Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: February 8th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Minnesota Timberwolves - 24-31

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Van Gundy doesn't hold back does he?
    And that's the reason he'd be an ideal coach here.

I honestly think I might be starting to hate AD.

It's amazing. As a player, I still hold him in high regard, I think he really is a transcendent talent, but the way the last few weeks has gone is totally poisoning my view of him.

First he demands the trade. That sucks, but it didn't make me hate him. I don't think I could blame him for wanting to leave after so long with such little success. I don't like it, but that's fair enough, although there's no question the trade request should not have been public. That said, we've seen Rich Paul say he made it public literally because he believes AD isn't a confrontational person, so I can excuse that a little from AD.

But then the media circus since then has largely been his fault. Putting out statements about which teams he would rather play for via Rich Paul. Sure, maybe Rich Paul did that of his own accord too, but AD could have come out publicly and said something about it, or specifically informed Rich Paul to walk it back, but he didn't. Then all the LA meddling and media hype, very little from AD to quell it. He just sat there and allowed the media and his agent to publicly trash the team and the organisation again and again.

Then, after saying he would understand if we didn't play him (''they have every right to do that''), he goes through his agent again to get word from the league office to force us to play him. Now we're winning close games that we should be losing because it is in the best interests of the future of the team to tank.

AD has ruined this season in terms of actually trying to win, and now he can't even have the good grace to just let us look to the future and try to build something that will be here after he leaves, he has to force himself onto the court, ruin our draft pick, tank our new chemistry, take all the fun out of the game, because you know, his numbers are important.

Just go away. You don't wanna be here, fine. No one is making you stay. Leave.
    Basketball.

Rich Paul and LeBron are the real cancers here. They corrupted AD

Great effort and good win! It was smart move with Davis - to bench Him in the 4 quarter.

So awkward having Davis on the court since we don't want to win and he's leaving obvs

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    So awkward having Davis on the court since we don't want to win and he's leaving obvs
    I wish we could just not play him at all. I know that's not going to happen, because the league is totally up itself, but it should.

Houston told Carmelo to just go home in early November. He was still a Rocket come mid-January, but hadn't played a single game for them in like, 2 months. They were allowed to just let him go.

When Eric Bledsoe said he didn't want to be in Phoenix anymore, with 15 games left of the season, Phoenix just held him out for that time. 15 games, didn't even suit up. They were allowed to just do that.

The Cavs said that J.R. Smith wasn't in their future on November 20th, and he hasn't seen a court since. It's been nearly 3 months and he's just floating in the ether. They're allowed to just do that, no complaints from the league.

But when it's us, no, we can't do that. We must play AD, do as much as possible to ruin our draft pick, and there's nothing the team can do about it. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wish we could just not play him at all. I know that's not going to happen, because the league is totally up itself, but it should.

Houston told Carmelo to just go home in early November. He was still a Rocket come mid-January, but hadn't played a single game for them in like, 2 months. They were allowed to just let him go.

When Eric Bledsoe said he didn't want to be in Phoenix anymore, with 15 games left of the season, Phoenix just held him out for that time. 15 games, didn't even suit up. They were allowed to just do that.

The Cavs said that J.R. Smith wasn't in their future on November 20th, and he hasn't seen a court since. It's been nearly 3 months and he's just floating in the ether. They're allowed to just do that, no complaints from the league.

But when it's us, no, we can't do that. We must play AD, do as much as possible to ruin our draft pick, and there's nothing the team can do about it. It's pathetic.
    Probably because Anthony Davis is a superstar player that’s twice as good as the rest of those guys combined.

The league wouldn’t let Houston bench Harden or the Bucks bench Giannis or whatever if those teams were faced with similar situation to those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Probably because Anthony Davis is a superstar player that’s twice as good as the rest of those guys combined.

The league wouldn’t let Houston bench Harden or the Bucks bench Giannis or whatever if those teams were faced with similar situation to those guys.
    So?

Where is there a line in the NBA rulebook that says that rules may be selectively applied depending on whether or not they find that particular player good enough? Where's the line that says ''any and all rules are entirely forfeit in the case of the League Office Feeling Like It.''?

Basketball Guru
    good game last night and good win...yeah AD was getting booed but it wasnt what i expected and the arena was full...

i like what i saw from the johnson guy....watching him live made me think about reke when he scored by driving to the basket with that euro step he did...plus dude played good defense..when he switch up on kat,,kat couldnt bully johnson toward the basket to score,,he had to take hook shots because johnson was holding his ground banging kat up a couple of times...

williams got his shine on late but im liking that dude...

frank must have suffered the AD effect last night so i hope he have a strong game tonight..

i notice something last night...jrue was the only player smiling all hard and chatting it up with AD as in glad he was playing...now i understand AD is mostly the reason jrue resigned with us and is his friend but the rest of the team was like whatever but they seem like they got over it going into the second half and made it a game and won...

hopefully we get tatum and brown during the offseason

so does anyone actually believe the rest of the the guys went to him and said they wanted him to play?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

On the plus side, Kenrich Williams continues to show better hustle, intensity, and court feel than Brandon Ingram. And shoots better.

On the plus side, Kenrich Williams continues to show better hustle, intensity, and court feel than Brandon Ingram. And shoots better.
    man I just love how he's not afraid to take the shot even if he's missed a couple of times just let's it go

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    man I just love how he's not afraid to take the shot even if he's missed a couple of times just let's it go

In games where he's received at least 30 minutes, he's averaging 16.5 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block per game on 62% from the floor and 54% from three. Obviously if there was a larger sample size, you would expect those efficiency numbers to drop somewhat, but he really does seem at home on the floor and he can shoot. He has skills. He's shown that.

In games where he's received at least 30 minutes, he's averaging 16.5 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block per game on 62% from the floor and 54% from three. Obviously if there was a larger sample size, you would expect those efficiency numbers to drop somewhat, but he really does seem at home on the floor and he can shoot. He has skills. He's shown that.
    I think the efficiency would stay near that bc he doesn't just take shots to take them and he's more worried about D and rebounding also loved some of the passes last night dude is just smart basically.

So?

Where is there a line in the NBA rulebook that says that rules may be selectively applied depending on whether or not they find that particular player good enough? Where's the line that says ''any and all rules are entirely forfeit in the case of the League Office Feeling Like It.''?
    The resting regulations deliver Silver the ability to fine teams for sitting healthy players in instances that include nationally televised games. That legislation needed a simple majority to pass.

"It ultimately is my hope that the rules go in the drawer and that teams step up here and see that there is a larger obligation to our fans, to the basketball community," Silver said regarding the rest issue.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ealthy-players

That's not my point.

Carmelo Anthony: healthy player. Sat by the Rockets for two months before being traded.
    JR Smith: healthy player. Sat by Cleveland for 4 months now, nothing from the League Office.
    Eric Bledsoe: healthy player. Sat by the Suns for 15 games after demanding a trade.

And nothing from the league. They didn't care. Weren't interested.

But when we do it, all of a sudden the rulebook comes out and they say it's not allowed. Well fine: I want to see the line in the rulebook that says that this rule only applies to Anthony Davis. Where is the line that says the rules are only selectively applied. Either it's not okay to sit healthy players, or it is. Why is it one rule for Houston, Cleveland, Phoenix, and another rule for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think the Pels are legit trying to win. Wtf. Otherwise why start Frazier over Frank?
    To me that is Gentry trying to tank. I think Frank is better.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    To me that is Gentry trying to tank. I think Frank is better.
    Lol. I think Frank is better too but Frazier was having a more impactful game last night. The switch to starting Frazier at the 2nd half looked like Gentry was legit trying to go with the hot hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lol. I think Frank is better too but Frazier was having a more impactful game last night. The switch to starting Frazier at the 2nd half looked like Gentry was legit trying to go with the hot hand.
    Yeah, I didn't realize until they showed Frazier's stats that he was having his monthly good game. My first thought was the tank is on. Then not playing AD in the 4th makes me think the tank is on.

Honestly, other than reducing Jrue and Randles minutes, it looks like we are actually trying to tank.

Kenny, Frank, and even Diallo are not apparently going to go along with that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Yeah, I didn't realize until they showed Frazier's stats that he was having his monthly good game. My first thought was the tank is on. Then not playing AD in the 4th makes me think the tank is on.

Honestly, other than reducing Jrue and Randles minutes, it looks like we are actually trying to tank.

Kenny, Frank, and even Diallo are not apparently going to go along with that idea.
    That's true. Kenny Hustle has been doing some serious work since he got minutes.

Thread Information