Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Demps is Gone Pecan! {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Mike Zarren should be at the top of the list. Especially if we are dealing with Boston this offseason who knows Ainge best?
    Kind of how Derek Jeter took over in Miami and immediately trades Giancarlo Stanton to the Yankees? I'm not sure I want someone with a personal history with Ainge handling this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I sincerely hope Griffin and Dumars aren't the best we can do.
    I know. 2 guys who won championships as gm’s would further ruin our brand
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 02-15-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Mike Zarren should be at the top of the list. Especially if we are dealing with Boston this offseason who knows Ainge best?

We should definitely not hire a guy with Ainge ties because of a possible 1 time trade

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Somewhere a lot further down on the resume and reasons to hire for David Griffin, would be that he has had a positive relationship with LeBron and his camp. Rich Paul isn't going to stop repping players and I hope the bad blood that's currently there can go away with whoever the new management team is. It might go away with whoever you hire, but given the preexisting relationship between Paul/Griffin, it might be easier to ease back into a normal relationship between a team and a power agent.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Somewhere a lot further down on the resume and reasons to hire for David Griffin, would be that he has had a positive relationship with LeBron and his camp. Rich Paul isn't going to stop repping players and I hope the bad blood that's currently there can go away with whoever the new management team is. It might go away with whoever you hire, but given the preexisting relationship between Paul/Griffin, it might be easier to ease back into a normal relationship between a team and a power agent.
    Good post

For what it is worth...

Fletcher Mackel

@FletcherWDSU

"One person who’s very close to people in the Pelicans organization and who’s been linked to the team in the past but I’m told will not be coming on board as GM or in other capacity is:

Joe Dumars"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    For what it is worth...

Fletcher Mackel

@FletcherWDSU

"One person who’s very close to people in the Pelicans organization and who’s been linked to the team in the past but I’m told will not be coming on board as GM or in other capacity is:

Joe Dumars"
    Woo hoo! Time to celebrate if true.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Woo hoo! Time to celebrate if true.
    Talk about.

More tidbits from Fletch...

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    More tidbits from Fletch...

That's a smart PR position.

I posted in a thread a few weeks back that I expected them to clean up the org chart. But don't expect it to actually mean anything different. What Loomis does has always been characterized. Mickey/Loomis/Gayle will confer on major decisions like any other ownership group will, but Mickey will no longer be featured in org chart.

Break the bank on Sam Presti.

Stop trying to find the next " it guy" just ******* bring in the best. Look how he maneuvered the KD situation and he has drafted MVPs (plural). Give that man the keys.

Incoming Woj bomb...

Basketball Guru
    we do need to thank demps for not trading AD before the deadline like some people in the org wanted him to take the lakers deal this season...

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    All I know is that the organization won’t handle this correctly. We’ll bring in more clowns
    All we are saying.... Is give Gayle a chance

It’s now official...

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    We should definitely not hire a guy with Ainge ties because of a possible 1 time trade
    He's been helping Boston build the team we are waiting for because they've amassed the better asset. That's why not because of a one time trade.

Ferry is the interim. I'm sure we'll have a new GM by te the AD trade is done.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It’s now official...

Not bad. Ferry did a solid job with ATL. The reason he lost his job was BS. Reading a scouting report that wasn't even his own words is nonsense.

Done Deal....for now

Fletcher Mackel

@FletcherWDSU

Danny Ferry has been appointed the interim GM of the New Orleans @PelicansNBA

In the statement from the Pelicans, Gayle Benson says the team "will immediately begin the process of restructuring our basketball operations department" to find a new leader who "directly reports to me"

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    In the statement from the Pelicans, Gayle Benson says the team "will immediately begin the process of restructuring our basketball operations department" to find a new leader who "directly reports to me"
    Without having a POBO, this position yields a lot of power and autonomy. Supposedly that is what Griffin wants if he ever returns to a front office position. It also should appeal to any other candidate. However, it also highlights the importance of this position being a home run hire and likely someone well respected in NBA circles and with a lot of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    See you Dell. I think this is pretty poor timing, to be honest. If you were gonna be fired, it should have been years ago, and not now after you've finally made a few good moves.
    Totally agree.

I imagine Gentry's fate will be left to the new GM....with that being a "most likely gone".

Not bad. Ferry did a solid job with ATL. The reason he lost his job was BS. Reading a scouting report that wasn't even his own words is nonsense.
    Disagree. He should have fired the scout that wrote it, instead of reading it out to the rest of the group.

This is a good long read on that entire ATL situation. There are some reasons to think Ferry could be great. Some reasons to think he'd be a control freak. I wouldn't exclude him from the search because of his exit from ATL, but it's definitely something they need to understand the implications of, and I'd lean away from Ferry if their was another candidate that was just as qualified without the baggage.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ime-fell-apart

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Disagree. He should have fired the scout that wrote it, instead of reading it out to the rest of the group.

This is a good long read on that entire ATL situation. There are some reasons to think Ferry could be great. Some reasons to think he'd be a control freak. I wouldn't exclude him from the search because of his exit from ATL, but it's definitely something they need to understand the implications of, and I'd lean away from Ferry if their was another candidate that was just as qualified without the baggage.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ime-fell-apart
    Agreed. I'm willing to give him a chance, and I'm not above thinking people can grow and learn, and I'm not in personal contact with him so I can't say whether he has done that or not. If there were any doubts in my mind as to his views here, I'd say no thank you.
    Basketball.

Thread Information