Pelicans Report

Thread: February 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Indiana Pacers - 26-33

Pelicans February 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Indiana Pacers - 26-33

We are back, after a long and very dramatic all-star break filled with rumours, revelations, and ridiculous media appearances. Dell Demps has been let go, and Danny Ferry is serving as interim GM. He has spoken out saying that, to meet league expectations, AD will play but his minutes will be very much reduced, and we should also expect to see a reduction in Jrue's minutes to account for how much he's played already. Along with that, E'twaun Moore is currently expected to play only every other game, and Ferry has announced his intention to have Kenrich, Frank, and Jah play more minutes per game. This is, of course, very good!

Not as good as AD being sent home, but right now I'll take what we can get. It at least sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

Tonight we take on the 38-20 Indiana Pacers, who had won 6 of their last 7 heading into all-star break, including a 109-107 victory against us! None of their wins have been against massively impressive teams (LAL, LAC, CLE, CHO, MIA), but given that we aren't a massively impressive team right now, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. As long as AD only plays 20-25 minutes, and Jrue's minutes come down to 25-30, I wouldn't see this being a win. That's good, because we are fully engaged in the tank, and the tanking is going well: we are currently only 1.5 games behind Washington for 7th, which is a spot that comes with a 32% chance to get a top 4 pick.

There's also the chance that tonight will be kind of fun, given that AD shouldn't play too much. If the majority of the game can be Jrue leading the young guys to gritty, hustling play like we saw before AD started playing again, I'll be happy.

Let's go!
    Basketball.

Seeing AD actually make good plays now makes me mad.

Go home.

Good seeing Elfrid though. Wouldn't mind resigning him next season, as long as it's cheap.

AD has now played 7 minutes in this first quarter.

SIT HIM.

We JUST got told by Ferry that minutes would be down for AD.

AD is on pace to play 36 minutes. 9 in the first quarter.

For god's sake Gentry.

Cant believe we're up 35-24 after one.

Half time. Thank God AD didn't play more after his initial 10 minutes straight. Somehow we're up by basically 20, having scored 70+ in the first half. We're shooting 65/66/68 splits as a team, which is kind of absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We JUST got told by Ferry that minutes would be down for AD.

AD is on pace to play 36 minutes. 9 in the first quarter.

For god's sake Gentry.
    A genius plan from Gentry...

Play him the first 9 minutes- the commissioner watches the first 10 minutes of the game and says "great, they are playing AD, now I can turn this game off and go back to thinking up more ways to disadvantage small market teams"

Little does he know Gentry sits AD remainder of the game (we hope)

Hopefully we play well in the 3rd and then crumble in the 4th to complete the tank job. Love the energy from the guys.
    "The lunatic is in the hall. The lunatics are in my hall.
    The paper holds their folded faces to the floor. And every day the paper boy brings more. "
    Pink Floyd -- Brain Damage

so how awkward does this thing get if we actually make it into the playoffs (yes Ik it's highly unlikely) lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

how useless is Moore if he isn't scoring man wow

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    so how awkward does this thing get if we actually make it into the playoffs (yes Ik it's highly unlikely) lmao

If we make it into the playoffs I'm going to think very hard about flying to the US and punching Silver.

Pacers are getting away with a lot of stuff. Our guys are getting beat up and the refs could care less.

Diallo needs to get back in the game.

All-Star
    what an amazing turnaround.

Why don't I remember who Johnson is?

Oh he's the guy we got in the Niko trade. I keep thinking of the Niko trade as 4 2nds. I forgot we got a player too. Lol

Good game. Sucks to see it slip away, but I can't be mad because tank!

Diallo had a 16pt 18rbd game haha, wow.

Annoyed at Okafor only getting 18 minutes or something though

gotta say the pacers complained enough that they got all of the call bit hey whatever the pels get techs if the complain enough lol

I’m all in on the stealth tank. I love watching the young guys play.

"Your Team Hates You!" >clap<….. >clap<…..>clap< >clap< >clap<…..

Great effort and good first half. Good lesson for the Young guys. #NbaDraft

Thread Information