Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zion to be Rich Paul’s next client?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Rich Paul is the genius businessman that some people seem to think he is, then he should understand that this is business. Nothing against him personally, but if someone demands a trade mid-season and tries their business hand at sabotaging our position, we aren't inclined to help them out immediately. It's business, we aren't trying to ruin his life or anything, it's just us doing what's best for us.

If he is a legitimate businessman, he understands that each business transaction is a business transaction, and as long as we don't carry out a targeted vendetta against him, he should be able to measure business as business.

And if, by some event, he is personally salty about all of this, then the next choice of GM and how they approach it could hold a lot of weight. Griffin would be a positive in that department, but he might not be the best choice in other respects.
    Agree with all of this, but also these dudes have egos and Paul might believe the Pels intentionally set out to embarrass him. We'll have a very quick answer on this if Rich Paul clients in the draft aren't willing to workout for the Pelicans, but are willing to workout for teams that have draft position after the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    They did not buyout Morris, they waived him. They did so to create a roster spot for the other trade as we did not have enough spots.
    Which is even more favorable to the player/agent since a player gets his full guaranteed salary when waived as opposed to a buyout which is an agreed upon lesser amount.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Which is even more favorable to the player/agent since a player gets his full guaranteed salary when waived as opposed to a buyout which is an agreed upon lesser amount.
    That's what I was thinking too. But, it also means they didn't have to necessarily negotiate with the agent and so doesn't directly speak to any attempts/efforts to stabilize relationship with Paul. In fact, since I'm sure the Pelicans would have wanted to save some money if they could, it could also mean that Paul wasn't willing to play ball on a buyout.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The NBA needs to deal with Rich Paul and Klutch. Rich Paul and Lebron have undue influence on the league. They should not have the power to undermine and destabilize our franchise. I don’t care what color their skin is or what they’ve been through. The league needs to handle this and the PELICANS need to continue to play hardball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The NBA needs to deal with Rich Paul and Klutch. Rich Paul and Lebron have undue influence on the league. They should not have the power to undermine and destabilize our franchise. I don’t care what color their skin is or what they’ve been through. The league needs to handle this and the PELICANS need to continue to play hardball.

Agents have been playing this game (with less public outcry) for years. Before twitter and such transparency and access to info, we just didn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Agents have been playing this game (with less public outcry) for years. Before twitter and such transparency and access to info, we just didn't know about it.
    Yeah, but probably not with the arrogance and publicity he has done it.

Wrong. If you can't see the difference between this situation and the past, you're blind. LeBron is a PLAYER. But he's also the owner of a company. Rich Paul WORKS for him. So what person is going to make ANY decision that goes against the wishes of his BOSS? If Giannis were to be his next client, don't you think he'd TRY to find a way to get him to LA, if LeBron said that's what HE wanted? Regardless of what Giannis told him he wanted.

That's a major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Wrong. If you can't see the difference between this situation and the past, you're blind. LeBron is a PLAYER. But he's also the owner of a company. Rich Paul WORKS for him. So what person is going to make ANY decision that goes against the wishes of his BOSS? If Giannis were to be his next client, don't you think he'd TRY to find a way to get him to LA, if LeBron said that's what HE wanted? Regardless of what Giannis told him he wanted.

That's a major difference.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/31/le...-investigation

This simply isn't true, according to the NBA, but the perception that this true is part of the problem. Rich Paul simply could not have gotten these clients on his own and be a good agent, it must be something unusual and shady...

It can be true that the public trade request completely backfired on Rich Paul and was a bad look, and it can also be true that he has also generally gotten his clients what they want and that the backlash he's received has mostly been generated by hate from other agents...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    It doesn’t matter if agents have been doing this for years. What matters is that the NBA establish a system that prevents the kind of methodical tampering that fundamentally undermines a franchise. I’m glad we didn’t trade AD. But the strong arm and toxic approach Klutch has is bad for the nba. LeBron and Klutch AND AD have shown us they don’t negotiate. They went too far. They ******** on the pelicans franchise.

This site has the worst man crush on LBJ and Klutch Sports. Y’all gotta get over it.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This site has the worst man crush on LBJ and Klutch Sports. Y’all gotta get over it.
    except they're both apart of the situation so why wouldn't people talk about it? not to mention if it bothers you that much you don't have to read or comment on it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    except they're both apart of the situation so why wouldn't people talk about it? not to mention if it bothers you that much you don't have to read or comment on it

I mean let's be fair. Zion was only involved because he was on the court playing a basketball game. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean let's be fair. Zion was only involved because he was on the court playing a basketball game. Lol.
    sure lol but there what? 2 other players they're looking at barret and reddish sp it still has to do with us considering a top 3 pick still has the knicks on the conversation not as strong if they has the 1 but still in the convo ya know lol

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    sure lol but there what? 2 other players they're looking at barret and reddish sp it still has to do with us considering a top 3 pick still has the knicks on the conversation not as strong if they has the 1 but still in the convo ya know lol

we are more likely to be a trading partner with the knicks if they get the 2 or 3 pick than the 1.

Morant or Barrett as the centerpiece of a deal for AD to go to a destination he would be open to signing with a year later would be an *excellent* deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    we are more likely to be a trading partner with the knicks if they get the 2 or 3 pick than the 1.

Morant or Barrett as the centerpiece of a deal for AD to go to a destination he would be open to signing with a year later would be an *excellent* deal for us.
    Morant definitely, Barrett less so

It would be interesting to know how much of the dirty work was put on Dell, as well. It could be possible that with a new GM, a lot of the hard feelings will go away easier.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It would be interesting to know how much of the dirty work was put on Dell, as well. It could be possible that with a new GM, a lot of the hard feelings will go away easier.
    Do what we can to get Griffin as GM!

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/19/1...vs-dan-gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Do what we can to get Griffin as GM!

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/19/1...vs-dan-gilbert
    What about that article gets you that excited for Griffin. I like him as a candidate. However, the doubts come as a result of him doing whatever Lebron said rather than making his own moves. It makes it tough to judge his track record.

Thread Information