Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hoops attendance

having spent quite a bit of time in both cities, i can assure you, atlanta is much more like charlotte than new orleans.

i find it odd that people who couldn't keep a team for more than 14 years feel the need to tell us our long-term chances of keeping a team.

charlotte is "better?" what kind of crap is that? do banks determine who is "better?"

i guess being a big, uninteresting, sprawled-out blob (like atlanta) doesn't mean anything in this comparison, huh?

Originally posted by Malaysak1982
    The Hornets used to lead the league in game attendance...
    I'll share a story about "used to" with you. Not very long ago, there was a very dignified and powerful man named Ronald Reagan who was president of the United States. He was smart and healthy. That is how he USED TO be. Today he craps his pants and does not know who he is. So...... how many USED TO go to Hornet games? What is attendance today?

Harvey, that was a low blow to the EX PRES.

What are we doing today? you ask

Drawing a sellout crowd tonight.

If you ask the same ? tomorrow if won't be the same but, for tonight we will be leading the league in attendance !

Hey Willke, Ron was my man. One of my favorite Presidents. But facts is facts. If you crap your pants, you crap your pants. If CLT does not support the Hornets, then they don't support them. Yesterday means nothing. Tonights game will be a quick yesterday for you too. You are right, business as usual once the Lakers leave town. Bet you nearly half the crowd tonight is pulling for the Lakers anyway. If you guys only got 10K for this game like you get for the rest, I think the relocation commitee would approve overnight and they would play the rest of this seasons games in NO too. Tonights attendance means absolutely nothing.

Banned
    I listened to Packers show today and he suggested we visit this site. That was the only reason we found ourselves on your site. I understand the hostility the people of and around Old Orleans have towards the city and people of Charlotte. The people there come up with all of these excuses, whining about "Well banks don't mean everything" but face it. edited

Draft Pick
    Originally posted by whinerbob
    I listened to Packers show today and he suggested we visit this site. That was the only reason we found ourselves on your site. I understand the hostility the people of and around Old Orleans have towards the city and people of Charlotte. The people there come up with all of these excuses, whining about "Well banks don't mean everything" but face it. edited
    Thanks for the team!

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Dude, "Old Orleans" is in France and it is called Orleans (Orleyon - don't pronounce the "n") Don't be so corny.

Time for some football!!!

if you are really the infamous packer...then what was the name of that guy you were mugging with outside of the bourbon pub??? who ??? who i say??? WHO WAS IT!!! p.s that was really gross and i would appreciate it if next time you would get a room

"Primetime" Radio Host
    It looks like there is a new twist to the Hornets story.

Tonight on "PrimeTime", I reported that Bruton Smith has expressed an interest to purchase the Orlando Magic.

For the uneducated, that would be you folks in New Orleans, Bruton is a big-time player in the world of automobile dealerships (Sonic Automotive) and NASCAR (multiple tracks throughout the country used on the circuit).

His interest in the Magic certainly adds to the intrigue of the Hornets future and for David Stern and the NBA.

More details later....

By the way, I must congratulate the locals for stepping up this week...over 4,000 tickets sold. Very impressive...if you're Tulane.

Spongey...you get props for the picture of the hamburgler with the trash under his arm...I loved it...Solid work....funny as hell.

By the way, when are some of you cajuns going to have the guts to call the show ? We would love to hear your takes on the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS....I'll look forward to the calls...1-866-570-9610....By the way that is a toll free number...Enjoy the weekend.

Rant

OK, Mark. Please!!! Cajuns live in Acadiana which is around Lafayette, LA which is 130 miles outside of New Orleans. Although there are a few Cajuns that live in New Orleans most of the French that settled in New Orleans were not expelled from Canada after the French and Indian War and are thus not Cajuns. You might know that the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's sports teams are called the 'Ragin' Cajuns'. Sorry, Dude, just couldn't take it anymore.
    It will be easy, we'll use the computer!
    - Dr. Strangelove

Because all you of Earth - are IDIOTS!
    - Plan Nine From Outer Space

Now you've done it - you bunch of inbred, Creole miscreants. You've succeeded in getting my dander up.

You couldn't just leave it as a matter of civic pride, could you? No, you had to make it personal.

As a fan, let me share with you a few facts about The Packman...

• He is a proven entity, and has already forgotten more about sales/marketing than any of you yahoos will ever know!
    • From his underpowered radio station, his syndicated show commands the number one audience in his target demographic.
    • As an exemplary host, he has developed an extremely loyal following.
    • Although largely spontaneous and caller-driven, his five-hour slot remains consistently entertaining.
    • More important than impressing you or me, Mark has garnered the respect of his media peers.
    • The biggest names in the world of sports clamor to appear on "PrimeTime"!
    ...The fact of the matter is: you're all just jealous. Admit it. You'd gladly give your left etouffe to be in Packman's shoes.

You all make me sick.

Draft Pick
    Originally posted by Plausibly Live
    Now you've done it - you bunch of inbred, Creole miscreants. You've succeeded in getting my dander up.

You couldn't just leave it as a matter of civic pride, could you? No, you had to make it personal.

• He is a proven entity, and has already forgotten more about sales/marketing than any of you yahoos will ever know!
    • From his underpowered radio station, his syndicated show commands the number one audience in his target demographic.
    • Although largely spontaneous and caller-driven, his five-hour slot remains consistently entertaining.
    • More important than impressing you or me, Mark has garnered the respect of his media peers.
    ...The fact of the matter is: you're all just jealous. Admit it. You'd gladly give your left etouffe to be in Packman's shoes.

You all make me sick.

Um, okaaaaaaay.

You all make me sick.

Let me share one fact about Fudge Packer with you. He won't be talking about the Charlotte Hornets next season. The team is moving to New Orleans. I guarandamntee it!!!

Now you've done it - you bunch of inbred, Creole miscreants.
    Thanks for not saying Cajun miscreants.

Draft Pick

News A couple of words for Mark Packer

Marc Packer,will you ever find a high profile job worthy of your own distinction instead of living off of daddy's rep. Packman if you had some worth while press knowledge you might relize that your journey in life hasn't covered much pal! I've followed some of your work throughout your short term and I am not impressed. I too, represent the media and you are not good representation for the field that we are in. If your dad Bill read some of the crap you put on these community message boards he'd put you over his lap as he did when you were little give the same spanking that he gave you then as a little boy. Grow up! Represent our job with respect and make your dad and all of us in the business proud for a chance!
    Last edited by N.O.HornetsFan; 02-26-2002 at 12:46 AM.
    SportsGuyofDaSouth

Draft Pick

News A couple of words for Mark Packer

Marc Packer,will you ever find a high profile job worthy of your own distinction instead of living off of daddy's rep. Packman if you had some worth while press knowledge you might relize that your journey in life hasn't covered much pal! I've followed some of your work throughout your short term and I am not impressed. I too, represent the media and you are not good representation for the field that we are in. If your dad Bill read some of the crap you put on these community message boards he'd put you over his lap as he did when you were little give the same spanking that he gave you then as a little boy. Grow up! Represent our job with respect and make your dad and all of us in the business proud for a chance!
    Last edited by N.O.HornetsFan; 02-26-2002 at 12:47 AM.

Yes, I'm sure Billy is quite ashamed of his son, the self-made media mogul. Point well taken.

Gee... The way you repeat yourself... Jim Rome, is that you?!?

Re: A couple of words for Marc Packer

Originally posted by N.O.HornetsFan
    Marc Packer,will you ever find a high profile job worthy of your own distinction instead of living off of daddy's rep. Packman if you had some worth while press knowledge you might relize that your journey in life hasn't covered much pal! I've followed some of your work throughout your short term and I am not impressed. I too, represent the media and you are not good representation for the field that we are in. If your dad Bill read some of the crap you put on these community message boards he'd put over his lap as he did when you were little give the same spanking that he gave you then as a little boy. Grow up! Represent our job with respect and make your dad and all of us in the business proud for a chance!
    I hope you have a great editor...lots of grammar mistakes in there for a media type like yourself. And I wouldn't say that he has lived off his daddy....In all honestly, his "daddy" isn't much liked around this area. And in fact, Mark isn't the least bit afraid to tell his "daddy" to go to "h***"...Is that wrong? Maybe so, but proves the point that he isn't riding his "daddy's coat tails as you guys so claim. What is that phrase that I hear so often on here?....Oh Yeah...."Wake me when you have some real news...."...Are the Hornets coming to NO?...YES...Has Mark Packer gotten you guys riled?...YES....Does Mark Packer care about the Horntes?...NO...In a given day, the Hornets make up about 10 minutes of his 5 hours on the show and 75% of that is ragging them so don't worry about him being able to continue after the Hornets leave....

congrats on getting the Hornets NO....I wish you guys well.

Originally posted by Sambo

Thanks for not saying Cajun miscreants.
    This may be the finniest thing I've read on this board all week.

Hall of Famer

As a fan, let me share with you a few facts about The Packman

Let me guess, you're Mark's mother, aren't you. I'm sorry I called your son a troll. Mrs. Packer. I promise to play nice, Ma'am. Mark's a fine young man and you should be very proud of him.

From his underpowered radio station, his syndicated show commands the number one audience in his target demographic.
    Whatever that is.

More important than impressing you or me, Mark has garnered the respect of his media peers.
  21. The biggest names in the world of sports clamor to appear on "PrimeTime"!
Whoever they are.

The fact of the matter is: you're all just jealous. Admit it.
Or would be if we had career aspirations such as your son's.

You all make me sick.
I'm sorry. Maybe you should take tomorrow off, and if you don't feel better see a doctor. Thank you for visiting our board, Ma'am.

Ahhhhh, yeah

Maybe they need to see a proctoligist. They sound like they are iligitamate *******s.

Draft Pick
    I don't believe in getting in to all the bickering. But I want you to know where I am on this. I love the Charlotte Hornets, and I know you guys are pumped about getting them, if it happens. Good luck, I mean that. But understand, you have, what, 3 years, 4? Then you will see what it means to have Shinn there. He doesn't care about the team. He doesn't care about winning. He doesn't care if anyone here or there likes it. The team will be stripped or players will be traded over and over again.

3 or 4 years from now, there will be no Baron Davis, even if they stay here. We have learned to live with that. In a few years, no more David Wesley. I think Jamal Mashburn will be there, but he is signed for 5 more years.

Good luck. I mean it. If you get this team, pull for them. They deserve it. But don't love them, because all the players you love will be gone. I promise.
    Last edited by Topper; 02-26-2002 at 11:16 AM.

So what. New team, new players, etc I don't care. New Orleans getting an NBA team, that I care about. Besides with Free Agency players change teams all the time. The Hornets have put a respectable team out for you for many years. You should have been happy to have it. We are behind our Saints through 21 yrs before our 1st winning season ,a 1-15 season in 1980 and being the last team to win a playoff game that finally came in 2000. My point is if you are a fan you stick with your team no matter what!
    Last edited by pistol #7; 02-27-2002 at 01:54 AM.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

Draft Pick
    Dude,

You forgot about Hayseed and the QCB !! HOW COULD YOU???

Roses are red, violets are blue......
    New Orleans sucks and George and Ray do too!!

You all make me sick.

All-Star

Re: Hoops attendance

Originally posted by Mark Packer

However, the city of New Orleans has been less than impressive with only 2,000+ tickets sold for their NBA efforts to date.
    Just wanting to make sure we remember what idiots write.

• Thread Information