Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 25-31

Pelicans February 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 25-31

After a really lame win last game where we were all forced to watch some dude with a unibrow pretend that he's a member of the New Orleans Pelicans, we're on the road tonight to play the Memphis Grizzlies. They don't have Marc Gasol anymore, he's off in Toronto enjoying their poutine presumably, and instead they have Jonas Valenciunas, who is currently injured and will not be playing.

I would hope, given what we've heard and the fact that it's the second night of a back to back, that AD will not be playing tonight. That's really good, because (as I've said before) whenever he's on the court, any and all chemistry that builds up among the players is wasted effort, because there is no way he'll still be on the team next season, and therefore running offense through him only hinders the development of young guys like Frank and Kenrich, and their ability to play together.

Memphis have 22 wins right now, and we've just won two in a row. One would think that we're likely to win this game too, although we are without AD and we are also on the road, where we have been garbage all season long. I hope we can go back to playing like we did before AD forced us to watch him play again, with some dedication, enthusiasm, and effort. That would be great to see. Hopefully it also results in a loss anyway, because against forcing a win onto another lottery team right now is exactly the kind of thing which benefits our pick the most.

So let's go and #KennyHustle.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    go pels...3 in a row...

I'd rather rit be 3 loses in a row but we can't control Kenny Hustle going off and carrying the Pels...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd rather rit be 3 loses in a row but we can't control Kenny Hustle going off and carrying the Pels...
    Who needs AD when you have Kenny Hustle? #AmIRight

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Who needs AD when you have Kenny Hustle? #AmIRight
    I mean after all this time we need to finally have some good luck and actually hit on a rookie. It'd be crazy if after all this AD leaves and we happen to hit on a really solid player... Ironically at the wing position.

I mean after all this time we need to finally have some good luck and actually hit on a rookie. It'd be crazy if after all this AD leaves and we happen to hit on a really solid player... Ironically at the wing position.
    It would be another example of #pelslife

On another note. We could be 4 games out of the eighth seed after today if the Celtics beat the Clippers.

I think Gentry has proven himself. We should give him an extension and tell him to tank. Because apparently we win more when trying to tank.

On another note. We could be 4 games out of the eighth seed after today if the Celtics beat the Clippers.

I think Gentry has proven himself. We should give him an extension and tell him to tank. Because apparently we win more when trying to tank.
    The only way Gentry shouldn’t be fired is if we miraculously rally to make the playoffs and are at least competitive against the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The only way Gentry shouldn’t be fired is if we miraculously rally to make the playoffs and are at least competitive against the Warriors.
    lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    It's crazy that we have a team with Miller, Jackson, and Williams as starters. That is fascinating.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

You know what? I don't disagree with you! 1 caveat ! Erman gotta go . I like Finch & the players like Gentry. We have no trouble scoring. So, if Erman hits the bricks, I can be sold on Gentry staying . Oh, I can't believe I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You know what? I don't disagree with you! 1 caveat ! Erman gotta go . I like Finch & the players like Gentry. We have no trouble scoring. So, if Erman hits the bricks, I can be sold on Gentry staying . Oh, I can't believe I said that.
    At this point I don't think anything would surprise me. Let them stay or fire everyone, down to the guys that wipe the sweat off of the floor.

After what has transpired over the last month we should expect the unexpected.

Oh, definitely fire the training staff and team doctors.

At this point that might be all that actually needs to happen.

So AD is playing on a back to back.

Who’s ready for one last playoff run with AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Who’s ready for one last playoff run with AD?
    No. That is pointless.

Well then looks like you won’t be in for a fun time

I like Kendrich Williams so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Well then looks like you won’t be in for a fun time
    We aren't making the playoffs. Lol

I think we will, too much talent not to. Teams been playing well since Kenny Hustle took over

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    No. That is pointless.
    Grinch!

This is the best bit I've ever seen at a game. Mic Foley with the Memphis Grizzly bear wearing a Mankind mask.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I am enjoying watching the team more lately. Jrue + the bench is exciting.

Basketball Guru
    making noah look like a allstar

Keep Moore on the bench and play Kenny Hustle more.

God I love Kenny man

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information