Pelicans Report

Thread: NFL owners approach Silver about becoming NFL commissioner

Question NFL owners approach Silver about becoming NFL commissioner

Are NFL owners stupid? As much as I hate Goodell, Silver would be worse.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ies-nfl-owners

Silver is multiple times better than Goodell. Like, it's not even close.

Silver has flaws but he's nowhere near as bad as Goodell.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The hell is wrong with you? Silver has been an awesome commissioner. The NBA is more accessible than ever. And they are letting platforms like YouTube and Twitter be what they are and not get in theri way. The NFL still makes you go to their and only their YouTube and won't let you embed their videos. They have such an archaic model. I'd gladly trade Silver for Goodell. With zero hesitation.

At the very least, Goodell hasn't allowed the players to run the league yet. I'd take the NFL system and the opportunity every team has to be successful over the NBA model where only a few teams have a legit shot every time.

And I wasn't saying that Silver hasn't done a lot of good things. In an NFL type system, though, we'd be more likely to keep a player like AD and we'd have a better chance to be competitive with larger markets.

No dude. No. You're just wrong on this one. Silver is way better than the NFL.

Players run the league because individual players have way more sway over games than a single player in the NFL. There's 15 player rosters compared to over 50 player rosters in the NFL. It's just totally different.

If Silver and Goodell switched places you'd see the NBA tanking like the NFL is now currently.

Silver has been extremely proactive with changes and addresses issues way faster. Goodell doesn't address a problem until he's forced in a corner and has no choice.

Thread Information