Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 25-31

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I like Kendrich Williams so much...
    This. I remember when I was mad earlier this season that we kept Troy over Kenny. LOL @ me

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Kyrie Injured. Boston blows 28 pt lead to Clips & Lose by double digits . Sounds like they need another All-NBA player.
    They're not taking KennyHustle

Kyrie Injured. Boston blows 28 pt lead to Clips & Lose by double digits . Sounds like they need another All-NBA player.
    Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    They're not taking KennyHustle
    LOL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Tatum, Brown, Smart, Memphis Pick, Sac Pick & Boston 2021 Unprotected. ---Method to Madness- Trade Pels 2019 pick, Boston 2021 pick, Memphis 2021 pick & Brown to Ping Pong Ball Winner. So basically a 3-team trade. Pels get Tatum, Smart & Zion
    Boston gets AD
    PingPong ball winner get Jaylon Brown 2019 Pels pick & both 2021 unprotected (Mem, Boston)
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-09-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Gentry get back on the plane?

Tatum, Brown, Smart, Memphis Pick, Sac Pick & Boston 2021 Unprotected. ---Method to Madness- Trade Pels 2019 pick, Boston 2021 pick, Memphis 2021 pick & Brown to Ping Pong Ball Winner. So basically a 3-team trade. Pels get Tatum, Smart & Zion
    Boston gets AD
    PingPong ball winner get Jaylon Brown 2019 Pels pick & both 2021 unprotected (Mem, Boston)
    I wonder if the No. 1 lottery pick could be had for that... If I had to guess it'd probably take more.

I wonder if the No. 1 lottery pick could be had for that... If I had to guess it'd probably take more.
    Willing to throw in Pels 2021 unprotected? 4 1st rd picks & Brown.

They can have Tatum for Zion.
    I'd be happy with Brown and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Nah, that's a non-starter for me. If I'm giving 4 unprotected 1st Rd picks, I gotta have Tatum.

We get Zion and I don't care what else. Tatum will never sniff superstar player level

Lock down the franchise player (Zion) and you can build around him the opposite way we did with AD. The right way.

We get Zion and I don't care what else. Tatum will never sniff superstar player level

Lock down the franchise player (Zion) and you can build around him the opposite way we did with AD. The right way.
    Except Zion has the dog in him. He hates to lose more than he loves to win. Like CP3 and Westbrook. Love it.
    That's why AD will never be an alpha MVP.

Except Zion has the dog in him. He hates to lose more than he loves to win. Like CP3 and Westbrook. Love it.
    Not sure why you said 'except'. You were agreeing with me

Not sure why you said 'except'. You were agreeing with me
    Yeah sorry meant that AD will never have that mentality Zion does. So you'd hope they build around him and he would recruit players.

I have watched a total of one complete game of Duke this year and you could see it in that game from him. He missed a dunk on a run out and was livid. He looked like he would choke someone. All because he missed a dunk. Coach K took him out and he was sitting on the bench and you could tell he was extremely angry at himself.

This one.

Happy for the loss. Not happy that AD played basically 34 minutes on the second night of a back to back. SIT. HIM. Jesus Christ.

On the plus side: we got a loss and simultaneously handed one of our competing teams a win, which is good for the tank, and Kenrich Williams continues to show that he is the GOAT.

Yes, he didn't shoot very well tonight, but 10 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, and the hustle continues! It's real effort, real care, someone who is on the court who wants to try hard. That's brilliant and beautiful and Kenrich Williams is a cool dude.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I have watched a total of one complete game of Duke this year and you could see it in that game from him. He missed a dunk on a run out and was livid. He looked like he would choke someone. All because he missed a dunk. Coach K took him out and he was sitting on the bench and you could tell he was extremely angry at himself.

This one.
    I haven't been a huge college basketball fan historically, but since this draft is one we are actually interested in, I've watched a lot of games recently to get my draft knowledge together. I've watched Duke vs Clemson, Auburn, Princeton, Wake Forest, and like, 2 others I can't remember, and he's basically always like that. Always mean mugging, always annoyed when he misses, always annoyed when a play collapses. He really does seem like one of those intense players who just hates losing.

Only positive from this game - Kendrich Williams. Rest was terrible. #TankModeOn

Petition to change this site to be called KenrichReport

At some point it is probably better for us to use the picks ourselves. I dunno. That's a crazy haul for the No. 1 pick. Especially Memphis and our 2021 unprotected. I'm not sure which way I'd lean on that one. Could probably get a deal done though if we did it.

At some point it is probably better for us to use the picks ourselves. I dunno. That's a crazy haul for the No. 1 pick. Especially Memphis and our 2021 unprotected. I'm not sure which way I'd lean on that one. Could probably get a deal done though if we did it.
    Yeah, I think right now I'm not lasered on a specific trade (except NOT Lakers).
    I'm just giddy as hell because it's gonna be the most busy, exciting & enjoyable summer for Pels fans ever.
    The Ping Pong Balls, the COMBINE , Summer League, the Draft, the AD Trade . Gonna be gReAT !

Yeah, I think right now I'm not lasered on a specific trade (except NOT Lakers).
    I'm just giddy as hell because it's gonna be the most busy, exciting & enjoyable summer for Pels fans ever.
    The Ping Pong Balls, the COMBINE , Summer League, the Draft, the AD Trade . Gonna be gReAT !
    Totally agree. I care about the offseason for the first time in years.

That's true. It's not JUST free agency this year. It's everything.

I can actually look at draftexpress and other sites to get an idea of players we might take. Summer League should be fun as heck. Of course the Ping Pong Ball show and draft.

Should be fun.

That's true. It's not JUST free agency this year. It's everything.

I can actually look at draftexpress and other sites to get an idea of players we might take. Summer League should be fun as heck. Of course the Ping Pong Ball show and draft.

Should be fun.
    I know right! Usually there is no interest in PIng Pong, because we have no pick, which leads to no interest in Combine because we can't have any of the players, which leads to no interest in Draft, which leads to no interest in Summer League because we have no LEGIT possible difference makers, which leads to looking at DraftKings etc. just to pass time & not for actual "ohhhh I like him, I hope he's there at #10. Might actually be some good stuff to talk about on here during Spring-Summer other than - man I hope we can get _____ in Free Agency! Oh wait, no cap space!

I know right! Usually there is no interest in PIng Pong, because we have no pick, which leads to no interest in Combine because we can't have any of the players, which leads to no interest in Draft, which leads to no interest in Summer League because we have no LEGIT possible difference makers, which leads to looking at DraftKings etc. just to pass time & not for actual "ohhhh I like him, I hope he's there at #10. Might actually be some good stuff to talk about on here during Spring-Summer other than - man I hope we can get _____ in Free Agency! Oh wait, no cap space!
    So true. Hopefully that means this place will be popping far more this spring and summer. Now I gotta go look at players for the draft. Right now we sitting at #9. I hope we can move up to about 6-7 when it's all said and done but our guys are still Hustling and with Kenny Hustle leading the way anything in single digits will be a win for us.

Thread Information