augmon. Man it's just starting to get fun. It's a shame we had these injuries, I was hoping for a division championship this year.

"Primetime" Radio Host
    Man, you guys are sensitive.

I thought all those losing years of Saints football would have toughened you up a little bit....I guess I was wrong.

By the way, I didn't rip off your Hornets sign....I picked it up off the trash heap in the streets of your fine city. Even the name Hornets was misspelled...that was a nice touch.

I've played poker before...in your town during the Super Bowl at Harrahs...So far, it looks like I've made more $$$ in Nawlins than Wooldridge and Shinn.

By the way, what is the land value in Harvey ? I assume you have quality schools, roads and electricity ?

Good luck reaching the 3,000 plateau....it should be any week now. By the way, I loved the Business VP's reaction ..."I might have misunderstood the importance and magnitude of Mardi Gras...."

It is how you market your market....Hopefully Ray will write the check for all the tickets.

Good luck New Orleans....and don't be so sensitive....You live in a great city.

Originally posted by DJ_Tet
    I really don't think any New Orleans people should be on the Charlotte board, since it's obvious most of them could care less about the team until it is theirs.

If that is your theory, then why are you here?

Point taken DJ. I went to that board (the old one) before this one existed. I like getting the Charlotte spin. Even if I don't agree with it. That is not what makes me mad. Idiots attacking New Orleans and it's people for no reason. We did not cause this. I still like to get the CLT spin. It is entertaining and sometimes educating. There are lot of things about the team, city and it's owners that I did not know.

Originally posted by Mark Packer

By the way, I didn't rip off your Hornets sign....I picked it up off the trash heap in the streets of your fine city. Even the name Hornets was misspelled...that was a nice touch.

Dude, you probably picked up a Lucky Dog sign. H-O-T D-O-G-S not H-O-R-N-E-T-S

Banned
    "If that is your theory, then why are you here?"

1. I like talking about the Hornets, and if this is where they are going I think you guys should know what type of team you are actually getting.

2. If I have to read Harvey's posts (and I do, since he is all over the Charlotte board), I'd rather read what he has to say here. Contrary to popular believe on the Charlotte boards, he actually knows a little bit about basketball

3. One of my posts was posted over here, so I took it as an invitation. If you want I can leave, it really won't hurt my feelings.

By the way, what is the land value in Harvey ? I assume you have quality schools, roads and electricity ?
    Suburb, exactly 6 miles from the arena. You guess. The private schools my kids go to are great and in New Orleans. The new elevated expressway that drops me off right next to the Hornets new arena is awesome. Believe it or not, we do have electricity. Thanks for asking and being so concerned.

"Good luck New Orleans....and don't be so sensitive....You live in a great city."

if i remember correctly, sir packer, you called the city a "dump"

oh, wait. i do.

----- Original Message -----
    To: Brad C.
    Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 6:29 AM
    Subject: Re: NewOrleansHornets.com

We checked out their efforts last week when we were in that dump....Packman.

way to back off under pressure. i thought you were tougher than that.
    Last edited by westbank chris; 02-18-2002 at 11:34 PM.

"Primetime" Radio Host
    Actually, "Westbank"...Compared to Charlotte...Nawlins is a dump.

packer, it really is a shame that the kid from indiana didn't have somebody a little more respected in the community to organize his night of remembrance.

it's been fun, mark. but i'm finished. you can play by yourself, you big important radio guy, you.

Banned
    I wouldn't take it personally Chris. Hell compared to Charlotte Atlanta is a dump. Charlotte is an obscenely clean city. It might be the biggest suburb on the planet.

Actually, "Westbank"...Compared to Charlotte...Nawlins is a dump.
    I'm sure all 13 of your listeners will be proud of you for posting that one. The good news is that most people know you your judgement is poor and we would hope you'd feel that way about us. Lets compare our dump to the palace of Charlotte when we are hosting the Hornets games in the new arena next season. The NFL just loves to bring it's prized possesion to our dump on a regular basis, along with multitudes of other companies who hold conventions here. The NBA will really like playing it's All Star game in this dump too.

Banned
    Anyway, when I visited New Orleans about 10 years ago with my parents, we had a great time. Except for the allys that the store owners warned us not to go down and the bums spitting on rags and "washing" the windshields. Anyway, New Orleans nightlife is incredible, perhaps unrivaled. It doesn't mean the city isn't a dump. Oh well, one thing New Orleans does have over Charlotte and most other cities for that matter is personality. I would bet that most people on the planet would know about New Orleans, where Charlotte will never be more than a blip in this nation, much less the world.

"Primetime" Radio Host
    "Westbank"....are you taking your ball and going home ? Is it past your bedtime ?

Actually, the "kid" wasn't from Indiana, and the largest Friday night crowd of the Hornets season showed up to honor him.

By the way, nice touch headlining my appearance on your boards.
    Perhaps the CharlotteHornets.com can reciprocate when you log on and declare...."Westbank Chris is on the board".

On a serious note, does Buddy D ever make an appearance on this board ?

Thanks for all of the responses....I love stirring the pot with you crazy cajuns.

This board is great, and I love how you guys respond...if it doesn't work out in Charlotte....I really do hope it ends up in Nawlins.
    Last edited by Mark Packer; 02-18-2002 at 11:20 PM.

it wasn't taken personally tet.

i know new orleans has its many faults, one of those being that, especially in the touristy areas, it can be filthy. it's also a lot poorer than most of the country. but as far as culture and personality, it can't be beat.

i actually spent three weeks in the charlotte area (davidson) and thought it was very nice.

just not my kind of city, though. but i still haven't found out what that "kind" actually is, because i've been everywhere, and i still can't really imagine living anywhere but new orleans.

also, allow me to reiterate what i said earlier: my problem is not with what packer is posting, but rather who is posting.

packer, as i said, i am going to stop trading insults with you.

i just wanted to make this post so you would know i had nothing to do with you being on the front page.

Actually, the "kid" wasn't from Indiana, and the largest Friday night crowd of the Hornets season showed up to honor him.
    Thanks for the scoop, Fudge. Sounds like you are proud of 13K on a Friday night in a city desperately trying to convince the NBA to allow them a hostile take over. Why should they let the team move into a brand new arena with all the revenue streams in place and guaranteed revenues for the next 10 years when there are 13K showing up for their "night to shine" in CLT. Glad you like "stirring" us up, but I think we hold the bragging rights on that one. You are the ones with everything to lose and we are more than happy to assist.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 02-18-2002 at 11:34 PM.

On the subject of "Primetime with the Packman", I'm thankful that your control room guy doesn't have to 'beep' out the words 'suck', '******' and 'nascar' from your callers otherwise you could rename the show "5 hours with R2D2".

And what's with this QCB guy? Does that stand for Queen City Bore? I've heard funnier material on Hollywood Squares.

And I was the one who put the link to this thread on the front page. It's comedy gold.

"Primetime" Radio Host
    Thanks for the headline....I'll give you some props tomorrow on the show, and I'll make sure your site gets mentioned.

As for QCB...I don't understand a word he says...kind of like Buddy D when he gets sauced....I love Buddy D, he's an institution in N.O....I've got to get some sleep.

Good night, boys.

Thanks for the headline....I'll give you some props tomorrow on the show, and I'll make sure your site gets mentioned.
    If all his listeners sign up for the site, we may actually pick up another 3-4 people.

Thread Information