Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Demps : AD will play the rest of the season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    Shouldn't you be on a Lakers board drooling over their big win tonight?
    I'm not certain if I've ever encountered anyone that cherry picks, tells half truths & bases every argument that is made on Maybe's , possibly's, could be's, more than likely's & other assumptive foundations than you?
    You actually even create your own argument by answering someone else's post with an answer to something they didn't post or say. You are unique i in that way.

NOTE: I'm not reposting this so "This is for MVP" only NOT you Nola Dave. My regards.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You didn't get what you wanted so your goal is now to just pee in the well to ruin it for everyone?

We are here now like it or not.
    I have 3 bathrooms. Your drinking water is safe. Feel free to use the well water for your kool aid.

Do you really think I am not going to poke at y’all after something you told me absolutely would not happen... happens immediately!?!?

If you can’t take being wrong, don’t be so certain about things! R-E-L-A-X... this is going to be a long *** 4 months. It’s only been 8 hours.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You are unique
    Awe thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I have 3 bathrooms. Your drinking water is safe. Feel free to use the well water for your kool aid.

Do you really think I am not going to poke at y’all after something you told me absolutely would not happen... happens immediately!?!?

If you can’t take being wrong, don’t be so certain about things! R-E-L-A-X... this is going to be a long *** 4 months. It’s only been 8 hours.
    I'm curious- what happened that everybody said wouldn't happen? Is this another half truth? Kinda sounds like it. BTW- Ted Bundy was unique. To equivocate Unique w/ complement is most presumptuous & a bit egotistical .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I'm curious- what happened that everybody said wouldn't happen? Is this another half truth? Kinda sounds like it. BTW- Ted Bundy was unique. To equivocate Unique w/ complement is most presumptuous & a bit egotistical .
    Oh you big mad?

Relax man. We’re getting Tatum, Brown, Smart, Horford and 3 picks this summer. Have a beer. I wish I could offer you some comfort food. Im eating my sons pizza he left on his plate. I’ll probably regret it, but I told myself everything is going to be ok so I’m not sweating it.

If you see a message in that for you, great. If not, great. Go Pels!

What are you talking about? Are you claiming someone (or was it Mythrol specifically?) said AD would absolutely not play the rest of this season? I haven't seen that. Or did Myth or someone else say something else?

It's not the end of the world if AD plays.

Man for someone supposedly so happy you sure are bitter about the Pelicans not doing what you wanted. Lol

Again, the Pelicans playing AD doesn't change for a second what they should have done.

Y’all don’t listen to me anyway.
    Might be a good indication to examine inward and make alterations.

Gonna be so uncomfortable. You can’t tell New Orleanians that you don’t want to be in New Orleans anymore he’s gonna get booed all to be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    What are you talking about? Are you claiming someone (or was it Mythrol specifically?) said AD would absolutely not play the rest of this season? I haven't seen that. Or did Myth or someone else say something else?

It's not the end of the world if AD plays.
    I said there's no way Adam Silver could force the Pelicans to play AD because what was he going to do? Also dictate how many minutes he must play and rotations?

I still believe Adam Silver cannot force the Pelicans to play AD, because he cannot. There's no rule or precedent for it. The only rule on the books says they can be fined... Nothing about forced play and even then the fine is for National televised games.

The Pelicans simply bent the knee on this without a fight because they didn't want the PR hassle and everything entailed in it. I'm sure they figured it'd be even more of a distraction to the team and everyone involved to sit AD.

I disagree strongly with the Pelicans stand on it. It's absolutely stupid. But when you're dealing with a ***** like AD and his agent who is looking for any excuse to hurt the Pels since we just schooled him so bad in the media, they just didn't want to fight that battle.

First time AD falls too hard they are going to pull him and bench him.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Gonna be so uncomfortable. You can’t tell New Orleanians that you don’t want to be in New Orleans anymore he’s gonna get booed all to be damned.
    I gotta think he comes off the bench just so they don't boo him when they announce the starters. But honestly, he deserves whatever he gets for the way this went down. He could have waited until the season was over or kept it private between himself and the front office.

He made the bed...

I said there's no way Adam Silver could force the Pelicans to play AD because what was he going to do? Also dictate how many minutes he must play and rotations?

I still believe Adam Silver cannot force the Pelicans to play AD, because he cannot. There's no rule or precedent for it. The only rule on the books says they can be fined... Nothing about forced play and even then the fine is for National televised games.

The Pelicans simply bent the knee on this without a fight because they didn't want the PR hassle and everything entailed in it. I'm sure they figured it'd be even more of a distraction to the team and everyone involved to sit AD.

I disagree strongly with the Pelicans stand on it. It's absolutely stupid. But when you're dealing with a ***** like AD and his agent who is looking for any excuse to hurt the Pels since we just schooled him so bad in the media, they just didn't want to fight that battle.

First time AD falls too hard they are going to pull him and bench him.
    I'm thinking he probably gets about 20 minutes a game. Unless they actually continue to try and make the playoffs.

Man for someone supposedly so happy you sure are bitter about the Pelicans not doing what you wanted. Lol

Again, the Pelicans playing AD doesn't change for a second what they should have done.
    Not bitter at all. Like I said in the other thread, as a Pels fan I hope this risk/gamble that y’all were so jubilant about pays off. I’m looking forward to a new PBO that will lead this organization into the future. Hopefully that’s the right person and I’m looking forward to their first in depth interview almost as much as the draft lottery.

Will more people come to games just to boo AD? We definitely have more posts on here for losses.... Might just be what the team needed to sellout home games

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm thinking he probably gets about 20 minutes a game. Unless they actually continue to try and make the playoffs.
    My assumption is they sat down with AD and his agent, the NBA, the Players Association and had discussions with all of them and came to some type of agreement where they'd played AD with the understanding that it'd be limited minutes and they were going to be extremely cautious with any type of injury. A jammed finger and he sits out weeks while it heals.

What those minutes are? My assumption is it probably caps out at 30 while I'd hope it'd be lower to 20-24 minutes.

What makes this situation so unique is normally when a player says they want to be traded, they also don't want to play for the team anymore. But AD is a special kind of ***** who is too much of a coward to speak for himself but also too much of a Beta so he wants everyone to like him so he still wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Will more people come to games just to boo AD? We definitely have more posts on here for losses.... Might just be what the team needed to sellout home games
    I won't give the Pelicans a dollar while they insist on playing AD. I'm planning on calling my ticket rep in the morning and canceling everything I had with them.

Oh you big mad?

Relax man. We’re getting Tatum, Brown, Smart, Horford and 3 picks this summer. Have a beer. I wish I could offer you some comfort food. Im eating my sons pizza he left on his plate. I’ll probably regret it, but I told myself everything is going to be ok so I’m not sweating it.

If you see a message in that for you, great. If not, great. Go Pels!
    Nice copy . But, really, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a poor mans MM! What I mean by that is- You have most of MM's negative traits, but he's actually smart.
    I'm truly not any mad. Your opinion isn't important enough to be mad. It's is a bit comical & you are a bit petty & you seem to think highly of yourself, but other than that, I assume someone thinks you're probably a pretty good guy. Notice: I used one of your faves (probably)

This is a trash decision. I know everyone has already said that but wow, just a terrible decision. There is no good reason to do this whatsoever.

1) The league does not require coaches to play any particular lineup
    2) AD's contract does not stipulate that he must play a certain number of minutes or games
    3) Playing AD makes us more likely to win games, which is not what we want
    4) AD is not a part of the future identity of the team, playing him prevents us getting a headstart on that identity
    5) So of course Dell decides he should play anyway.

Garbage.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25945942

The Jump on whether the League would pressure the Pelicans to play Anthony Davis.

So I’m guessing Davis is back up on the intro videos tomorrow? Pictures go back up? Like nothing ever happened?

It’s all risk management. I thought many people were underestimating the number of things that could go wrong by keeping Davis past the deadline and letting this thing drag out for months. Here it is the first day and—viola—already a potentially significant variable has gone negative. Davis is going to play, putting our most valuable asset at risk and/or worsening our draft choice significantly. The longer things drag out, usually the more things go wrong. You have to price that in.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    It’s all risk management. I thought many people were underestimating the number of things that could go wrong by keeping Davis past the deadline and letting this thing drag out for months. Here it is the first day and—viola—already a potentially significant variable has gone negative. Davis is going to play, putting our most valuable asset at risk and/or worsening our draft choice significantly. The longer things drag out, usually the more things go wrong. You have to price that in.
    Nah, I disagree. I think that most people are well aware that there a ton of things that could go wrong and that there is always a risk in keeping any player. I also think (though this isn't the case with you here, just in general) that the argument that says most people were underestimating or ignoring possibilities comes from a largely arrogant, smug, self-satisfied sense of ''I'm a genius and you're all idiots who didn't see what my genius did''.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, I disagree. I think that most people are well aware that there a ton of things that could go wrong and that there is always a risk in keeping any player. I also think (though this isn't the case with you here, just in general) that the argument that says most people were underestimating or ignoring possibilities comes from a largely arrogant, smug, self-satisfied sense of ''I'm a genius and you're all idiots who didn't see what my genius did''.
    It's misplaced arrogance. The only reason the Pelicans are in this position of 'risk' is because of LA's/Klutch's BS. If the Pels had a legitimate number of options to trade him to, it would be done.

I hope the Pels did leak those names and I hope it shows other teams that if you try to make NOLA your **********, this is what happens.

If Davis gets hurt and we lose out because the NBA forced us to play him, well so be it, we'll have 2 pro sports leagues who outright robbed New Orleans instead of one.

Was there an argument for taking the Laker deal? Yeah, sure, but you'd be showing the world they can screw you over with no consequences, and for a deal that's not a slam dunk return anyway.

The Pelicans not being able to sit him is a joke, so if he gets hurt, the 'told ya so' crowd will be backdooring that 'win' at best.

And the absolute worst part about this is how shocking it is! Nobody saw it coming...
    Yes, the Pelicans should have let the Lakers bully them into a trade through tampering and a media assault. Ig we're lucky, one of those Laker assets could turn into a big star, like Ingram.

Then he, too, can hire Rich Paul and force a trade back to LA!

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Yes, the Pelicans should have let the Lakers bully them into a trade through tampering and a media assault. Ig we're lucky, one of those Laker assets could turn into a big star, like Ingram.

Then he, too, can hire Rich Paul and force a trade back to LA!
    What we should do, is just do the safest possible thing at all times, with no risks.

We should never even leave our houses in case lightning strikes us in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraunpetri View Post
    Duuude. You guys have got to chill. This was how this HAD to happen. This quote says it all:

"Moreover, the Pelicans want to preserve the integrity of the game and align our organization with NBA policies."

The NBA will not allow a team to sit a player who is healthy even if he has requested a trade. If he gets injured, so be it. We knew the risk going in and I would much rather take that risk than try to trade away the Lakers poo-poo platter. And you'd better believe if he gets a hangnail our trainers will be advising 2 weeks of rest. This was the gamble you had to take and us as fans can decide how we want to treat AD when he steps back on the court.
    Exactly! Ideally he sits but that is not how this works. People freak out the second something doesn’t go how they want it to. The players association and the NBA probably does not want him to sit and AD does not want to sit. We still need to make AD happy so he doesn’t completely screw us in the summer by killing all of our leverage by having his agent tell teams he will not resign with them and there will be no changing his mind. Fans should respect how he has handled this by letting us know now so we can get max compensation for him. Would they rather he just give us the Lebron treatment telling us we have a shot knowing he won’t come back. Then we lose him for absolutely nothing. I hate that this happened but moving on and rebuilding this team through his trade will be the best thing to ever happen to us. I say we play him 30 minutes max a night while giving him lots of off nights to rest and taking any kind of injury as cautious as possibly. I’m sure he would be fine with this as well and what is likely to take place.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-08-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Thread Information