Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pels threaten with lost of draft pick and fines

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I am row 1, top level, behind the bench. AD will definitely know that I will purchase a train ticket for him.
    as you should I mean this is his fault if he would of waited to make things public till summer all of this crap wouldn't of happened but alas here we are awkwardness lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I go back to my original suggestion. AD wants to play? The entire stadium should make it clear they don't want him. Rain down the boos and cheer when he gets taken out. Fans sitting behind him should constantly be in his ear.

Basically break his psyche. I don't want him to get injured, I want him to be so in his own head that he loses his shot and never gets it back.
    I cant agree with this. Man shouldn't be ridiculed for something that no one could blame him for doing initially. Plus booing him lowers his value.

People can complain about the hypocrisy and have a strong argument. However this is another reason why it was best to move Davis before the deadline. It's a player's league and now we are at the mercy of Anthony and his team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    as you should I mean this is his fault if he would of waited to make things public till summer all of this crap wouldn't of happened but alas here we are awkwardness lol

And there is literally no other reason that he and Punk Paul did this, other than to shine LeBrons groin.

If AD’s production goes down (while he is on the court) that doesn’t help his trade value. If you want to trade him in the summer then you want AD to get the MVP of the NBA. Bad performances only lower his value, and hurt us.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Plus booing him lowers his value.
    Please explain...

And there is literally no other reason that he and Punk Paul did this, other than to shine LeBrons groin.
    exactly but we're some how the petty ones and unprofessional it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    Let's say you do that and he suddenly sucks. How does that help with his trade value? I guess I am different than the majority here. I don't take stuff personally that I know is business. I could care less if he goes to the Lakers, Celtics, or where ever. I am not looking to get back at anyone. I just want the best outcome for the franchise.

I would have been cool if AD sat as it could have theoretically improved our draft pick. On the other hand, when you dump Mirotic for what I feel or worthless 2nd round picks but inexplicably keep Randle, and now AD is going to play. I am not seeing any plan to tank. I am not seeing any plan whatsoever, except trade AD in the off season and get the best offer available at that time.

I will not boo AD for making a business decision. I will not boo the Pelicans or any other player playing for them. I will not root for us to lose games since the team that will be on the court will be competitive. I am not wired that way.
    AD could play terrible the entire rest of the season and it won't impact his trade value even 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    People can complain about the hypocrisy and have a strong argument. However this is another reason why it was best to move Davis before the deadline. It's a player's league and now we are at the mercy of Anthony and his team.
    No it's not. I return to the trash-heap argument. If someone says you can have your pick of the garbage in the scrap-heap today, or if you wait a few months you'll have a 65-70% chance at getting an actually good deal, you would be foolish to say that the scrap-heap is the better option just because it's immediate and sure-fire.

It's immediate and sure-fire, but it's also garbage.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    i want AD to score 30+ every game he play...if he can show thick skin while playing through all of this then to me he is showing some growth in him....

so lets get those offers up after this season....

No WAY! That is a Cop out & the wussified way to do it . You don't make the trade now just because we have to deal w/ AD for 58 days. Such short sightedness is frightening. You want to make a garbage trade just so we don't have to deal w/ 2 months, instead of sucking it up, getting through it & doing what's best long term.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i want AD to score 30+ every game he play...if he can show thick skin while playing through all of this then to me he is showing some growth in him....

so lets get those offers up after this season....
    Who gives a rats behind whether he shows growth or not? That won't change anything regarding trades. Nothing. Anthony BETA Davis needs to Take the Train.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No it's not. I return to the trash-heap argument. If someone says you can have your pick of the garbage in the scrap-heap today, or if you wait a few months you'll have a 65-70% chance at getting an actually good deal, you would be foolish to say that the scrap-heap is the better option just because it's immediate and sure-fire.

It's immediate and sure-fire, but it's also garbage.
    1st we should have traded him to the Knicks not the Lakers.

2nd if you think the Lakers deal is trash now imagine if/when Davis says this offseason he will only sign a new deal with the Lakers. Davis now holds most of the leverage. Thanks Dell.

No WAY! That is a Cop out & the wussified way to do it . You don't make the trade now just because we have to deal w/ AD for 58 days. Such short sightedness is frightening. You want to make a garbage trade just so we don't have to deal w/ 2 months, instead of sucking it up, getting through it & doing what's best long term.
    Like I mentioned above. We just lost an insane amount of leverage. Davis give us our out when he dropped his list of teams with the NYK on it. Now if he let it be known he'll only sign with the Lakers he loses all his trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Please explain...
    By booing him you create an atmosphere that we must absolutely trade him no matter what. It would be burning a bridge. I tend to believe AD trade value is so high because there are still questions surrounding if he will truly turn down that much money and if his heart is truly away from N.O. I mean he's only a 25 year old kid, his mind could change by the summer. We know his new representation are bad influences.

2nd if you think the Lakers deal is trash now imagine if/when Davis says this offseason he will only sign a new deal with the Lakers. Davis now holds most of the leverage. Thanks Dell.
    Oh right, so you're trolling. Gotcha.

Like I mentioned above. We just lost an insane amount of leverage. Davis give us our out when he dropped his list of teams with the NYK on it. Now if he let it be known he'll only sign with the Lakers he loses all his trade value.
    Uhhhh, what ?

I am absolutely baffled at some of these "trains of thought".

Basketball Guru

some of yall have to stop being scared..this is AD we have in our pocket and after the playoffs one of those teams that come up short may take the risk and offer better offers....there is that one team out there who will make that offer to have AD for one playoff and try to win it all....well this is what i believe...

He holds no more leverage now than he did yesterday.

I'm not booing Davis. Not going to make the arena a hostile environment for the home team no matter how much I disapprove of AD's team's tactics.

On the other hand, if I'm the Pels management, I don't roll over to the league on playing him. Going to fine me, take draft picks? I'm going to call that bluff. You really are going to stomp on a small market team after it's franchise player declared he wanted to leave in the middle of the season? I'll fight that PR battle. And by the time it gets resolved, the season should be almost over.

I'd be rallying other owners to line up behind me against the front office right now. In the meantime, he sits. Your move, Silver.

Draft Pick
    The crazy thing is this whole strong arming thing by the nba doesn't favor either party involed (The Pels or Davis). They care about ticket sales and tv ratings. So I say we do exactly what they want. If we aren't allowed to drastically deviate from his average minutes played.....then thats exactly what we'll do. We'll play him his average minutes. He is averaging 37 minutes a game this year. So we play him......for lets say 36 minutes. 36 STRAIGHT minutes. Then bench him. It's petty and stupid.....but this entire situation is petty and stupid. So now AD gets his average minutes , like the league has insisted......and the pels get THE ENTIRE 4th QUARTER of games WITHOUT AD to protect their draft standings and tank status. If AD gets hurt....he gets hurt......we aren't the ones making him play........we're just the only ones who will be punished if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky3535 View Post
    The crazy thing is this whole strong arming thing by the nba doesn't favor either party involed (The Pels or Davis). They care about ticket sales and tv ratings. So I say we do exactly what they want. If we aren't allowed to drastically deviate from his average minutes played.....then thats exactly what we'll do. We'll play him his average minutes. He is averaging 37 minutes a game this year. So we play him......for lets say 36 minutes. 36 STRAIGHT minutes. Then bench him. It's petty and stupid.....but this entire situation is petty and stupid. So now AD gets his average minutes , like the league has insisted......and the pels get THE ENTIRE 4th QUARTER of games WITHOUT AD to protect their draft standings and tank status. If AD gets hurt....he gets hurt......we aren't the ones making him play........we're just the only ones who will be punished if he does.
    That is a horrible idea. You're essentially trying to injure him if you do that. You are asking for him to get damaged.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    4 1st round picks and 3 recent 1st round picks that have potential - two of which were #2 picks overall, is not a trash offer. You can have your own evaluation of the players, but what would essentially be 7 1st round picks is not a trash offer. Even Fultz, who has been injured (physically/mentally) and not played, was able to recover a 1st, a 2nd, and an expiring. So yes, worst case scenario is the Pels could flip Kuz, Ball, and Ingram for 3 1st round picks. We crapped all over the offer, but it wasn't terrible/laughable.

Keeping AD also hurts our ability to tank. So the difference between the chance to bottom out to 6th best odds vs chance we'll improve with AD to 12th best odds is significant. It's 27% less likely to land in top 4 and 7.5% less likely to land at #1 overall. Moving up in the draft 5 or less spots, has costs teams at least an additional #1 pick over the last 5 years.

So that's 7 picks we could have had, plus the loss of draft position equivalent to another pick. Say what you want, but it's hardly wussified to say maybe we should have taken it or a Knicks offer, if for no other reason than to have a bettter shot with our pick of Zion, Ja, or RJ.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-08-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Not everyone who disagrees with you is trolling. If 85% of the folks here believe the same thing, why can't the 15% of us who are right post responses in disagreement without being called trolls?! Would you prefer this thing just be an echo chamber?

Thread Information